1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guys question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andrew99, Feb 7, 2014.

1. blond

I tend to be attracted to personality more then looks.
    As for me i look a little feminine but i don't really act like it. Maybe i'm weird.

2. Skov

I'd consider myself maybe on the more masc side if I had to label myself. I don't really care what I come across as though. As for dating, I really can go both ways. I've had bad crushes on both masculine and feminine guys. I will say that generally I find that they are more frequently on feminine guys. Really though it comes down to if I like someone, I like them.

3. tscott

I would say that in terms of type more masculine appearing, acting, and ginger would be preferable, but I can't say I'd rule anybody out. I was having coffee with some friends from the gay men's chorus, and enjoyed talking with this one guy that I'd date if he weren't already married. He's a dancer, African-American, was wearing glitter nail polish, and is quite feminine. Totally against type. Yet there was a click, if you will, that someone like this could make me happy. Type has to do in large part fantasy and nothing to do with individuals.

4. Awkward Balloon

I'll be with anyone I find attractive, but unfortunately that group consists solely of masculine men. I have nothing against feminine men, but they are just not appealing to me. I have a desire to be protected and sheltered so I understand my preference.

Edit:
    I'm also on the machine side of things.

#24 Awkward Balloon, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  5. tulman

The first thing you have to be is old enough. Messing around with 14 yr. old football players, guys in dresses or anyone in between can get older guys in a heap of trouble.

6. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a mix and I'm attracted to a mix. It's ok if they veer in the feminine direction, but I'm not attracted to uber masculine guys.

7. Gen

Gen

Quite frankly, I couldn't careless and I would prefer to be with a guy who, similarly, couldn't care less.

Masculine and feminine are valid adjectives for descriptive reasons, but I'd rather not waste my time weighing my actions on scales. Expression is a very subjective and volatile aspect of a person's personality. Most people are too complex to be narrowed down into unnecessarily polarizing groups. The problem with having expression as a notable factor in your attraction to your partner, or their attraction to you, is that it sets a level of expectation. None of us know how we might evolve in the future with certainty. If I find myself leaning more towards the side of masculinity or femininity than I was previously, I don't want to have to worry about being with a someone who will criticism what makes me feel comfortable or find me less appealing.

Physical attributes are so minimal. There are so many people who fall in love with their partners specific attributes that they find themselves feeling unsatisfied when those attributes change or fade. Weight, style, expression, etc.

There is such a focus on expression when attraction comes up because most people imagine it to be more than it actually is. People claim that they can't 'change what they find attractive', but it is not about being able to look past what you find attractive in a certain set of people, rather broadening your perception of what is attractive in order to find similar qualities in a more varied about of people.

8. XTREMEZish

For me personally I'm masculine and prefer masculine. I hate fashion. The only time I think about designing is maze designing (not drawing mazes. Designing the mazes at halloween places). Also I LOVE HORROR and I don't think a lot of feminine guys like horror or scary shit, or bloody/violent video games. So there is your answer. Also I don't want drama in my life. Also I know this shouldn't play a huge role is choosing but it does for me, if you won't walk through one of those horror mazes at the halloween places. Maybe it won't work out.

#28 XTREMEZish, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  9. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I totally agree with Gen.

I like to consider myself neither masculine nor feminine since often these are tied with heterosexual-based stereotypes which don't apply to me. I am not not "girly" because I like artistic things; I am not "macho" because I do martial arts. I do things that are interesting to me. If anything, I dislike guys who are one-dimensional, trying to live up to someone else's ideals, but really few guys are that shallow, and even I sometimes fall into wrongly dismissing guys, especially those who are really into sports (my achilles heel in terms of knowledge), as being off-limits.

10. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Will u marry me?

11. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is pretty much how I feel about it too. On a sidenote, looking at your info on the side of the screen, resu, I'm from Salt Lake and my husband is from Oklahoma.:lol:

12. Juggalo

Despite my somwhat feminine appearance, I have got a masculine personality. So I guess I am currently looking for a masuline guy physically, but with a femme personality. But beggars cant be choosers.

13. justjade

I'm not sure what kind of guy I am. I think I'm pretty masculine, perhaps a bit feminine. I'm not sure anymore. I mean, when I dated masculine guys--sort of men's men, if you will--they always seemed to try to make me super-girly. Of course, I was a girl, but I didn't appreciate it, so my preference went to more feminine guys. I think I still prefer feminine guys, but it's kind of a selfish way to solidify my gender identity. Maybe if I was more secure, I would go for more masculine men.

14. StillAround

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Sup,

Here I am. On one of your threads again...

I guess I'm masculine enough on the outside ('cause I managed to hide until I didn't want to anymore), but I've got a feminine core, whatever that means.

As for what I'm looking for, how would I know? But I think someone much like me--wide and varied interests, into serious conversation and big issues. Whether they appear "masculine" or "feminine," I'm not much into those constructs. They're words heavy with societal expectations, and I gave all that up just recently.
    :lol:

15. Yosia

I am feminine personality and striving to look it too but i like either type of boy actually and a middle would be perfect ~

16. Perseus

Let's say there's a scale... 0 being feminine/flamboyant while 1 being masculine/manly. I'd put myself as 0.5 and I look for people from 0.5-0.8. It's not like a limit or anything, but just that I don't really like extremely feminine or extremely masculine guys...

17. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well for real dude ??
    im a flamboyant guy and i love horror and scary shit and bloody video games im pretty strong and dont worry not everybody is so dramatic cause you are talking about girls like that :dry:
    how i dress and how i look and how i act is not everything about me so i say lets stop judging people from their labels cause like that its just like judging that all gay guys are bad people or all gay guys act femme
    we all need to grow up and stop being judgmental at least try to get know each other from the inside before saying that femme guys are so stupid and dramatic and weak and masculine guys are so strong and sexy and more manly than those femme guys well you're wrong baby :eusa_naug

18. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am a masculine guy who prefers masculine men but not the extreme body builder types. It's kind of like "mildly masculine". I don't want a jerk who isn't in touch with his feelings because I look and act masculine, but I wear my emotions on my sleeve. Not a drama king, but I don't hold back. :slight_smile: I am not into fashion, but I don't mind a guy who is. I am just personally not into guys who paint their nails and stuff(with one exception), not that they don't have every right to do that. Everyone likes who they like.:wink:

19. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i just dont get it lets say you and i for example met im a flamboyant but i dont paint my nails don't worry i never wear make up and you said you dont mind guys who are into fashion
    i love video games especially horror like silent hill resident evil obscure you know the type
    and i die for movies like saw they are my fav
    i just act and dress a little different than you do and people label me femme and yes im femme but some guys like you think that you wont like guys like me can u please give me a very big reason why you have such an idea that you wouldn't be able to like or date a femme a guy ?

20. Acm

Acm Guest

I don't think I'm very feminine or masculine...sort of in between I think. And I don't really have a preference for guys either