1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you picture the day of your death?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GingerGuy, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Data

Data Guest

I'd like to be about 70. It would be awesome to see 2100 but I'd be almost 120 years old! :grin: 70 or 80 is what I think is a good age to pass away. That's really when you start breaking bones and having to take lots of medications. I'd like to use up my body, but not be DEPLETED by the time I die.

I'd like to pass peacefully. In my sleep would be nice.

2. Hexagon

I'd like add that I will not suffer through the kind of pain my grandparents are suffering through every day. There comes a point when pain just ruins the rest of your life. If I reach that point, its a nice tall building/assisted suicide for me. But hey, thats not till I'm like 80. :slight_smile:

3. Miss Loopy

I'd just like to be with someone I love.

#soppy.

4. Sitri

My imagined deaths are all delusions of grandeur. Some sort of self sacrifice, a death in a battle against those who would oppress others, or perhaps a cryptic phrase followed by a smirk and at last death. "Plaudite! Acta est fabula!"

5. June Cleaver

Thank you! I had not noticed! I should add I hope it is painless in my sleep next to my beloved. I would not want him to think he got me too exited or something. June

6. AmityRanch

Yep, this thread is depressing as all hell.
    Hurry up science. GET ME TO LIVE FOREVER

7. Soddit

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I'm dying I better be sleeping all day and just die. I don't want to feel anything. Or eating ice cream. But no pain. but an ice cream death would be good.

8. mvjp

i know that i will die young but i wish to beat jesus so as long as i hit 34 its all good baby

9. blueberrymuffin

Death during sex sounds fun...Honestly it's best not to worry about, especially if relatively healthy. If you fall into dementia, your mind will be gone before it happens anyway. If not, people tend to die as they live. Don't live in fear of death and it will be easier when the time comes.

10. Beware Of You

All I want is not to be alone, that is my biggest fear

11. GingerGuy

I know this thread is depressing by nature, but I noticed something in the replies that made me quite disturbed. The high amount of EC members who say they want to die young.

You know what is my opinion on this?

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT

It feels like most people nowadays, specially the youngest ones, associate old age with senility, poor health, and a sad, miserable life. But I have to tell you all something: No matter how many health problems can reduce your quality of living, dying young, the only other option, is NOT the best alternative. Yes, there are benefits from living a long life: more experience and maturity, a new outlook of things, grandchildren to make you happy, and experiencing changes in the world. I love it, for example, when my grandparents talk about WW2, the dictatorship of the sixties, former presidents, etc.

If you die young, you will miss ALL of this. You will never marry, have kids, increase your income, or see a day when gays are fully accepted into the society. Your life will be cut short, before you can make your dreams come true and explore your potential to the fullest. And when it comes to the diseases, its true that sooner or later they will happen, but they can be postpĆ³stened if you take care of your health now, giving you more opportunities to enjoy your final years. Think about all the trips around the world you wont make. Just think about it.

And this is why I will not allow myself to die until I have reached at least 80 years old

12. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Warning: facetious and PG-13

I'm 90, in bed, with a male supermodel on one side of me and a female supermodel on the other. I've worn myself out with the two of them and my heart can't take it anymore.

13. ha ha that's great - I have already done this

I actually never thought I would make it past 18 when I was a kid (worse yet never wanted to - in fact tried to off myself at 14 due to bullying) :tears:

but I am not sure how long I will make it - I only know half of my genetics - and only one of my direct relatives is still alive - my mother and even she has had cancer

every one of them died from cancer but one and he died from a heart attack

all before 65 :bang:

gives me 14 years - except I have a healthier lifestyle - being Vegan and non-smoker

plus since I ride a bicycle everywhere I get more exercise

so I may have bit of a chance.

mainly I just want to die in peace and quiet and without pain. Not lingering on. Nor do I want to have any problems losing my mind or with dementia - please do not put me in a home! I need my independence.

14. GayNerd

I'm planning on reaching immortality by the time I die, but I'll give it a shot. :astonished:

I'm (hopefully) past 100, with the man of my dreams holding my hand with everybody who is close to be beside me. Then, when my final minutes are ticking away, I continue to kiss good-bye everybody. And when I know that in just seconds, I shall be 'gone', I will say 'Wake me up when I'm dead'.

And I really want a coffin. Not just me stuffed inside a bag with the word HEFTY on it.

But then again, I wanted it to be easier on everybody, so I want to die on a Monday, Trash Day. And I'll make sure I die by the curb, and when I'm dying, I'll be like 'Mommy, I'm dying...', then she'll be like 'Okay, I'll be out there in a minute.'

Two good ways to die.

Marvelous, simply marvelous...

15. arcchi

-Married with the girl i love
    -Have one adoptive son/daughter
    -Do at least 75% of my "before die list"
    ---Then i will be older than 70 and i could peacefully die in my bed

16. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow. What a topic.

I plan on being asleep when it happens. I wish. Doesn't everybody.

Actually, even back to my peasant ancestors, they lived a long time. A real long time. On both sides. And they weren't into health food, exercise, or anything remotely healthy.

When they did go, they usually went right away (kerplunk) or their final period of being weak and feeble lasted from 2 to 6 months, in which they just sort of died.

17. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Preferably after finding peace with myself, accomplishing all or even most of my long-term goals, and with a positive legacy left behind. Realistically, this could happen at any age, but it would probably be sometime after midlife, if we're taking my history into account. I wouldn't want to live with years of additional suffering, so if it could be quick and when I'm otherwise occupied, that would be just great.

18. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    However, funeral wise; I have it planned out. I don't want anyone to attend my funeral. No one. I just want to be buried in an undisclosed location with no grave marker. No final words. No mourning or grievers. No one. I want to be remembered how I was treated in this life -- invisible and forgotten.

19. Ruthven

I believe that you can still do stuff and be in great health even in old age. There's so many older people who still work out and exercise and everything.

There's this guy who is 101 and runs marathons, well I think he retired from marathons several months ago, but he still runs everyday. He gives me hope and inspiration that getting old doesn't mean you fall apart and can't do the stuff you love. I think it's all about eating decently healthy and exercising regularly and you'll be fine.

[​IMG]

20. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    The only thing that matters when I die is that I look pretty.