Just how empty ARE EC's closets (how out are y'all)?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by chercheur, Sep 12, 2013.

1. chercheur

chercheur Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm, just sitting here wondering whether this site has more out people or more closeted people.

It's funny cause I guess this is supposed to be for people who need help coming out, but I was almost 100% out when I joined. Now I am 100% out.

What about the rest of y'all?

---------- Post added 12th Sep 2013 at 06:13 PM ----------

Ohh grrr, wanted to add a poll XD ohh welllll, haha XD That completely ruined my post..now I'm grumpy, hmmph, haha XD

#1 chercheur, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  2. RoguesWolfe

I'm only half way out? Out as pansexual, everyone knows that one XD....as for being trans....only three people.

3. RainyViolinist

I was out to pretty much all my friends in middle school, but since I now go to a different high school than them, I basically am back in the clutches of the closet again *sigh*. Why is it we have to keep coming out all the time?!?!

4. Ashen

Out to a few people as asexual, out out only one person as biromantic

5. Sully

Well I've come out personally to 8 people (all friends). I know that 1 or those people has told at least 1 person, which annoyed me because its not someone who I'm close with/wanted to know. Another 1 of the eight has told at least 1 other, not fussed by that because its someone who I'm not close to but haven't known them that long so orientation I guess wasn't really an element of that friendship. And another one of the 8 people has told at least 2 people I think, once again not fussed by this, not close to the people they told and haven't known them long so I couldn't care less.

I'm sort of in that inbetwee being out and not. I still haven't told plenty of good friends (but the dozen or so people that know I guess it'll gradually spread (which I'm happy with). I'm not out to any family though and I don't know when I will be.

I don't really know when I'll be completely out, and more to the point I don't know what 'completely out' is! Is being 'out' everyone knowing, or is it just having opened the closet to a few? I wish I knew.

Also I feel because I'm really not obviously gay I'll never be fully out, in the sense that I'll meet people and they won't know, not that it matters, not everyone has to know but I guess if friendship groups change I'll have to come out my whole life. Things like work, if I had a boyfriend that hypothetically came to like a work Christmas dinner it would probably come as a shock to them because I doubt I'd discuss stuff like that with work mates.

#5 Sully, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  6. 2112

My closet is partially empty :icon_wink

7. justjade

I'm making steady progress. Almost told my dad today but then decided against it. I feel better and better as I come out to more of my friends and coworkers. I feel pretty good. I did make a joke about not wanting to go to Thanksgiving if I have to rent a tux, and my dad didn't look at me funny. Maybe he knows? Ah, fuck it. Who cares? :grin:

8. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was out to pretty much everyone when I joined, I'm out to pretty much everyone now, and there's been a lot of coming out in the meantime as I've met a hell of a lot more people. XD

9. I'm out to my mom and one friend who is also a lesbian.

10. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not very out.

11. Saint Otaku

I was just forced out today by my stepmom after she read my journal. It is irrritating me at the moment -_-

12. penguin machine

I'm out to everyone I know. If someone calls me gay I'd say I'm really bisexual I'm just not dating girls in the forseeable future. I mention that I have a boyfriend more than I mention being gay. I'm getting braver at simply mentioning the presence of a boyfriend in my life. I mentioned that I had borrowed money from my boyfriend when I was buying a textbook at the campus store. At work, I haven't made any real friends so conversation hasn't turned that way yet.

13. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Everybody is different. Everybody's situation is different, too. Some of the more chronologically challenged people here work in environments where it would be difficult. Things are changing, though. EC's description is "Coming Out Resources & A Safe Place to Chat." I see it as kind of "and/or." A great aspect of the forum is being able to talk, and even joke around, with people whose ideas may not fully agree with yours, yet it is generally devoid of dislike and disapproval.

14. JessicaWolfess

immediate family and you fine folk :slight_smile:

15. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was out to a few people when I came here, but came out to my wife since then, which was a giant step. I definitely feel like the support I've gotten from people on EC made a huge difference.

16. sigurros652

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Immediate family and close friends. Trying to be out at college too :slight_smile:

17. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    I have told both best friends, summer camp, and GSA

18. GayNerd

I've told my immediate family, a select few others, so all in all, I have a ways to go. :slight_smile:

19. Hrantou

Everyone knows except 1 sister.

20. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Closet? What closet? All I see is a bunch of clothes on the floor... which I gotta wash.