1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you need love in life?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beware Of You, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Gibson85

I do. I tried to be celebate for a while. found my partner for life even being trans and gay. Love is some thing that you have to work on to. Starts out as a spark but you have to keep that spark alive some days. and worth it Id say

2. Who knows

Who knows Guest

Yes we all need some love. It varies culturally, geographically and biologically.
    People respond to affection differently but as a child it is considered to be an important component of what shapes us as adults.
    Although there are exceptions to this, like in many other aspects of life.

It's not absolutely necessary for some later on but it is seen as an indication of the intimacy you have with someone. Of course you'll find that you do not want to be loved or want to love someone else some point in your life but that feeling fluctuates and you may find yourself wanting love.
    Human beings are social creatures and love is just one of the aspects which may increase happiness and quality of life.

And to answer your question: Yes I need love in life because it assures me that I am not alone.

(This was not made with the intention to persuade you to agree with me.)

3. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes you need love. But love comes in various ways. Sex doesn´t need to be included.
    And you don´t need a partner to give you love.
    You can be loved by your parents, your siblings, your friends too, you know.

4. Britishskittles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    couldn't say it better myself I need people to love me but I don't need a relationship or sex although I do miss being in a relationship and sex I don't need it ,I need my independence and to be loved by friends and family

5. Elf Wynd

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I demand love from all of my worshipers, I am a Jealous God.... :wink:

Need love - yes, I think we all need love, to be loved and to love others.

Do I need love - yeah, sure. Do I want love (oh yes please) can I live without it - for a while...

6. Abbra

Yes, I think we do need love. Living for myself and only myself sounds really boring and useless. We got a long time to spend on the Earth, so we might as well spend it with others.

You don't need a relationship to be loved either. All you need is someone you care about enough to sacrifice something for whether that something is as big as money, or as small as a little time.

7. June Cleaver

I do! I am completely unhappy when not in love and alone. I lost my partner in 96 and thought he was the love of my life. I could not seem to get more than a sexual connection with a man until my eyes looked in Mike's eyes and fell madly in love that second which was nearly the moment I first laid eyes on him and that was Nov 08. I spent the next five years secretly in love with him hurting and miserable inside and 3 of them till Oct 2011 with his cousin as my partner extremely unhappy sick every time I had to touch him. I even last November tried to kill myself the anguish was so bad as I had not even seen Mike at a distance for about 2 years at that point thinking he never even noticed me. Then he came to me the next day and had noticed me all those years ago! I even found out he loved me too and from that moment our eyes met he had wanted me thinking how lucky his cousin was! He was miserable with dating many Cis-women over those years thinking of me and 1 year was back with his wife. His family all seem to accept me as his granny, mom, and dad all have said at different times to me they had worried about him for years never being happy and for the first time in his adult life is truly happy and I seem to be what he was missing though they disagree with my male body they will overlook it and leave it unmentioned to him as they want us together. There is two people who were miserable for years because we did not have the one we loved in our lives and are now happy as a couple. So it really depends on you! June

8. KnownSecret

To me it would be just wonderful to have someone that you can share everything with. Someone that you can be your complete self with that there are no boundaries of who you are. Love is a difficult thing, but I do believe people need to feel love. Without love there would be no inspiration in this world, and the thought of being alone until you die is a soooooo depressing to me. I couldn't imagine being alone my whole life. I would rather have someone to share the experience of my life with, someone that will be the reason why I want to wake up in the morning, someone that can be there for me when I am so down that life seems worthless.

So by now you could prolly see that I stand that everyone needs someone to love in life, and somewhere in this world there is someone for everyone to love and be loved by. I think a lot of people think they don't want love because they are tired of trying or they are tired of being hurt and that's completely understandable. But to me, Life's to short to live it alone without someone to share it with!

9. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I don't think everyone needs love but it is certainly nice to have. It gives me a reason to get up in the morning and do what I know I have to do. It makes me a better person and I'm grateful for it.

10. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe some people can live happy fulfilled lives without having a romantic loving relationship with someone and some of those people choose to live that way. I don't have any judgement towards them. However I do think the majority of people want love in their lives and want to share their lives with someone as they get older.

My aunt dated men throughout her life and it took till she was in her fifties to fall in love with a guy and to being in a married committed relationship with him.

11. Mhin

I would say Love would make you smile everyday you wake up. so Yes, I need one :slight_smile: