1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Detentions at school

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beware Of You, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ That reminds me of a time when a friend of mine stepped on the asphalt parking lot of the school while we were walking back on the sidewalk. The teacher then turned around and said "If you do that one more time, you're going to detention" He did it. And got detention for it.

2. Stripe101

That's something I would do.

3. George

I never got detention in high school, however, I do have a few rule-breaking stories that come to mind.

One time in 9th grade I woke up a few minutes after school had already started. I totally freaked out, and since I only lived a block away from the school I ran there as fast as I could. When I got to the building I walked in casually. I knew where all the cameras were located so I took the long route through the school to my first period class. Everyone was completely preoccupied with what they were doing and they didn't notice me slip in. Attendance hadn't even been done yet, so I never got caught even though I was a solid 15 minutes late. I felt legit. :badgrin:

As for getting caught breaking the rules, it goes way back to elementary school. In Kindergarten every day we had a scheduled "nap time" which comprised of simply laying on a towel on the carpet. It was so uncomfortable that even my 5 year old self could never fall asleep. So this other kid and I would play games of Tic-Tac-Toe with chalk, using the carpet as our paper. It was actually pretty clever I thought - but apparently the teacher disagreed. So I got the kindergarten equivalency of a detention for doing that.

Another story - in second grade I went through a big art phase. One time I was drawing a picture of the Titanic (that was the year the movie came out, I was obsessed :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ). Well the teacher saw me doing that instead of paying attention to her. I told her I was multitasking, but she didn't buy it. So she proceeded to CRUMPLE UP my artwork and tossed it in the TRASH. She then sent me out in the hall. To this day I still resent her for that! :tantrum:

4. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I got them all the time in elementary. Never once in high school~

5. josh9623

only really gotten detention a few times in middle school for not doing my homework, but I have gotten away with a lot of things, an example being a mandatory spirit festival, I got bored and walked home but on the way out every single one of my teachers caught me but didn't do anything because they were leaving too (there was an announcement telling teachers and staff not to leave til the end). Also one of my teachers walked around the corner just as I said something "impolite" about him, he just watched me walk away, and gave me a death stare for a week.

6. Oxelotl

I've sworn in front of teachers, said offensive things (as a joke, but teachers don't hear the context behind it) and even declared some subjects or assignments to be crap, and nothing bad happened. The one time I ever got a detention thought was for not wearing a hat while outside, which is in the school rules...did I mention that I wasn't wearing the hat while under a roof. I was under...a fucking roof. And I got a detention. For not wearing a hat. Under a roof.

7. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've gotten detentions for laughing. :lol: My teachers almost always like me, but I tend to be a little distracting in classes once I've mastered the topic, which is not very good of me.

8. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never gotten detention. I'm a good kid :3

9. Hexagon

I didn't get detention. I wasn't good, but I was smart.

10. ScatteredEarth

Apparently I'm just your typical hellraiser.. While I never really got Detention (Mainly because I kept skipping them) I got sent to alot of ISS (In School Suspension) Which is basically just sitting in a room all day doing work. I had skipped a few days that I was supposed to do ISS and came back on the last day..

They detained me on the last day of 8th grade.. Boy was I pissed :3 That's okay though because when they were out of the room, I pissed in the corner and nobody found out until I left xD (I used to be terrible in school :3)

11. Islander

My school was relatively laid back, and I think because I was generally well-behaved and had top grades I got away with a lot of stuff. Also I was one of those annoying people who was good at getting out of trouble. I'd always be able to make up a really good excuse when put on the spot, so I could get away with skipping a lesson, not doing homework etc. Plus the teachers generally liked me.

The only time I was personally given a detention was in year 7, when one of the PE teachers thought that I was about to walk into a building whilst wearing my PE shoes, which was not allowed. I argued and said that I was going to take them off at the door so that I wouldn't have to walk from the field to the changing room in my socks, but she gave me detention anyway. I went to the detention, but she never showed up!

12. lukeluvznicki13

I haven't gotten detention but apparently the boredom is what kills people lol.

13. Grrrr331

I've never got detentions because I guess I just stay low and being all quiet and doing my word :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I wonder how it feels like though.

14. 2112

I forgot a pencil once. Another time I was 10 seconds late. I'm such a badass :lol:

:roflmao:

#54 2112, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  15. Allie23

Allie23 Guest

I punched a boy in the eye for making fun of my glasses. My parents high-fived me for that one :grin:

16. bubblesh204

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My freshman English teacher was also the football coach and one day he was talking about how he taught his players respect and I told him that he apparently didn't know what respect meant considering that one of his players had kicked my clarinet at the last football game and I had to get $100 of repairs done to it. He sent me to the principles office and I got three after school detentions for it.

One of the math teachers gave pushups and laps for not labeling stuff or going out to the right decimal place. I ended the school year with 950 pushups and 58 laps...

I also got a few other detentions for wearing a tank top after school, forgetting to get a report card signed, and politely correcting the geometry teacher when he made an error.

17. GayJay

A variety of things, in primary school and year 7
    but my personal favorite was 'detention for not attending detention' That was the last detention i ever got, because after having a hour one every day and not turning up to any i started getting suspended all the time instead :')

18. Abbra

I only got detention in middle school. Earlier that year, our district had a gun scare. Some kid from another school went into the high school with a gun, so it was required that we wore ID tags at all times. I forgot my ID tag, so I had to go in at lunch and do homework.

19. ScatteredEarth

Those assholes had it comin >.< Holdin me in ISS on the last god damn day of school.. On my last year >.<

20. FloatingPiano

I got detention in a few times for being late to class. I also almost got suspended in middle school for dumping food on a girl who was bullying me. I didn't though because I made a pretty convincing "accidental trip" while dropping the food. No one could prove it wasn't an accident. :wink: Glad she got what she deserved and I got away with it haha. Bitches gots to learn. XD