1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News What Happened When My Son Wore A Pink Headband To Walmart

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by That1Guy, Aug 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He touched a child. That's why.

2. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah, on the head and not violently. I'm not condoning his actions nor saying he should've that but it's hardly an atrocity.

3. InsanityIsAwake

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My friend shared this article, sadly the other liked was a guy with whom I have a bad history, so I became depressed Immediatly.

4. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The atrocity wasn't that he touched a child. The atrocity was that he assumed so many things of the child including:

1. The child would be gay
    2. The child would be cisgender
    3. The child would thank him
    4. The child would like the situation
    5. The child has views that match his own.

Not only that, but he also used many anti-gay slurs in a transphobic manner. Nobody should ever do that to anybody at any age. My guess is that this event might have traumatized the kid. It's possible that he didn't because he's 2 years old. But it definitely caused a shake in his mother, which he's now going to see something in her because of this.

5. SecretlyASloth

I would have yelled so much that all the booze would cause him a massive headache. It's because of people like him that I am sad for the human race. I really am.
    I hate the fact that nowadays that certain behaviors are shown to be okay and even encouraged such as hate agenda and "being a man".

6. Convoy

It's a lot better than a $20 paycheck; That's all I really made last month, there are worse jobs :/.

But last time I was working at one there was actually a guy who started hitting his child on the other side of the store and a customer called the cops. Before you say why didn't we jump in, there were people and liability reasons; only those designated can jump in or it will cost you a lawsuit ($2000 or something around there). We actually have to call a hot line to call corporate to call management to call the people in the store; talk about redundancy.

Anyways yeah; I'm not really surprised, homophobia/Transphobia/etc is rampant throughout the US and you will get some bad reactions depending on where you are, and who is there. Hopefully you don't get shot or shot at because that is a possible reality.

Why didn't the mother react? Well fear, naturally there's this big guy in a threatening situation and no immediate help; whose to say that situation could have gone a lot worse? It's difficult to handle things; noticeably those you don't expect.

7. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm quite aware of what he did wrong. My confusion was as to why so many people seemed so shocked and surprised. The most progressive societies in the world are still far from free of intolerance.

8. theMaverick

If anyone EVER touches my kid, or my nephews, or my baby cousins; in a store and they aren't someone I know, I'll tear their fucking head off. They would regret the day they decided to cross paths with me. If they went off and called my kid any kind of name, well I'm gonna need a good lawyer because I'd kill the stupid bastard. I don't give a flying shit if this man just touched him on the head, the man clearly violated their space, touched her child, took off the headband he wanted, and then verbally assaulted them. The only thing this mother did wrong was that she did not call the police immediately.

9. misunfortunate

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This is so unbelievable, and makes me so angry and upset. That ignorant man is lucky I wasn't there because I would have gone bat shit on him. UGH.

10. 1Jake2

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm literally fuming out of my ears right now. It is never ok to touch anyone! Be 78 or 2, it's never alright. My heart goes out to the family. I just really can't contain my outrage. It's completely horrendous and I feel like finding that man and harassing him! But 1st, I'd be stooping to his level and 2nd, I can't actually find him :/

11. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, most people that aren't LGBT are apalled that someone would go up and hit a someone else's 2-year-old. Taking aside the fact that it's abuse, it's also downright rude.

The man also seemed very hateful and was easily willing to go there and cross more lines than Bill O'Reilly.

12. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I guess... I'm becoming more desensitized to this kind of stuff though. That's probably a bad thing, but I haven't lost any of my passion for LGBT (and other) rights at all, I just don't get so enraged when I hear about blatant discrimination cases like this as it happens so often and I don't think that's productive. I'm sure it helps some people to let it out through anger but that doesn't work for me personally.

13. I'm really impulsive and I wouldn't be able to control myself I would punch that retard right in the face. And forgive for using the word retard, just.... uggh AGGGGH!! I read the Russian whippy news and now this??? Ignorance and discrimination REALLY SET ME OFF!! ÒoÓ srry.... i have to calm down. -.-

14. Infuriating not only what the man did, but how nobody helped the poor woman!

15. ANightDude

If it interests anyone...
    Mommy Blogger Of Pink Headband Fame Hospitalized For Mental Evaluation / Queerty

16. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hm... While it may be true she's fabricating the story, it could be a case of "Boy who Cried Wolf" where she lied before, and this was a time that actually happened.

What really scares me is that people that are calling her out aren't doing it for proof because of her background. They simply think that things like this don't happen, when in reality, they do. Just because you haven't seen it yourself yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I haven't seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa despite thousands of pictures and parodies. Does that mean I can't believe it exists? Fuck no. I've seen many pictures of this planet that are taken from outer space. Does that mean I can't believe those pictures? No. Fuck no. I walk and breathe on the same planet. So why say that boys don't have "you can't wear a pink headband" and girls have never had "Spiderman's a boy" when the case has happened on both sides? Remember Kindergarten? Your friends said it ALL the time. "Powerpuff girls is fer GIIIIIRRRLLLS. EEEEEEWWWW" or "Aliens? Those are Yucky gross boy things. I'm gonna stay away from those. EEEEWWWWW!!!"

People still act that way.

BTW the actual person is Kathleen Carpenter. So there is some merit to people asking for proof, but their reason for asking for proof wasn't a good reason.

17. NEWFrontiers22

:confused: I don't know, I agree that he was way out of line touching and verbally judging someone else’s child. Yet, if indeed he suffered from a similar experience, he may just be trying to protect him in a sense. Although, it's not his place or right, it probably touched something deep inside him, to where he felt like he had to do or say something. If he did not have an experience like that, then he's just being a bigoted asshole! :***:

18. Mohammad

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You're not protecting anyone when you slap a child and enforce him into a bigoted caricature for the rest of his life. Who cares what the shit was thinking when he hit the kid? - he's an asshole either way.

Though this recent news seems to imply that this incident never happened.

19. sguyc

Turns out the woman lied. Thanks lady for promoting the cause....

20. djone12

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    i might be 13 and gay but im frum small town tn where i alwas have a knife i lerned that if that hapend to my 2 year old nephew i wald of put a hundred smal cuts on him till he pased out and leve him thar to feal the pain whan h waks up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.