1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How's your gaydar?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lindsey23, Jul 29, 2013.

1. ScatteredEarth

lol Metrosexuals.

I fall under the category of "Manly" Bisexual man xD I don't find the whole flamboyance thing attractive.

2. rose94

Mine is okay I guess. I've had more 'hits' than 'misses' but annoyingly (sorry, but it is) I've had more luck with gay men than lesbians. It's really frustrating because I can get my gay friends interested in someone (eg. "hey, I think he's gay, go say hi" and I've been right) but finding myself a girlfriend seems impossible!

3. fluffyhandcuff

I don't think such things as "gaydars" exist.

4. Jordz

I can only tell they are gay if it is pretty obvious, other than that not great at all

5. Britishskittles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Theres judying people using sterotypes which I don't count as gayda but assumtions but than theres looking at things like mannerisms which in women would be walking with hands in pockets , the way the sit , not talking about men and avoiding talking about them , keeping longer eye contact , going bright red and embarrassed around a girl they like ect which can indicate sexuality

6. Wells

Wells Guest

Im young. My gaydar is existent and being modified every moment. Right now, it can only sniff out stereotypical gays (not every guy who does dance and likes Glee) and those a bit under it.

7. ScatteredEarth

That's basically everyone. It won't evolve much past that unfortunately. Trust me :c

8. Lindsey23

Ha ha ha, I love this. We all need a secret signal that alerts us to each others presence. Something the straights don't know about!

I am certain that gaydar exists but it sounds like it is the result of very good observational skills. Several people said it's in the eyes. One time I smiled at a girl and she winked at me. I didn't realize until after she winked that I had been staring at her. :icon_redf But it makes sense that you will take more than a passing glance at someone you find attractive. And people who are looking for it will notice who/what you are looking at.

I also have a gay friend who was able to spot a very closeted gay man and the two of them started dating. Some people are just really good at this.

I appreciate all the responses.

9. Night

Night Guest

Why the fuck does that matter and how does that contribute at all to discussion about gaydars?

10. LinkLarkin

It matters because this is a forum for sharing opinions and it's relevant because flamboyant men are more easy to detect...

11. enigmeow

I gaydar has always been terrible. Turns out my roommate in college was gay and hot for me... Missed that. My best friend at my first job.. gay and hot for me.. missed that..

heck, I just found out that basically every single friend I had in high school and college has since come out.. No clue..

truly pathetic... :slight_smile:

12. My gaydar has spotty reception.

13. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Where's the Electrician, I need it mended Lol Oh I think that Electrician is Gay, maybe it's getting better :slight_smile:

14. rainbowlover

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    mine needs couple tweeks lol

15. Valerie

Valerie Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well.. I'd have to ask my friend if he is gay to know if my gaydar works haha :roflmao:

16. Maea96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only gay people I know of, are the ones who have come out. I don't know if I'm the only gay around my circle of friends, or anyone else at school, but I'm not picking up anything.

It may not've been activated to begin with, or I may not have met someone yet, besides the obvious ones.

17. leer

Ive lost the instruction manual

18. dudeman78

dudeman78 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
  19. hereliesfreedom

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So far all the girls I thought were bi or lesbian were right. Guys not so much

20. JoshuaLovely

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I imagine that there are several hundred gay people around where I live and I've never caught them on my radar. But, there are a certain few that are different. They don't have to act gay at all. I'm trying to say this with the straightest face, but I think for me it requires eye contact. I'm trying to avoid the cliché window to the soul thing, though I do believe it. But sometimes I can just look into a guys eyes for only a fraction of a second and I know. Maybe its just the way he looks back into mine, maybe I'm a soul reader ; ) If I had to guess there has been some body language that was imperceptible to me but not my subconscious. I think when you truly want someone to know, deep down, you'll find a way to let them. Which is scary for me to think about because I wonder how many people have discovered me the same way.