When did you guys found out you were LGBT?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by thatoneguy81, Jul 25, 2013.

1. thatoneguy81

I am just curious to hear everyone's age when they actually knew that they were. I myself just confirmed myself being gay last year when I was 13. A lot of people say they found out when they were 12 or 13, my age, but others said they knew when they were really young like 4 to 7 years old. I'm really curious so post below! :icon_bigg

2. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I knew I was different from conception, in all ways. But I only came to terms with it last year.

3. Hexagon

4. MrBrightside

When i was watching the mens diving at the Beijing olympics... So i was 14 almost 15 at tht time.

5. timo

Had a period of questioning at 15 or 16 but I didn't know for sure until I was 20. I'm quite a late bloomer.

#5 timo, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  6. evora

From around age 7 I knew I was supposed to be interested in boys but I wasn't so I always had to have a made up crush in case someone asked who I liked.
    Some girls called me a lesbian when I was 11-12 and that's when it first occurred to me I might be gay but I still couldn't believe it until I was about 14-15, when I thought I was bisexual because I liked girls. But then forgot about it until I was 20 when I suddenly realized I was a lesbian and not bisexual or straight, at all.

7. LinkLarkin

I think I knew I liked boys when I was really young, maybe 4 or 5. But I thought nothing of it until I was 12 when I realised that I REALLY liked boys. So then I went into denial for a while until I was 15ish when it was impossible to deny my feelings anymore, so I started trying to convince myself I was bisexual. I carried on with that even though it was obviously a losing battle until I was 19, then I decided not only to accept my sexuality but also to work towards becoming comfortable enough to finally tell others about it :slight_smile:

8. lukeluvznicki13

In the past year I have been unsure because I felt attracted to a guy in my class and 2 months ago, I truly realised that I am attracted to guys and girls so therefore I am Bi.

9. Hrantou

When I had a crush on Ash from the first pokemon series. No joke, when I was little I had a crush on ash from pokemon and ever since that point I knew I liked guys.

10. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Knew I liked girls since I was ten. Had crushes on female classmates, constantly fantasized about kissing them which freaked me out at the time because I was supposed to be a girl and as far as I knew, girls weren't supposed to love girls.

Figured out I was trans* a few months ago. Considering I spent my whole life being jealous of my brother because he 'got to be a boy' and I felt forced into my assigned gender, I don't know how it didn't occur to me sooner. :wink:

11. leer

known I was different 8-9 but I was 12 when I realized I was deff Gay.

12. Holly

Oh god. I probably started questioning when I was 13/14? Although I didn't fully accept myself as gay until I was far into 15. I've had about a year of full acceptance that I was LGBT, I just had to work out where I was on spectrum :slight_smile: I came out to one person when I was 14, when I was super confused, and have come out to all my friends aged 16. (Finally came out to my last two friends last Friday) :slight_smile:

13. Sabinian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had my first inkling when I was 11 or 12 (it was in 6th grade science class). However, I've spent ten years trying to convince myself otherwise. Even after I became convinced that I was gay I thought it was a better idea to ignore it and date a girl anyway. It took me until this April to break that off and come out of the closet.

Man do I feel better!

14. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i suppose I've always known, started thinkin about it when i was 11 and then about a year and a half ago it hit me, i was like welllll.....shit....

15. fluffyhandcuff

About a year ago or so? But I wasn't labeling myself back then, did that just a few months ago.

16. JakeFromNarnia

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is embarrassing, but it was when I first started crushing on my church's guitar player. It was ALL downhill from there.

17. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hmmm....5th grade. Had a serious case of denial from that point on.

18. George

I've known since I was 13 that I want to live with a guy for the rest of my life. However, if someone asked if I was gay I would have been quick to say no - and I truly meant that too - my own denial was pretty strong. It took many years of "inappropriate" friendships (as my dad now calls them) before I started to actively acknowledge my strong attractions towards guys. Only two months ago did I finally accept it completely after developing a huge crush on one of my friends. At that point there was simply no denying it anymore, so since then I have come to accept it and have started the coming out process.

#18 George, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  19. IntoTheDeep

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Around age 15 is when I started to realize I wasn't 100% straight, but it was just a few months ago that I finally realized I'm actually gay. I really don't know why it took me so long to realize it though because looking back there were SO MANY signs.

20. LelliLou

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ive know for years. since i was in high school