1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doctor Who Fans??

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Kamina, Jun 26, 2013.

1. biggayguy

I just finished watching all the episodes with the ninth doctor on Netflix. Looking forward to more tomorrow.

2. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Ah, yes. Favourite doctor will always be nine, but closely followed by ten. [I've got a bit of a crush on Tennant, but who doesn't.]

I've only watched a couple of the originals, mum swears by them but I haven't seen 'em all yet. Planning on it.

3. KnightAssassin

That episode just now... so amazing!!!!!!

4. Fiddledeedee

I liked it very much. I wouldn't watch it a hundred times over and I'll probably spot plot holes later, but for now I think it was clever, humorous, and touching. And they did manage to involve the classic doctors a bit. (I don't think that's a spoiler in itself.)

5. Siarad

Just back from seeing it in 3D at the cinema - great atmosphere and loads of people dressed up (rare for Britain). I loved it - great to see Tennant back and I love John Hurt too.

And 'Clara' in 3D was definitely a treat too

6. kem

kem

Lovely episode, I was glad to see Tennant again. :slight_smile: And Billie Piper, who really grew on me.

7. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Grand episode. Also looking forward to the Christmas special.

8. Mrtambourineman

Moffat is a poor writer, Smith is a poor actor. One of the worst Doctors. The episode was too complicated and they tried to stuff too much into it.Apart from that ,though, I thought it was pretty good. Loved Tennant and the Baker bit at the end was awesome!

9. 2112

I don't usually like Moffat and I'm not a big fan of Matt Smith either, but I thought it was great.
    My only complaint is that at the end of The Name of the Doctor they were inside his time stream and at the beginning of The Day of the Doctor she's a teacher, with no explanation of how they're alive. I also wish Tom Baker didn't tell us he was going to be in it so would have been more surprising.

The part with Peter Capaldi was cool, and I'm glad they finally showed regeneration into 9. I hope they have Time Lords and Gallifrey in future episodes, and I also hope they didn't just kill off all the Daleks.

10. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Hurt was the very first doctor, not the one before 9, so unless I missed a part of the episode they didn't show the regeneration into 9.
    I do agree though that a bit of a transition between Name and Day of the Doctor would have been nice.

11. Hysteria

Hurt was the doctor between 8 and 9. He also began regenerating at the end of the episode when he was in his TARDIS.

12. Fiddledeedee

Eh? He clearly references previous incarnations (which earned the title of "doctor" whilst he didn't).

13. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Where does he do this? He says he's not worthy of the title, but in one of Tennants episodes he mentions he called himself the Doctor where the Master called himself the Master, when they were children.

---------- Post added 24th Nov 2013 at 03:46 PM ----------

Can't seem to find any definitive answer to this question.

---------- Post added 24th Nov 2013 at 03:53 PM ----------

*Edit. Seems you guys were right:
    Doctor Who: Is John Hurt the ninth Doctor?

14. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I forgot to reply to this thread because my family was throwing a party for the 50th Anniversary....

15. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Watched it, didn't have a clue what was going (I don't usually watch Doctor Who) but

I saw Malcolm Tucker at the controls of a Tardis.

So I'm happy

16. GirlWhoWaited

I liked it. The ending was nice. The thing that bugged me, although unimportant, was
    Ten never even saw "Rose". I was hoping for some interaction there.

17. Oxelotl

For all the people who are debating on John Hurt's placement, this short should clear it up (Basically he's between 8 and 9)
    The Night of the Doctor: A Mini Episode - Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor Prequel - BBC - YouTube

SPOILERS

Anyway, I loved the episode. I did a little cheer when Capaldi appeared on screen, and when there were 13 Tardises Flying across the screen. Amazing stuff and some really impressive effects as well. Although I honestly cannot figure out why Rose was the conscience. It honestly feels like they just threw her in because why not.

END SPOILERS

18. 2112

I think he'll be great as the 12th Doctor, can't wait for season 8. :icon_bigg

19. PookaciousOne

I loved it especially the last scene with Matt and the museum curator. That voice. I will miss Matt so much. Very much my favorite Doctor.I was really worried that the show was going to take a really dark turn but after seeing the 50th I'm so hoping the 12th Doctor is fun

20. 2112

It was already dark, especially compared to the classic series. The way Matt Smith played the Doctor, he was weird and fun, but very dark at the same time. He was perfect for the part, there's just something about him that I don't like. But that could just be because Moffat isn't very good at writing characters (IMO).