1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transgender Q&A

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hexagon, Jun 16, 2013.

1. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

All my legal documents still say "M" (where I live you can only get that changed after SRS, grr) but yeah, I am going to get a legal name change soon and after that I will just put down female on anything non-government related, like job applications and things.

This is what most transpeople I know who live in states that require some type of surgery before a legal gender change is allowed. I know a transman and he said he always puts down male even though his driver's license says "F" and he has never been questioned about it, cuz people are too lazy to pay that much attention to the gender on a license.

SSN cards have no space for gender.

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does anyone know what the laws are in Pennsylvania to get legal information changed or does it vary from county to county? I'd love to get my name changed around my birthday (November).

3. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  5. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

@Daydreamer,

Ohh, way over there, and heeey, The Office.

6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha. We got a nice stand in one of our malls dedicated to the show. Coffee mugs and bobble head dolls and knick knacks like that.

7. King

King Guest

I have a question!

It seems that most trans* folk are straight, in that as their birth sex they would be homosexual. Do any of you feel as though it's appropriate that your sex/gender and orientation line up?

Maybe I'm not wording that properly. I don't know how to word it properly, I don't want to word something badly and offend anyone.

Like, say I was MTF, as a male now I'm gay. But as a female, I'd be straight.

Does anyone feel like it's only natural that your sexual orientation is 'straight' with your real sex/gender?

Sorry if that doesn't make sense...

8. girlunwound

Not sure where you get the idea that most trans people are straight. I know a lot of MtF lesbians.

I personally had never entertained the idea of being with a guy before I transitioned. I sorta gave it a go after transition but it wasn't really my choice, as I thought I was partnering with another trans woman. My attraction is 99.99% strictly to other women and always has been.

9. King

King Guest

I've actually never met any MtF lesbians and even on EC it doesn't seem to be common...

Maybe I'm wrong. By all means, ignore me then. :slight_smile:

10. Exoskeleton

I think you're expressing a very common misconception that ties into the false belief that being straight is natural/normal.

Statistically speaking, there are more straight people than gay people. So it stands to reason that within the subgroup of trans* people, more of them will be straight than gay. However, this has nothing to do with how natural it is and everything to do with how common it is.

Being trans* isn't an attempt to "fix" being gay (which I don't think you were implying, really, so don't get offended). And I don't think sexuality and gender identity are related.

11. Sarcastic Luck

As I am now, I'm straight, but if I choose to transition I'd be a gay guy.

12. King

King Guest

I definitely wasn't suggesting that! And alright, thanks.

Well then apparently I was way off. Sorry!

13. Exoskeleton

Figured you weren't. I just included it in case somebody else was thinking that. :slight_smile:

14. Hexagon

Well, I'm not straight.

As far as I know, the stats for the orientations of trans people are 30% gay, 50% straight. Or something like that. There are a lot of non-heterosexuals in my trans group.

15. girlunwound

This is true, however, your gender is in the SS database and when you apply for a job you can get flagged and end up not getting hired if your gender doesn't match what SS spits out of the database.

---------- Post added 18th Jun 2013 at 07:25 AM ----------

Well, I am one (even though I'm married to a guy -- when I married him he was technically she) and I am aware of many more.

#75 girlunwound, Jun 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  16. Just Jess

Uh hello!

So by the numbers, I guess they did a study at the U of M in 2008. 38% bisexual, 35% attracted to women, and 27% attracted to men. That's for us ladies.

For the fellas, unfortunately the most recent study I could find was in 1993, and the language flat out SUCKS. Mostly they get the kinsey scale backward. So beware reading it, but I got reported scores of 45% attracted to women, 47% attracted to both men and women, and 8% attracted to men. There were a lot of problems with the study and the questions, and a HUGE spike of reported/actual kinsey 2/4, which means that a lot more people could have been attracted primarily to men. If you count that group in with the rest of the gay men, the numbers look like 45%, 21%, and 34%, gals, both, and guys, which I find a little more believable personally.

---------- Post added 18th Jun 2013 at 03:48 AM ----------

And so you don't have to ever read that pdf and put up with the language, and so I can fix the kinsey scale, 0 means attracted to women and 6 attracted to men, they go off fantasy and not experimentation,

Kinsey 0: 13
    Kinsey 1: 4
    Kinsey 2: 4
    Kinsey 3: 4
    Kinsey 4: 10
    Kinsey 5: 0
    Kinsey 6: 3

17. Reptillian

Let's assume that a cis-crossdresser, cis-by-default person who enjoys fantasizing about being the opposite sex and dresses like the opposite sex, a effeminate man enters a room where you're sitting at and have a seat near you. What's the first thing you'd be thinking about? How do you thunk the convo will go?

18. girlunwound

Ummmm.. What?

19. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To be honest I sometimes fantasize that i'm a woman when i'm masturbating, and it's really good when I'm in the mood for it, but I don't understand transgenderism one bit. (??) Not that I don't love you guys. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I like being a man and not having boobs or vagina. what is it (and give as many answers as you can) that makes people come to the realization that they're not really a man, or not really a woman, and is it more than a sexual thing?

What do you think about when you see your original body (be specific, pls)? and what's your familial history? Is it just the way you were born (like hermaphrodites) or is it 'dysphoria' in the sense of feeling inadequacy or emotional pain and you simply want to change because you want to feel like you're going to please other people?

I just want to come to a full understanding. ^_^'

#79 Shadowsettler, Jun 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  20. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have a question.. why are so many lesbians transphobic? I read somewhere about a woman literally shaming a transgendered FTM for turning his back on womanhood. It's so disgusting. I've seen so many appalling words thrown around by lesbians, it makes me sick. It makes me feel ashamed to be a woman and a bisexual female. I actually think that feminism in many cases destroys more than it tries to equal.