1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transgender Q&A

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hexagon, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Exoskeleton

A lot of self reflection and soul searching.

For me, the moment that things finally "clicked" and I understood that I am indeed a male is the moment when I realized that I don't have to prove that I am one. Ever since I can remember my mental image of myself has been male. I feel uncomfortable as female and comfortable as male. That's enough for me.

I want these breasts gone and want a penis.

Removing the breasts are both more important (because they insert themselves into my awareness a lot more) and more realistic (considering current surgical options) than getting a penis.

2. RavenNight16

Out Status:
    A few people
    Exoskeleton,

Thank you for your reply. That honestly helps me quite a bit. At least I know I'm approaching my situation from a good angle.

3. Aldrick

Woah! Let's back this discussion up.

How *do* orgasms feel as a female as compared to a male? Has anyone who has gone FTM experienced a difference in their orgasms?

Seriously, girlunwound you're going to make me jealous and make me wonder what I'm missing. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Just Jess

So PG-13, and I usually skip step 1 because it makes me feel lousy (honestly it feels really weird saying this because I don't like talking about "the darn thing" but it's usually flaccid and tucked away through the whole process), but here is a link:

How To Externally Stimulate Prostate | Made Manual

In a nutshell, there is a way for male bodied people to simulate sex the way a girl has it.

It's probably also good for you to know in case you or your partner doesn't like to be penetrated anally :wink:

5. Hexagon

Not really. There are two surgeries, metoidoplasty, which releases the enlarge clitoris, into a fully functioning penis, or there is phalloplasty, which is full size, but requires erectile implants. (I have wondered why they don't stick the phalloplasty onto the metiodoplasty penis, but I suppose I'm not a surgeon).

My orgasms got WAY better. However, I might not be representative of all trans guys.

I did some research into the matter. There wasn't anything about trans guys that I found useful, but I took some information of both genders and tried to figure out which parts of which applied to me.

Women experience multiple, and longer orgasms. Men usually don't because they do so by ejaculation, which I suppose they can't do constantly. Trans men still don't ejaculate, so we can still experience multiple and longer orgasms, and we have the benefit of the enlarged more sensitive clitoris and as well. (I may be wrong, I'm no expert, but the theory seems to line up with my own experiences)

6. girlunwound

Hmmmm. Um, well... This isn't what I meant at all, but OK :icon_bigg

As I said earlier, everyone's experience is different, although this one topic seems to be fairly universal.

---------- Post added 17th Jun 2013 at 06:45 AM ----------

Pretty much right on, as far as my own experience. It's a totally different orgasm, not based on ejaculation but one that encompasses the entire body. Hard to describe, really, but that's the best I can do.

7. GayJay

Well it's never really gonna be fully functioning. Because it will never produce sperm and seen as that is the point of them, no
    Its can be fully(well averaged) sized though.
    if you choose to get a phalloplasty, skin will be taken from your arm and made into a penis shape, your urethra directed so you can pee out of it and the remaining skin from the 'old' area made into testes. One of which won't be real so that the guy can use it to 'pump' himself up if he wants an erection
    It all done over the course of about a year and a half and about 4 operations, well it is in the UK anyway, America and other places may be different

Sorry it was so graphic,didn't know how else to explain it

8. Hexagon

Perhaps transpeople in general just have better orgasms. :slight_smile:

9. Hexagon

I actually have a question of my own.

I've seen a few people on here list their gender as something non-binary, like genderqueer or genderfluid, and list their orientation as gay or straight. That got me wondering about the orientations of non-binary people.

The obvious solution would be to label one's self as andro/gynephillic. Alternatively, gay could be being attracted to other non-binary people. Could anyone non-binary enlighten me?

10. Naren

I've heard some people will not get surgery, but I personally want everything changed. Everything.

11. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

From my understanding it varies from person to person. Some non-binary people label themselves as gay or straight based on their biology and the biology of those they are attracted. Others, like me, base it on which of the binary genders they identify more closely with. I, for example, am more female than male, so when I'm trying to describe my orientation to cishets, I will often just say gay. I've also heard of the usage you describe. The best thing to do, if you absolutely need to know what a non-binary person means by straight or gay, is to ask them individually what the label means to them.

12. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*) I know the feeling, my friend.

13. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I think the moment I realized I was trans* was just asking myself "Would I actually be happy if I had to be a woman the rest of my life?" The answer was a resounding "Hell no!"

I'm still doubting and questioning myself but being a guy is the most natural conclusion I have for who I am. I realized at one point that my agnonizing and worried questioning about being transgendered almost completley echoed the process I undertook in order to figure out my sexuality. And considering I had accepted my sexuality with ease and it hadn't "just been a phase", I said "what the hell" and let myself, for the first time, consider the possibility that I could be a man.

As far as getting tetosterone goes, there are informed consent clincs where you'll be able to get horomones, so long as you're informed of the possible health risks. Not sure what's in your area, mind, but it's worth looking into.

14. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does anyone have info on T implants? I'm thinking about going that route since I'm a big baby when it comes to needles and I'm probably going to be forgetful with patches, creams or gels.

15. Hexagon

Sorry :frowning2:

When I initially started looking into hormone therapy, I read about the implants, but further investigation only seemed to yield the information that they're rarely offered.

If you're able to get them, thats great, but if not, I know of one testosterone injectable which lasts 10-12 weeks. Could you handle that much? Otherwise, there are probably ways of remembering the gels/creams/patches. I have a daily reminder on my phone. And my doctor has informed me that forgetting a day every so often doesn't have a significant effect on my T levels.

16. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a question. What do you put on gender? Because if it needs to match social security and legal documents and all that and also so they can do a background check. So how do you go about that?

17. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I ponder suicide on a daily basis because I'm trans. Anyone have any advice on how to combat those feelings?

18. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

Well, no great advice, because yeah, suicidal thoughts still haunt me, pretty frequently, if less intense than they were pre-HRT. All I can say is try to keep a clear vision of your dreams and who you want to be and concentrate on making that person a reality and applying all your energy to achieving that goal. Isn't it at least better to try and fail (which you absolutely will NOT, btw) and go down with some fight left in you then to give up without ever knowing what could have been? I mean, I think so.

Like I said, suicidal thoughts are still with me. I won't lie and say that it isn't sometimes....a comfort? I guess you could say to know that I can get going if the going gets too rough. But I can also objectively say if I did that I would be a seriously fucked up bitch, and it would be wrong to me and to the people who care about me.

You are smart, handsome guy, and you are now on the path towards your dreams. Why not just see where this road takes you (*hug*)?

#58 StefaniW, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2013
  19. Hexagon

All my documents are legally male apart from my birth certificate. I will change my birth certificate in a few months time, when I fit the criteria. I have to have formal evidence of having lived as male for two years, and that starts with the date on my change of name document.

Depending on region, there are different provisions for people changing their legal gender.

I've been through phases of both actively wanting (and sometimes planning or attempting) to kill myself over being transgender, and phases of indifference, or casual contemplation of suicide. Kind of a sense of hopelessness, like I feel I'll never make it or something, but not enough to kill myself. I suppose I'm in the causal contemplation phase right now, though until about ten minutes ago, it was passing. Do you identify with either of those states?

The solution to number one is usually to transition, and I'm not sure about the solution to number two. It might have something to do with self esteem, though.

20. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I still struggle with suicidal thoughts, tendencies and ideation on a near daily basis. I was asking my boyfriend if these thoughts will ever go away and he couldn't give me an answer. But I have a feeling they will subside or vanish once I'm able to transition. Until then I guess it's just focusing on my self-esteem with the help of those who accept me.