1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How old were you when you lost your virginity

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by StefaniW, Jun 7, 2013.

?

When did you lose your virginity

1. Under 18 (specify age)

19.1%
  2. 18-30 (specify)

22.8%
  3. Over 30 (specify)

0.7%
  4. Haven't yet

57.4%
  1. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

Agreed. My definition is pretty much the same as yours, but really it's up to the individual to decide. If you feel you've done something that qualifies as losing your virginity, then you can count that, even if you preseved "technical virginity".

2. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^

With those guidelines, it would have been 15 or 16.

3. FreeFlow9917

Still a virgin, and if i do lose it, it has to be ABSOLUTELY SPECIAL

4. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For me it wouldn´t make any difference since it all happened within two weeks (with the same guy... and I´m still with him).

5. Diego89

Haven't yet, fooled around with a guy once but I guess that doesn't count. Hopefully soon!:icon_bigg

6. Bleak

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am also one of these statistics-defying virgins, but that is nothing I lose sleep over :slight_smile:

7. junglejulia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Oh, well thank you! Yes, she is a very sensitive persone and she was extremely hurt by me not contacting her afterwards. I guess I should have, but we ended up sleeping together again, which to was sooo stupid, and she thinks I'm this girl who just sleeps around and never calls back. For me it was just fun playing, and I thought it was the same for her, but then I heard she was hurt by the way I'd acted :frowning2: She is still very hurt, but we spent time at a party this weekend and it felt like she is gradually forgiving me.

I love your hair btw!

8. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

Yes...I recently avoided a close call, with that, myself except I was on the other girls end. I really liked the guy and I nearly did something with him, but I sorta got the feeling for him it was about fun/experimenting with me. I'm glad I backed out, but really, I wouldn't have been mad at him if I did go through with it, because there is no way he could tell what I was looking for, and I think he would have just seen it as messing around. I would have been mad at myself for making the decision to give the milk for free XD

Really I don't think you were to blame. I think it is important to make it clear if you want something more from sex than just something casual, and she obviously didn't with you.

And thanks, lolz.

9. leer

I was 17 & it was with an older guy 28 should have waited I know .

10. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I'm just curious, honestly. I wouldn't be getting in a long-term relationship with a woman, but I think maybe like a one-night stand just to say I've done it would get the job done.

My boyfriend on the other hand, he's as gay as they come. Ever since he first got interested in sex, he's known he liked guys not girls.

11. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I lost mine pretty young, at age 13, though it was with a girl, I was in the 7th grade. She and her family had moved here from Laos, and she was very, well, aggressive. As a Buddhist from an agricultural society, I think she saw it as normal to seek out a boyfriend and sex as soon as one was sexually mature. Looking back at those times we laid out a blanket in the forest, I am reminded of her lack of guilt, vs. my own feelings of being scared. We were always safe, though I'll have to say, I used to pretend I was with one of her brothers, and I felt like I was betraying us both.

I was 18 when I lost my virginity to a male in high-school, right around graduation, and almost by coincidence. A boy I had never really met, but had a crush on, came up and just started talking. We had nothing much in common, other than wanting to experiment, and soon parted as friends, no hard feelings, though it did make me enter a phase where I wondered: would I ever find anyone who was both physically attractive, and that I had broader things in common with?

Eventually, I did.

12. partmin123

partmin123 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Does oral rape count?

13. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was about to say the same thing. If rape counts, then I lost it when I was 9.

14. jargon

19, like a month after my birthday. 18 would've sounded so much cooler...

Though I can also be happy to say I would've lost it sooner if I didn't turn down some offers that I really wouldnt've been happy with.

15. SwirlingOcean

That's what I was wondering too. If so, 15 for me. If not, 17. I always went with NOT. I think it's okay to say you lost your virginity when you were an active consenting participant. Not when it was something done TO you against your will. That's the way I see it anyway.

16. BrokenWings

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  17. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

Agreed. I wouldn't ever count rape as a loss of virginity.

18. BrokenWings

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would. Or at least, it feels that way.

Virginity means having sex. That's basically it, it doesn't include willing participants in the list, or at least, not that I know of.

19. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

But that's just it, if someone is raping you, then you're not really "having sex". Someone is taking it away from you. I dunno. It just feel like it's wrong to define rape as a loss of virginity, and I personally don't. But really, it's up to the individual to define what they consider to be a loss of their virginity, I guess. I just can't see it that way....

---------- Post added 16th Jun 2013 at 03:52 PM ----------

I say this as someone very close to me was raped when she was young, and I don't want to think of it that way. It's not right to her....he took a piece of her, yes, but she didn't give it, and I don't feel like virginity can be taken without a person's consent. It's about giving in to your desires for another person for the first time and surrendering your own innocence, not being brutalized..

#99 StefaniW, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2013
  20. BrokenWings

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Psychologically speaking, it's definitely different.. The feel of rape is a different experience from other sexual acts. But it is sexual. Losing virginity means losing your lack of sexual experience. It feels wrong and just screws you up for the rest of your life. But that's how the dictionary/street slang describe it.

#100 BrokenWings, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2013