1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay men and Emo's?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, May 25, 2013.

1. DelFelidae

I love emo dudes! I usually find myself really attracted to them, but I don't think they look tough or scary(Although I do have a slight goth streak and, no, I'm not a death worshipper!)
    Personal I find sporty, "Jock" type guys to be more frightening... They're the ones which look tough and scary IMO.

2. Spurned

Spurned Guest

*Shudders* I hate the term "Emo" as much as I hate the term "Fag"

Emo is a genre of music. >.<

I also used to get called one constantly for wearing skinny jeans, listening to rock music, having long dark hair (despite bleaching it and dying it red numerous times, my hair just didn't dye) and for "wrist-slitting." Seriously, the shit I got for it just made the "wrist-slitting business" worse.

I hate it when "emo" is described for a person who's like the above. If you're intent on calling them something, call them "Alternatives", like I used to do. Stereotypes may not be bad, but "emos" are seen as awful, just like "chavs" are as well. Better yet, call them people.

#42 Spurned, May 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2013
  3. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

I think they are cute, so long as the peircings don't get out of hand.

4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is tough & angry :slight_smile:

[​IMG]

5. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    At first glance the main emotion I see in that picture (the "emo" one earlier, not Dublin's post lol" is sadness. Not threatening by any means.

#45 awesomeyodais, May 26, 2013
    Last edited: May 26, 2013
  6. Colours

Oh my... you're basically just saying "I'm not judging them, all I'm doing is judge them :O" Please...

7. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Alex, I get that you don't like emo gay guys. Is there any other point to this thread and the database space it's taking up?

8. vhrebels

vhrebels Guest

Wow, I haven't seen an emo person in like 3 or 4 years. And he was really cute. Anyways, is thay subculture still around?

9. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

^ I honestly haven't seen many emos around either. Thought they'd gone extinct until I joined EC, honestly. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. timo

11. Niko

This thread makes me sad. I'm not emo, but I do tend to lean towards a punk style; which in my book is like tight jeans, fun/spikey hair, etc. They're not scary, they're just expressing themselves differently; and being different than the norm is hot.

12. Mrcake

I find this sorta offensive...I think that the 'emo' style is cool. I don't care for the music, but I like how the style is a merging of heavy metal and punk. I don't really care for the eye makeup and stuff, but emo people are nice. Emo is just a term for emotional, so any emo person is just overly emotional - there is nothing wrong with them, just like there is nothing wrong with a person's sexuality.

13. photoguy93

What's emo?

haha. Seriously, though, one of the cool things about getting older (I know, I'm 20...but still..) is that you get to see all the popular things come and go. Is Emo that cool anymore? I haven't seen a true emo person in a long time.

So what if someone doesn't like the emo scene or look? Big deal. I'm not going to bang down your door and arrest you because you have a difference of opinion.

Some of you are offended, but maybe this is just Alex's way of being open? I don't know. If we can have an entertainment section, we shouldn't be getting upset over something as simple as this thread.

14. SamAlex728

15. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Grouping emos, goths, and death worshipers together is like saying camp gay men, cross dressers, and trans women are all the same thing. Admittedly, I couldn't tell the difference at twelve years old and only knew that they were similar in some ways, but also fit in distinct categories.

16. timo

17. Alexander69

"The piont to this thread" people was to see what is attractive about Emos. As people can obviously now see a majority of gay men like Emos so, the question AGAIN in why? What is it about them? A sense of toughness that you are attracted to? Why other than "tight pants" why do you like about them as I've been told multiple times its hot about "the outside" so what is it about the inside you like!? Attitude? What? If we are not talking style now

18. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Cuz they're cute.

What is it you like about guys on Jersey Shore? I certainly can't understand what could possibly be attractive about them. Since apparently people have to justify their attractions to you...

19. There are things you just won't ever get. I personally can't stand Radiohead, I do not go to Radiohead fans and say "What is it about them? Why are they great?" I just recognize "Oh this thing is not for me." and move on.

It saves everyone a lot of headaches.

20. timo

And that's all you need to know about it. Attraction is something very subjective.