1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who Else DOESN'T Drink?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BoiGeorge, Apr 15, 2013.

1. hiddenxrainbows

I don't drink either. I've tasted a beer before, but only tasted. I've never gotten drunk, and don't plan to. But I don't do anything else either, not even smoke cigs. I just don't see what the big deal about that stuff is anyway. I know not all people that drink are like this, but all the ones I've ever been around act completely stupid when they get drunk. And because of the few idiots that I've been unfortunate to be around, I can't stand alcohol and merely find it annoying. I don't need to get drunk or high or anything like that to have a good time anyway.

2. Yui

Yui

I don't drink as well :slight_smile: Don't like the taste of it and see no benefit, so why should I?

Don't care if others do, pretty much all of my friends drink, as long as they respect my decision I respect theirs :slight_smile: Only thing I hate is when people try to talk me into it - for hours on end...sooo annoying, especially when that person is already rather drunk. Even if you'll ask me 20 times, the answer will be no every single time - is it that hard to understand? :bang:

Here!!! :smilewave We need a cool thread to spent our time while our friends are out getting wasted :grin:

3. burg

I used to drink a little.maybe I got unlucky but after having 2 friends die one bashed by a drunk the other drunk drove.i gave up drinking along with most of my old drinking friends(which made it easy).I don't mind people at all who drink and keep in control. but when people drink and other people pay the price (anger probs. driving) I keep as far away from them as possible .

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I drink fairly seldom. I can't recall the last time I had one. I know I had a couple at a huge party in February, and I know I've had at least one since then, but can't recall when. With a memory like that, it's probably just as well I don't drink more. :slight_smile: I'm meeting some friends at a Japanese restaurant, and since it's another lousy snowy night, I think I'll have some hot sake.

Lex

5. Mysz

HUGE problem with underage drinking. 6th graders drink because it's labeled cool. Lots of patients admitted to the hospital to get their stomachs pumped, and also a sad number sent to the morgue. :icon_sad:
    Personally I don't drink, and won't when it's legal for me to do so.

6. Jonathan

Pretty much this ^
    Personally, I drink (primarily rum or vodka when I do) but I respect other people's decisions if they do not want to. However, at the same time I think that some people seem to over-exaggerate the negative hype of alcohol. Like a great deal of other things, alcohol is fine when used in moderation. And like Kidd mentioned, if your drinks taste like gasoline, then whoever made your drink has no idea what they're doing lol.

Oh, and as for beer tasting awful...it completely does. Beer sucks :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Mhmmm I wish I could say no to this, but I love alcohol too much to do that. All of the most joyful moments in my life have been at parties where everyone is so drunk they cant stand up with music so loud you can barely hear each other, just so much fun for me. I can of course understand that it's not for everyone though.

I always have positive reactions on alcohol. I have however had a few negative incidents, but they always take place after a positive span, and are pretty rare. So that's another reason I love alcohol; I'm the happy, giggly, up-for-anything drunk. The endorphin surges and ability to let go of everything negative for the night can just be overwhelmingly awesome.

So, as you can imagine I have nothing against alcohol. The only times I disprove of it, is when people are using it because they think it's cool, that's just pathetic I think. Destroying your organs and (albeit only small amounts of) brain cells is far from cool. But, that's the consequences of getting wrecked :3

All the best.

8. PantiePirate

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I absolutely DO NOT drink, smoke, or use drugs and I never plan to. I'm an avid believer in the so called "straight edge" lifestyle. Drinking and things of that nature do absolutely nothing positive for a person (with the exception of one glass of wine per day helping your heart or whatever). All it does is harm you internally, cause people to die in car accidents and other results of intoxicated behavior, and make you look like an absolute idiot. I look down upon people who do any of it to be honest. It's pathetic and useless. If someone is dependent on a substance, or needs it to have fun, that's sad. I can't help it. It's ignorant and useless. I won't date anyone who does any of it either. So don't worry you're not alone! c:

9. kylo

I don't drink. Or smoke, do drugs, etc for that matter. A lot of people have tried to pressure me into doing it for years, but I refuse. And I can't stand it when people say " I drink to have fun " like that is so stupid. You can have plenty of fun sober! :icon_bigg

10. My Mum tried to persuade me to get a fake ID so I could go out and get drunk at 16, but I wasn't really interested. I drink what tastes nice (Strongbow and Blackthorn mainly) but I've never been drunk. My friends often buy me drunks when we go out but still, never drunk.

I'm not against alcohol; I just have better things to do. My friends aren't aware that I've never been drunk; I'm capable of having fun and being lary without it.

---------- Post added 18th Apr 2013 at 06:43 PM ----------

I think it's stupid being against anything. Just take things as they come, and if you don't like it, don't do it again. It doesn't mean you have to go out of your way to get drugs or alcohol; just enjoy it if it's there.

---------- Post added 18th Apr 2013 at 07:02 PM ----------

Dunno why you think we have a drinking problem. We're tough people; we learn how to handle drink early on so we deal with it better as adults. No-one parties as hard as us - just look at WHP. I'm proud of it.

11. MetalAngel89

MetalAngel89 Guest

Eh, if this counts, I used to drink a lot, so much that I got to the point where it just didn't sound good or fun anymore. So I don't.

12. Bolin

I drink very little, and when I do, it's usually just a small, fruity mixed drink or a glass of wine.

13. SomebodyElse

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't drink :sunglasses: and I don't understand why people are so shocked by it :beer: I'm sure some of them'd be more understanding if I told them I was gay :lol:

14. Phantosmiac

Hi, haven't been on in a while. I don't drink. I want to say on my death bed that I never drank or did any sort of drugs, and ask how many of the people around my bed can say that.

15. I'm only 14 but I don't particularly like alcohol. I've been drunk twice because a lot of my family are heavy drinkers. I know the impacts of alcohol and I don't particularly like it. I know that people can get violent and bad things happen. Of course, that makes my opinion on it a negative one.

Saying that, I will probably drink in the future but only on occasions. I'm not going to say that I will never drink because I know that I will. Although, I promise myself right now that I will never ever become a heavy drinker or someone who drinks it regularly.

16. Ticklish Fish

I'm 20 and may have drink a little on like really special occasions...
    other than that, not really lol

17. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

i don't drink. Tried in my youth. I'm was very boring when I drank. Pointless waste of money for me.

18. FollowtheFreeman

I don't. The most I've ever had was half of a Mike's Hard Lemonade. Unfortunately I live in Wisconsin where drinking all the time is basically nonchalant.

19. JustMe2602

I don't drink...

20. nicecoolguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't. I've never even tried.