1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What instrumens do you play?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Theagonist, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Wolfie Charm

As someone who doesn’t know how to work one, I got lucky once, I bow down to your skills.

2. speedboy3

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Is mayonnaise an instrument?

I kid, i play alto, teno, and baritone sax, pianno, clarinet, my voice, and drums.

3. Gallatin

I played piano and saxophone when I was younger. Unfortunately, I don't really remember how to play either (though I can still string a few notes together on the piano).

4. Bassplayer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have played the clarinet for 7 years, Bass clarinet for 6, bass guitar for 5 years, I've played Percussion ensemble Cymbal for one, weird, misguided summer. I have played electric guitar for 4 years, and acoustic for 3. I'm still learning piano. I used to be a Jazz bassist for hire in the valley where I lived. I loved playing shows all around Colorado.

5. Acobi

Acobi Guest

Does anyone play the oboe? I do! Seems rather uncommon here as well as in the real world. Here is to the lonely oboist!

I also played clarinet and saxophone!

6. Bassplayer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I worked on bassoon for a little while, but never the oboe. I knew someone who made their own oboe reeds though. Do you?

7. Marching snare, alto saxophone, and tuba. (These are all last year, but I still know how to play them)

#27 anthonythegamer, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2013
  8. Vesper

I'd taken piano lessons for eight years up until middle school, and played clarinet all through middle and high schools. I'm itching to get back into playing piano regularly.

I'd like to learn to play the drums and the guitar. I have a violin and an erhu (a Chinese stringed instrument), but each of them is probably in terrible shape from many years of storage...

9. Ruby

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Alto and Tenor Sax...I own a violin and I'm trying to learn how to play it but it's slow going.

10. mpac21

I played the piano back in middle and high school and rather enjoyed it, I've been really trying to get back into it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It was definitely an awesome creative outlet

11. LailaForbidden

I used to play flute. 'Tis but a distant memory from a different time. I've actually been thinking of picking it back up again.

12. Bolin

I love the oboe. One of my favorite instruments. I like writing for it as well.

13. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    GAH I love music so much. I play Euphonium (the baritone) and violin.

It's a weird mix but I love my violin with a passion (although I haven't played it much lately)

14. Waterlilly

I play viola and violin. I've taken a few semesters of piano in college, but I'm not very good at it. I am an opera major, so voice is my main instrument. I played oboe in middle school and flute in elementary school. Also, I have to learn yangqin, which is a chinese hammer dulcimer for a class this semester.

15. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Alto sax was my primary instrument, but I also played snare in our high school's drumline.

I can also play the clarinet, if I ever really wanted to.

Oh, and the guitar, piano, and set ... very poorly... :thumbsup:

Edit: Actually for that matter I could probably play any instrument "poorly." XD

#35 Browncoat, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  16. Lil4Sho

Out Status:
    All but family
    I can kind of play the Ukelele.
    My mom would try to force me to take piano lessons as a kid, but I despised it. (I'm pretty sure I despised it because at that age I was just going against everything she wanted)

But I really want to learn the piano now and last semester I tried taking a college beginners piano and it was horrible! The professor taught based on what everyone in class was in par to, and unfortunately everyone were definitely NOT beginners. :frowning2:

17. LoveMusicPoetry

I play guitar and I used to play drums back in the day. I don't name my guitars though, I've got a DBZ and a Fender Stratocaster electrics and a Martin acoustic which I saved up for ever to buy, oh and a beat up old Freshman acoustic as well.

18. Mrcake

synthesizer...anything in a digital audio workstation

19. Acobi

Acobi Guest

Awesome, another double reed player! I did have to make my own reeds, and it was such a pain! But definitely worth it since the reed is so important and personal. I'm sure you know exactly what that means being a bassoonist! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Eeee! Really? You, sir are good in my book! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'm glad, it is under-appreciated In my opinion! You write?! I love composing! (I too love writing for the oboe, and winds in general-because I am biased!)

20. Fiddledeedee

I've played flute since Christmas year 8, but my progress has kind of stalled.