1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best and Worst of the year

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SomeNights, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Femme

Best: got a great girlfriend still going strong 7 years later, great job with a great boss and I'm doing very well financially. Finding this group.

Worst - Hurricane Sandy devastated my friend's home and my partner's mother isn't doing so great.

2. PerfectInsanity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Worst: Losing my mom and my dog to cancer. My closeted friend ceasing contact with me, who I thought I was in love with. Having my first suicidal thoughts.

Best: Finding something to live for again (my love and passion of nature and biodiversity). Finally finishing my thesis and getting my Master's degree. Going on a couple roadtrips with my dad and a couple trips with my best friends. Having an amazing support system of close friends that helped me get through the worst times this year. Attempting a positive outlook at the end of this year and vowing to myself to try to be a better and kinder person, leave my bitter and jaded baggage behind, and pursue happiness in whatever form it manifests itself.

Here's hoping that this coming year is much better that last year! Good riddance to 2012.

3. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

Best:

Coming out to the people I have, and joining EC.
    Going to my very first Pride and being in the parade!
    Making out with a girl!
    Finding a new job after the store I worked at for 5 years closed down.
    FINALLY graduated from high school!

Worst:

The store I worked at for 5 years closed down.

Overall, I would say this is one of the better years that I've had. I've discovered a lot about myself, and I feel myself coming out of my shell more and more!

4. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Best:

Starting for the first time this year to really get a taste of the life I want for myself. Getting to know all sorts of different kinds of people, getting out and having adventures with friends, trying new stuff and taking on some real responsibility for once.

Vacation in wisconsin dells with my sister and her family was a blast. Absolutely loved the waterparks. All those beautiful wet topless boys.. ~_~

Started my first job and finally got drivers ed out of the way. License is one of my main goals for next year.

All my beloved friends, family, and pets made it through to 2013 healthy and happy as ever. =]

Worst:

Felt for the first time the exact emotional connection I search for in a relationship with someone else... just without having the romantic side of it returned.

The forum I've been a part of for many years before my joining EC has all but fallen apart during the course of 2012. I guess I'm a bit more attached to the place than I would be any old website since it was there I met the first group of people I really felt like I belonged with. At this rate it wont last much longer which is sad cause I likely wont speak with them again after the ship goes down. And even if I do there's so many fond memories still there to be lost along with it. All of that coupled with the news of MSN being discontinued and replaced with Skype next year... ugh. It'll seem like the internet has totally changed since I first started using it. Guess what it all comes down to is I'm simply not a fan of change when it's unnecessary.

The beginning of the end of my high school career has arrived. Which is kind of a good thing at the same time in its own way. Even so I can't shake the shadow of the doubt I carry within myself that I'm just not ready yet. I still have so much more to learn about the way the world works... being a year younger than everyone else in my grade, having no set plan for secondary education when everyone else does, and above all else not even owning a drivers license doesn't help this sense of unease that I'm so much less prepared for life after school than all my friends and peers. Well at least this year I've taken the first true steps towards getting all of this sorted out. I have a permit, a bit of work experience, and the sense of responsibility I mentioned before that coming into 2012I'm sure I didn't have yet. While I was late in realising I needed to better prepare myself for the outside world; better late than never. It's not a whole lot, what I've got right now, but I'll take it over nothing at all.

5. mischa91

It's been a pretty blah year for me.

Best:

Passing the first year of my 5 year masters course :slight_smile:
    Spending the summer with some new friends trail riding and having fun.
    Visiting my friends and family in England.
    Going to not only universals harry potter world but also the WB studio tour.

Worst:

STILL being single which at 29 is quite depressing really.
    Being skint is really no fun.

6. Naomilly92

Best: Meeting, and becoming friends with the most amazing people, realising who my true friends are
    Worst: Losing most of my old friends, leaving a hole in my life

7. Salazar

Best - Passing my driving test first time.
    Worst - Almost outing myself three times at one party.

8. squally89

Worst
    In denial over my ex and used my ex ex to get over him only to fell for my ex ex. It's kind of funny lol
    Had casual sex for the first time, only to find out it wasn't my thing
    Blackout for the first time in my life

Best
    Employment and working two jobs
    Working out is a lifestyle to me now
    Resolving my feels for my ex's and now I can actually be their friend

9. mithrandir

Best
    - passing my driving test first time
    - realising that a guy I like at school is probably 80-90% gay
    - spending a month in Peru with friends on a school-ish trip (so good to be away from my family)

Worst
    - spending any amount of time with my backwards, sexist, xenophobic and homophobic(ish) family. It's gotten to the point where I wish my parents would divorce so I could just live with my mum who is the only family member I remotely like
    - not being ready to come out to my friend even though I tried

10. LightningRider

Best: Came to the realisation that I am transgendered and not just a weirdo (well okay, maybe I'm still a bit of a weirdo but for different reasons :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

Worst: Broke up with my boyfriend of 2 years who then started going out with another person just one week after the break up.

11. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Worst:
    - Being diagnosed with Pseudotumor cerebri. (Even though I have 20/15 vision.)
    - Having my hours at work cut from 32 hours to 26 hours per week because Obama said anyone who works more than 32 hours should be considered full-time; and my job doesn't want to pay the benefits.
    - Hearing that my mom's friend has to have a kidney transplant.
    - Having car problems that has cost me over $500 in repairs.

Best:
    - Having the ability to stay positive.
    - Finally having the breast reduction I've wanted since I was 14.
    - Reaching my deductible with my health insurance. XD
    - Realizing that I've grown a backbone for a lot of things.
    - Hearing the news that I will finally be moving out of my mom's house and buying a house with my sister and two best friends by December of 2013.
    - Finally being able to own the cat I rescued, even though my mom hates cats. (She actually fell in love with the one we have now, lol.)
    - Being cavity free for 10 full years. :grin:
    - Joining EC.
    - Having an amazing Christmas with my family.

12. MrAwkward

MrAwkward Guest

Best:
    - Finally coming to terms with my sexuality
    - Came out to a friend and had the best day ever doing random stuff
    - Got an internship at a large well-known company
    - Getting good grades despite all the distractions
    - Bought a new phone which I'd wanted for so long

Worst:
    - Friend rejecting me for a while after coming out
    - Not achieving or even starting some of the goals I set for the break
    - Allowing my social anxiety to take over me at social events