1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pot heads?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CasperTheGhost, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

A lot of people are making valid comments about the grossness of smoking pot...and the stereotypical image of marijuana use is someone smoking a joint. But the problem there is primarily with the smoking part; smoking weed or tobacco or anything is going to produce undesirable smells, damage lungs, etc.

But there are other much less harmful ways to use marijuana. Using a vaporizer to vaporize THC instead of smoking pot eliminates a lot of the problems people mention, as you're simply breathing in harmless water vapor that doesn't burn hot or damage your lungs or produce those terrible smoke smells. If you ARE going to use marijuana, I would really suggest getting and using a vaporizer.

There are also of course edible methods of consumption.

So don't confuse problems associated with smoking with the issues surrounding this particular substance. Smoking green tea leaves will smell bad and harm your lungs but green tea is actually very healthy if you drink it.

2. CasperTheGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hah, joints, never! Blunts n bongs all the way :thumbsup: I have to disagree though, I don't see what's so nasty about it but I guess I'm just not the stereotypical stoner I thought I was.

3. 6ix

6ix

The 10 Most Successful Potheads on the Planet… Cool Enough to Admit It «

200 Celebrities/Famous People Who Smoke Pot

Fun tidbit: many US presidents have smoked and/or grown pot. Obama, Jimmy Carter, Zachary Taylor, George Washington, Andrew Jackson, Bill Clinton, George Bush, John F. Kennedy, Franklin Pierce, James Monroe, Thomas Jefferson... Henry Ford even had a car made of hemp.

There are plenty of rich and successful people who smoke marijuana, it's just taboo to talk about it.

4. cloudburn

You can be a "pot head" as in smoke every single day, and still be a productive, functioning member of society. I smoke every day and yet, I have a full time job, my own car/apartment etc. I'd love to be with a girl that shared my same love for cannabis, but it's not a requirement :slight_smile:

5. vyvance

For me, even if you eliminate the awful smell, people that are high, or drunk for that matter, would still not be enjoyable to be around.

6. CasperTheGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You don't know me then, obviously. :slight_smile: When I'm high I'm very touchy and lovey-dovey

7. Alexander69

What I don't like is when people tell m pot curse diseases it cures asthma it cures cancer it helps the brain it makes your lungs stronger..... Smoking anything damages the body I don't care what people say it's not meant to be in your lungs DONE. So nreathing I'm a burning house will strengthen my body make my lungs stronger! Yay! I don't mind people using medical marijuana if they have permission say if they have cancer and need to numb the pain (not heal cancer) there are still carcinogens in pot my old friend she smoked it heavily couldn't go a day with out her mother also did it and crystal and even they knew it was bad for them and the effects it has on the brain and the body. Smoking pot is your choice and this is just my opinion of it.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I eliminated pot smokers (or whatever you call someone who "vaporizes") from my circle of friends, I'm not entirely sure I'd have any friends left. :slight_smile:

Lex

9. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

As I just mentioned, marijuana doesn't have to be smoked. It can be vaped instead.

Breathing smoke into the lungs will be harmful no matter what the burning substance is.

10. CasperTheGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I love your profile picture Lex it looks so familair from this cartoon I watched when I little.

11. introvert

introvert Guest

I almost did

12. Alexander69

What makes people smoke it I don't get it? I'm not trying to offend anyone here but I am 100000000000% against maijuana use. All my old friends smoked pot never once did I do it I saw how ridiculous they acted, I saw when it was laced and they were rushed to the hospital, I saw my friends green out. I watched MY FRIENDS go from respectable good people from good families and close families to being bitches disrespectful and drop outs. I have never seen anything good come from pot my friends started on pot moved to E and MDMA then to crystal and next DEATH. I am no longer friends with them I could not be friends with people who only liked for ward to getting high in the mornings, after noons and night. And as for the vapor I know how it works my friends tried every way and any way possible. The only reason someone would smoke marijuana is to get high and I don't understand why someone would want to? I guess I enjoy thinking too much

13. ClassicRock

Ever see The Town? That's my town. Charlestown.
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Good lord, if no one dated stoners, I'd be sex deprived. We need love too. But if someone chooses pot over you, or they're totally incqpable of having relationships, then stay away. Far away.

14. Cascade

I am against smoking of all kinds. That stuff is not meant to get into your lungs.

15. Alexander69

I agree with you 1000000000% high five! :eusa_clap

16. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

People don't get sent to the hospital for using pot.

The only reason there is any "gateway" effect to marijuana is because it's ILLEGAL, which means it is sold by unregulated street drug dealers who are the ones who will lace it and try to get their customers hooked on harder, more dangerous, more expensive drugs that they also sell and make more money off of. People seek out drug dealers just to buy weed and then get pushed into that other shit.

If marijuana were legalized, regulated, and sold in licensed dispensaries, then these problems are eliminated. No more drug dealers, no more lacing, no more exposure to hard drugs for people who just want to buy a substance that is no more dangerous than alcohol or tobacco or caffeine (actually less dangerous).

And the vapor is safe, eliminating the potential risks associated with breathing in smoke.

Perhaps because life is short, and people want to explore and experience relaxation and enjoyment anyway they can?

17. CasperTheGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well you had some stupid friends that's their bad, it's not the weed's fault they're too irresponsible with it, everyone's always sayin how it's a gateway drug it's gateway drug oh wah, that's on them weed isn't known for being dangerous, crack and heroin ARE, if all you want is to trip balls and you're willing to risk dying then go right ahead and move on to harder stuff, I'm perfectly content with my trees, and like a good stoner, I'm not retarded enough to go buy from some hood rat in the projects, that's how you get laced shit, you gotta learn how to check it. Personally with me, my parents smoked I started smoking at 14, it feels good, I actually work better high it has the opposite effect of what these pther people are sayin oh it makes you lazy oh you don't wanna do anything but eat, bullshit.

I clean my whole house in an hour while blazed, I'll cook, being high makes things more interesting to do, if all you wanan do is sit on your ass that's your bad, don't blame the plant. It's stupid how many good uses cannabis has that are ignored to stop people from getting high? On something that's not even harmful? I would rather have a pot smoker than a drinker, you'll never hear about how my baby died cuz he smoked too much, but damnit if people don't die everyday from drinking.

WHEN WE GROW, This is what we can do (Full Documentary) - YouTube I'll leave this here.

18. Alexander69

I have a friend still who is a "stoner" and she's a great caring person I'm not being mean I just can't stand it. To me it smells like skunk crap I can't stand it. I was friends with like 15 people who are "stoners" I didn't care if they smoked it I even paid for it most of the time because I always had money. But I watched them go from time to time use to every day 3-4 times a day. I had a friend who was so sensitive to the Tetrahydrocannabinol that she would go nuts like I don't know why and none if my friends ever knew why she acted nuts she would hallucinate and attacked my teacher and was suspended for it she though my tracer was in her bedroom and was a spider and started jumping on the desks it was the freakiest thing I had ever seen, she also ran up to a moving car and though it was a cat..... She went nuts from the THC in it became depressed and reliant on weed to make her happy she said she was on "could 9" felt like she was always walking on clouds. So these are my experiences with pot users

19. CasperTheGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    3-4 times a day is nothing to my dad who does it atleast 6 times a day and you would never tell he was high, and that chick you mentioned is insane that's crazy I wouldn't let anyone who got like that touch it after the first time I saw 'em flip out that's definitely not the norm, that sounds like acid to me, And it sounds a little bit hypocritical that you say you hate it so much but you'll buy it for 'em, and you make no mention of ever trying to stop 'em from doing it. I think it just varies from person to person if I had that crazy ass bitch of a friend, well I have nothing to say she wouldn't be my friend and if you're willing to completely dismiss someone over weed because you had bad experiences with people who do it to extremes, without giving someone who does it every now and then a chance, then that's kinda shallow.

20. Alexander69

I'm going on a date with a guy who smokes pot all the time I said as long as they are a good person I don't care and I said that I have a best friend who smokes pot every day