1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STD Question

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by alwayshope11, Dec 6, 2012.

1. alwayshope11

Does the HIV test work for all types of HIV?

2. manoverboard09

Not to sound rude, but are you a hypochondriac or are you just really wanting to know all of these answers? Lol you seem very worried!
    Have you been to the doctor recently to be tested for HIV & STDs?

3. KaraBulut

There's different types of tests but they all are designed to test for HIV-1 and HIV-2.

4. alwayshope11

I have OCD which has been , unfortunately, manifested itself in some hypochondriacal ways of thinking...but it's gotten a lot better and I don't worry as much anymore...

5. DryOasis

DryOasis Guest

Why do I like this thread so much? :slight_smile:

6. alwayshope11

Umm idk cuz I can be a bit nutso? Lol

7. manoverboard09

Understandable, I was just curious. I'm OCD too, and I can be a bit of a hypochondriac. And I was just reading about this in my psych class, so figured I would ask. Hope you weren't offended. :slight_smile:

8. alwayshope11

Na not at all

9. manoverboard09

Okay, good. I hope you get all the answers you're looking for :slight_smile: Wish I knew some answers for you.

10. alwayshope11

It's not so much about always needing an answer as just a place to put my thoughts when I can't get rid of them on my own and so I don't google and find wacky info..

11. manoverboard09

Yeah, don't google these things. The internet can create some pretty messed up thoughts when it comes to searching sites like that for answers. Like WebMD..

12. alwayshope11

Ugh yea i know...today it's do gay men who bottom need to be screened for prostate or colon cancer at an earlier age? I didn't see anything online, so I'm assumin no but I'm sure Kara will know or someone.

13. alwayshope11

Cuz with prostate massages, it seems like they can help prevent cancer but also spread it if its there!

14. Moxxy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    hi hun, it seems like severe anxiety is really hurting you right now and i used to be the same way. the way you keep seeking for assurance is just like i used to be like with my ex boyfriend, id constantly keep bringing up the same stuff having to have him assure me things are ok.

just so you know you really wont get HIV from kissing even if u did have small cuts its like 000.01% chance, Ur not going to get it from that. Please dont let this worrying take over your life , i hate to see someone like the way i used to be. i let go off all my anxiety a long time ago altough i get minor anxiety now i just kind of hide that.

if u need someone to talk to u can always contact me on this matter but please listen to me on one thing, u really dont have HIV and most likely not cancer. cancer is something u shouldnt spend ur life worrying about, what matters is living ur life happy now. no matter how much u go on about it will not change things.

and like what other people said, ur hurting urself by getting involved in all these website sysmpton sites. Ur just reading them and expecting the worse of everything like i used to do.

hope ya take my message into consideration and try to tackle your worrying , because u Dont have HIV and u dont have cancer!

you should speak to your doctor like i did and theres anti depressant pills for anxiety, these stopped my severe ones a while ago.

15. alwayshope11

16. alwayshope11

Hey! I've been doing great lately but I have a question...if you ever get a cold sore, would you tell people you have herpes before having sex? Since most people have it anyway....but what if it spreads to their genitals....

17. alwayshope11

Also, isn't it true that herpes blood tests aren't not reliable/recommended?

18. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

I am laughing at you :lol:

After my required meanness of the day, I believe that most unreliable tests become reliable if it gives the same result 5 times in a row :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 16th Jun 2013 at 08:02 AM ----------

I feel a bit bad about that, but yah, having a test done repetitively tends to make it more reliable.

19. alwayshope11

It's ok...I laugh at myself sometimes...

But seriously, I had the test and came back negative for hsv 1 and 2....now I'm worried that I'm more susceptible to both types of genital herpes because I have never had a cold sore....any thoughts Kara or anyone?

20. alwayshope11

No one even really gets tested for this my doc said unless there a re symptoms