Any gamers out there that play horror survival games?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by rainbowbear, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Bolin

I can't play them simply because I'd get too scared. BUT, I DO watch LPs of them on YouTube. That's the closest I can get. XD

I've "completed" (and by "completed", I mean "watched." LMAO) Silent Hill 1, Silent Hill 3, Silent Hill: Downpour, Slender, Ao Oni, Resident Evil 2, and Clock Tower. I'm watching LPs of Resident Evil 6 and The Walking Dead right now.

2. Redell

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I freaken love survival horror.

DEAD SPACE is AMAZING, story line so intense and the setting is amazing and so involving.

I love Resident Evil too, love the whole zombie/las plagas thing. Oooh and Silent Hill, so mentally confusing and scary. And I desperately want to play Amnesia but my computer wouldn't support the graphics.

Has anyone played The Suffering (on ps2 & probs xbox)? That's a really good survival/action/horror in my opinion, it's got an amazing storyline and setting and it really screws with your head, the second one more so than the first.

---------- Post added 30th Oct 2012 at 12:41 AM ----------

YES! I've watched Clock tower too! Looks so good!

3. Tombgeek

Tombgeek Guest

I'm a fan of horror in general, including books and films. Not a fan of Resident Evil, but I did enjoy RE4 due to the immense, fast-paced action and tuned just enough to make it scary without relying on cheap jump-scares.

Silent Hill is by far my favourite. In the words of Mr Yahtzee Croshaw himself: "What I love about Silent Hill is its absolutely peerless storytelling, which, when compared to the general standards of writing in the games industry, makes it look like Charles Dickens joining a forum for Invader Zim fan-fiction."

And of course, the indie games Penumbra and Amnesia: The Dark Descent. They are by far one of the best and it shows exactly what a bit of effort can do without sucking up to money-hungry publishers.

4. Elicitra

Exactly this ^.^

5. TheFirstStep

Ohhh yes! Amnesia: The Dark Descent! That game continues to give me heart palpitations, even though I know what's coming!

Slender is another good indie horror game that continues to chill me to the core too.

If I were to suggest my favorite survival horror games, I would include hose two with Dead Space, Dead Space 2, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, and SCP Containment breach.

The Dead Space games are my favorite by far when it comes to complete terror and action. There's something about being isolated in space surrounded by creatures that are made of repurposed human body parts that makes menjust giddy with joy!

The two Left 4 Dead games are pretty much the best your going to get if your looking for a game that includes a few scares, lots of zombies, and optional team play with three other friends. Being that. Love my laptop and many of my friends are hardcore gamers like me, this game always seems to get everyone sweating after only a few minutes of play.

Those are my top favorite survival horror games! There are quite a few more, including many indie games, but I believe that Hess ones are the better of the higher end games.

Amnesia... WHOLE DIFFERENT LEVEL OF SCARED CRAPPLESS! I love this game with a passion, but seeing as though you already played it, I won't talk too much about it. :slight_smile:

6. lonewolf77

lonewolf77 Guest

My favorites are the Left 4 Dead games. Also like the Dead Rising series and Dead Island. I think its therapeutic for me to shoot zombies.:icon_bigg

7. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

The only real surival horror game I played was Silent Hill 2. So many of my friends spoke so highly of how deep the games is I was finally convinced to try. But honestly I had a few restrictions on it.

One, I had to play during the day, and by the off chance I played at night ( did twice), all the lights had to be on in any room I might need to remotely enter, and I loaded my shotgun and carried it around.

I don't handle horror well, like at all. The time it took me to beat the game (a large portion of which was spent killing everything and beating it's corpse for a couple minutes) translated too me taking about twice as long as another friend who also picked up the game.

Have not played another horror game since.

EDIT: The worst part was Pyramid Head,s eeing him for the first time...he just stood there and I just stood there too, afraid to move. Had to call a friend and ask her what would happen because I was to afraid to move.

8. Ridiculous

Nooooo. I would piss myself on the menu screen.

I played Lone Survivor recently (which is a pseudo-16bit game) and that was plenty scary enough for me.

I did play Resident Evil 3 right the way through by myself when I was about 10 though!
    I did like Dino Crisis, which is sort of horror but without the creepy enemies - just dinosaurs. Still scary when a god-damn T-Rex smashes its head through the wall though.

9. Clown

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This. ^
    Amazing game. And that's a lot from me considering I got bored with survival horror to be honest.
    Scared the living daylights out of me when I was younger.
    Never actually got to finish the game cause my ps2 broke but yes, it did mess with my head at times.
    Thanks for making me want to buy a new ps2 just to play. Haha.

EDIT: Alone in the dark, anyone? :s (I'd say original was best, but remake too)

10. ShadowDragon

I'm probably the only one here whose heard of these games but Haunting Ground, Rule of Rose, and Clock Tower are all excellent survival horrors. Haunting Ground being my favorite. There not all well known games but if you love suvival horror there a must try. Too bad most of them are on PS2 though :/.

11. Cassandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Nop, actually I've played them too:grin:

Well, I couldn't play too much of Rule of Rose. And Clock Tower I only finished the original, because the sequels aren't that good at all.

As for my favorites, mmm, well there's only one I actually had to play with daylight and other people on the house, and that is Fatal Frame.

12. TotallyaGirl

TotallyaGirl Guest

Silent Hill 2 was more of an emotional roller coaster of dark beauty thanterror for me. Still loved it. Slender got old after a few plays, but Ao Oni (you'll know it of you like PewDiePie) was sooooo scaarrryyy the first time I played it. The scariest game I ever played was Condemned 2: Bloodshot 0.0 It takes 10 minutes for me to psyche up to just put it in my xbox

13. caramba2654

I've played Slender, but only because it's free. I think I'd like to play Amnesia, though.

14. Fvantom

the old Resident Evil and Silent Hill games were amazing, the first three of each series, they were really scary.

15. None

On the dark side of the moon, running to the east.
    Nothing to this day had scared me -in gaming- more then the original silent hill .. silent hill 2 wasn't bad as well .. but for some reason Resident Evil never really scared me .. played through 1 to 4 .. to me Resident Evil had always been like a thrill more then a scare .. that "boo .. I am zombie" kind of thrill never really came close to me standing in the pitch black school yard hearing the static noise on my broken radio emitted by those child like creatures roaming somewhere in there ...

If you played the original silent hill .. you will understand quite well what I mean ...

Also some other good games -although a bit old now- are Fatal Frame and Forbidden Siren .. I never played Amnesia though .. but I am looking forward to it when I have the time to play it ...

The last game I played that I think was scary in a good way was Alan Wake .. but again its scary in a thrilling kind of way .. but it was still extremely scary ...

#35 None, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  16. PsychStudent91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I play a great many survival horror games. My console list includes the Silent Hill series (I cannot play SH 4 - The Room for long without being terrified...) and Resident Evil if you'd call it that (though many wouldn't). I also played Siren at one time, which was pretty chill-inducing.

As for PC survival horror games, I play Amnesia: Dark Descent (though it doesn't run well on my poor laptop), Slender (which I found thanks to a friend), and an indie game made on RPGMaker called The Witch's House (found it searching for LPs done by Pewdiepie!).

Amnesia is really awesome, I just wish it would run on my laptop without wigging out. Oh! I also played Killing Floor at one point, though that's just a bit different compared to others. Slender is horrifying...I can't play it, I get too scared! As for The Witch's House, it is actually really great! For being done on RPGMaker, it has some nice graphics and keeps you on the edge of your seat. I recommend it.

17. poppy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    YES :grin: i play silent hill orgins and sh2 and sh3, siren blood curse, resadent evil 5,6 and condemed 1 and 2 and slender man. im trying to get a colection of horror games haha next im getting silent hill downpour

18. Harve

I can cope with the worst of 4am horror films viewings (Martyrs, [REC], Dread are probably the worst for a combination of shock + disgust + jumps), but I must admit that playing games is an entirely different kettle of fish. Because they're more immersive by their very definition, even caves in games like Skyrim scare me. So Resident Evil can GTFO.

19. YeonAh

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Haven't worked up the nerve to play the scary games yet, but I do watch them on youtube? xD;; Trying to work up an immunity to the scares so by the time I get the courage to play them, I'm not just gonna scream and turn off the computer right away. Amnesia is a favorite, closely followed by Slender.

20. Bispaniard17

A really good one I live ALOT is the original "Silent Hill" and "silent Hill" originals you want a really good scary horror survival there you go, oh and especially "DEAD-Island" that is if you play it alone which I did I was so scared out of my mind. Lol