1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I be scared of going to hell?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Sep 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. everett

No, mate you are not.
    Just ignore the fools who harp that on you and give em the finger. Twas what I did to the priest after he started lecturing everyone on how homosexuals are evil and walked out with dignity.

Also if someone starts harping on you about it, remind em that If God didn't create homosexuals, THERE WOULD NOT BE ANY!

#21 everett, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  2. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, you shouldn't.

3. Robin

I was once talking to my counselor and I asked the same question. He told me that if no one can get into heaven because they're following their dreams, and not hurting anyone in the process, heaven must really suck. :lol: Since we all know that heaven does not suck, I was convinced that I was not going to hell. Just some food for thought. Hope it helps! :slight_smile:

4. Bradley James

Above all, a God needs compassion.

I do not believe in Hell, it goes against every understanding and concept i have of God.

5. fatalmoon91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    heya. what I'm about to say i guess should be taken with a grain of salt, and i would also like to point out that i do not follow any church. i follow what my heart tells me is right and by doing so i found a peace with myself that i never thought was possible. my first piece of advice would be to tell you to listen to what your heart says and figure out if you truly believe you should go to hell for being gay. I don't believe it matters if your parents believe you will or anyone else for that matter. It is none of their business whether or not you go to hell and the only one, according to most of the religious mumbo jumbo that i know, who can decide that is god him/herself.

also as it happens to be my catch phrase when religious stuff comes up i would like to say that as a person, i would rather go to hell for loving someone than go to heaven for hating someone.

its your decision how you take my words but please know i don't mean to offend anyone with what i say.

6. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    See you all there! (&&&) hahaha

This^ :thumbsup:

7. Gen

Gen

I dont know why the belief the Christianity says that homosexuals go to hell has become so painfully popular. Its like everyone is reading the bible as if it were a book of laws, however they have forgotten to read the directions.

Christianity teaches that everyone is forgiven for all of their sins before the eyes of god, and the only way to not go to heaven is to be in sin at the time of judgement. However, since god forgive us for our sins automatically, the only way to be 'in sin' is to commit the one sin he will not forgive.(Often refered to as simple the Unforgivable Sin) Which is to denounce heis name, and thus, his existance.

Everyone seems to believe that the bible is so extreme and you have to do this and go to church, and this and that. This is not just the religious either as many people who do not believe dont because of these false claims. MAN has made religion into competition in which those who are best and most devote achieve salvation. Which is why it annoys me when people speak about how much they 'hate' religion. Hate religious people, most of them are indeed dreadful. However, if you sit down and actually read the teachings of Christianity/Catholism/Judaism/Islam you will see that the beliefs are vastly corrupted by the people.

8. Alexander69

Thank you all, everything said here makes me feel better
    Thank you! :grin:

9. MPexhibitionboi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Although I do believe in God, I do not particularly believe in Heaven and Hell. Assuming I am wrong, however, I cannot imagine why God would cast any creature he created into Hell for behaving as HE MADE THEM. People often forget that God created everyone the way they are and He makes no mistakes.
    Unfortunately, I think the Bible also has a lot of man-made fairy tales in it. While some of it certainly is divinely inspired, I think books such as Leviticus (where that passage is from) are bogus. In that same book, you are also damned to hell for enjoying lobster, wearing your cotton undies while wearing your wool sweater and not killing a certain animal on a certain day. Garbage in, garbage out.

As a dear 83 year old lady friend of mine says "according to the Christians, everyone I know and love is going to Hell. Why would I want to be in Heaven when I wouldn't know anyone up there?" I have to agree with her.

10. kinar70

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, Alexander69.
    I'm not religious at all in the standard way. My belief is that we carry both the "higher power" and the "devil" within us as the human race. It is our actions, both as individuals and as a whole, that decides who wins in the good vs. evil battle. So many people confuse religion with faith. They aren't the same at all. Religion is simply one person deciding what the rules are and no two people can ever seem to agree on it. Faith is believing in something... anything.
    So many "good christians" are really nasty people who use their beliefs to beat others over the head. They just have to have something that proves that they are better or more righteous than everyone else. But just because they have to have that feeling to get by, doesn't make it any more right or real than what anyone else believes. People who use religion as a club, don't have any real faith in anything. They simply need to make you feel bad to make themselves feel better.
    What really matters is what do you believe? Do you feel that sharing love with another human being can ever be wrong? Do you think that being a good person and helping others is wrong? Do you feel that adding your goodness to the world (especially when the world seems all about hate and hurting others) is wrong?
    I don't get people who lie, cheat, or hurt others telling us we are wrong or evil or going to hell, but thinking they are okay because they have a line in a book that makes them better than us. It makes no difference to me whether you believe in God, Allah, Vishnu, Buddha, whoever... If you actually really look into any of these beliefs, being good to one another seems to be a core tenet. You can be religious. You can be spiritual. You can have faith. None of those things gives you license to be evil to others. Simple as that.

11. HarleyQ

I can't find a thing anywhere that says G-d is against love... So love who you want and don't worry about being punished for loving anyone...

12. Gold Griffin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Really, this question cannot be answered by anyone but yourself, as we don't know what you believe about the afterlife. No one can or should tell you what you believe.

13. Alexander69

Ya but i I know I'm a good person but I hate how my family talks an says that homosexuality is a sin and is punishable by death, so what I really need is for people to help make me feel good about myself I know I'm a good person but I'm so scared and confused about religion that I don't want to believ that I'll go to hell but I've been told that homosexuality is a sin my whole life! As much as I believ I won't something inside me says I will and I'm so freaking scared! And I'm thinking about it again after remembering this thread I wrote and now in freaking out again! UGH! Help calm me down please thanks!

14. HelmetBoi

I need this explaining a little further! What exactly do you mean by they say it's "punishable by death"?

15. Alexander69

That homosexuals will be killed off by god yo!

16. HelmetBoi

It concerns me that in 2012 there are still people who think like this.

Quite simply, ignore what they say because they're talking complete and utter nonsense. Believing that is akin to believing a guy with a big red cloak and hat delivers your presents on Christmas eve by dropping in through your chimney. It's made up, so don't be worried about it.

Simple. :slight_smile:

17. Alexander69

Thanks so much jeez you are so nice

18. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Look. Your family believes in some stuff that's not true. You don't go to hell, and you don't get executed for being gay (as much as Fred Phelps wants to have the government murder us all).

19. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Spoilers dude, spoilers! D:

20. Alexander69

Omg I'm so sorry what did I spoile again?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.