1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mac or PC

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Jared, Sep 4, 2012.

?

Mac or PC

1. Mac

42 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. PC

78 vote(s)
    65.0%
  1. factwithinfiction

From the 7th grade to 10th grade, I was solely a PC user and quite frankly I HATED pc's. I was always unlucky with getting viruses all the time. I recently tried Windows 7 on my parents new computer and I actually really like it but all in all when I got my first macbook in the 10th grade I seriously don't know why I never got one sooner (oh wait. yeah I do...because they're bloody expensive :lol:slight_smile:. But I never had problems with my old macbook and now my new one is even more awesome. But more recently I gained a new respect for Windows computers but I love my macbooks too much to give up on them.

2. Pyrotactick

I have a mac...but I like PC because of the customization...

---------- Post added 1st Oct 2012 at 08:31 PM ----------

True, I got a macbook as part of my school program in 8th grade. It's my 1st year with this good old laptop and soon to be 2nd I think. Hopefully this baby will last. Normally they last for 4 years or so at least. I want to switch to windows though :icon_bigg

3. MagicMadman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Mac is the best I currently have a PC - Utter Rubbish. I must admit. Getting my mac soon :grin:

4. Fiddledeedee

One x snobbish Mac user, right here! Mac OS X looks so much neater than Windows or Linux systems and is easier for me to navigate.

5. timo

Mac! Definitely. I've been using my Macbook for 4 years now and it's still awesome. Easy to use and OS X looks GOOD.

6. Bolin

PC. Macs frustrate me.

7. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a Mac right now and definitely like it more than past PC's I've had.

8. Valarie

Valarie Guest

I have never bought a single apple device in my life ^.^

9. Genevieve

Genevieve Guest

I like both but I prefer a Mac. I've an old one that I got on my 12th birthday and it's still going strong.

10. TheUndiscovered

I put Mac. I've never had a mac but two years ago I spent 2k dollars on a high quality gaming laptop called an Alienware 15x (15 inches) since then I've had to replace the keyboard, the battery is no longer working, and I'm on my 3rd battery charger. Dell has let me down and I don't think I plan on buying from them again.

11. Valarie

Valarie Guest

Ive gone with hp
    my first computer ran for about 5-6 years (also probably has like 3 years of running time... if not more)
    still runs, just overheats since its old and internal fans probably stopped working
    got another hp, see if it can last just as long

12. Kiazt

Kiazt Guest

I like PC better, but I haven't used Macs much, so...

13. Luke Matt

Ew, Mac. I can't stand Apple products.

PC.

14. reds123

reds123 Guest

i prefer mac! but i created a partition so i have both windows and mac os! best of both worlds!

15. Pat

Pat

Mac! I'm bias though lol.

16. aeva

I've had both in my life, but I much prefer macs. All of my gamer friends always criticize me for it, but I really don't use it for much other than school work and internet browsing, so I don't need a PC.

17. ezkill

^^^ I don't game either... but people underestimate what you can actually do with a mac. I program quite a bit, and I do a lot of applied math with the computer. I use R, Python, Java, C, C++, (Oracle) SQL.. you name it. I can do all of that stuff with a Mac. And the best part is, I don't have to search some really crappy forum for support with *nix related issues (because I do have access to unix tools). Everything just works, and if it doesn't, google won't give me a million different answers for a single problem.

Also, I don't have to worry about other people using my computer and giving it spyware/adware. If my trackpad accidentally wanders over to an ad because my finger slipped, I don't have to worry about it doing something weird to my computer. Also, my mac has not slowed down a bit in the years that I've had it.

Oh, and the one great thing about having unix tools on a mac? I can kill any running process immediately. Unlike on Windows, where I have to wait for Task Manager to kill the process, which sometimes doesn't happen...

18. Praetor

Without a doubt I like PC over Mac. I'm a bit of a gamer so that sort of decides it. But even ignoring that, I like PC over Mac because generally Macs are all premade, and I prefer to custom-build.
    I don't really like Microsoft or Apple. They have at times both acted quite poorly, being control freaks and highly litigious.
    I think the question also depends on the use of the computer... for server computers I wouldn't use Macintosh or Windows and instead go with some Linux release.

19. spirithawk

spirithawk Guest

PCs. I'm a hardcore gamer. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

In this day and age, the excuse "I use a Mac because it's better at design" simply isn't true anymore; major design companies rarely cater to only one platform anymore, and PCs aren't the computers you use "only for business/work" either. Heck, most of the computer parts nowadays work for BOTH OSs, so really, the difference is between which operating system you want, and if you want that cool Apple logo or not. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I'm sick of Apple too. You can't really "build your own Mac" with your own hands, and using their computer builder website is a joke, when their computer parts are marked 50-100% higher than places like Newegg, just because they got the stupid Apple stamp.

20. beyondb1rthday

Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a PC but I wanna get a Mac though