1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ForceAndVerve, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Tim

Tim

Not just monk, ;D The tank spec is Brewmaster, something people who played past Warcrafts are familiar with.

Anyway, they updated it. Theramore's destruction will not occur for a few weeks. (I hope they aren't dumb enough to do it on 9/11, seeing as having a city destroyed by a bomb being dropped on it's tower... is going to end horribly for Blizzard if it's done on 9/11. Every major news station will freaking attack them.)

Pet Battles are being launched with Mists, but will not require Mists.

Come tomorrow, account-wide achievements, mounts, and pets will occur, as well as the new talent/glyph system. (Almost every class/spec plays different now, so make sure to read a guide. xD)

Class Guides (WoW 4.3) - Icy Veins

There are updated guides for the new patch/expansion for every spec. :slight_smile:

Mists of Pandaria - Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

A talent calculator to show the new talents. All talents are now meant to be completely optional, so you actually have choice between them. Like for hunters, you can choose the first tier, to either reduce the cooldown on Disengage/Deterrence, or you can choose to make it anytime you Disengage, you stick all enemies into webs for 8 seconds, or when you Disengage, you remove movement impairing effects and move faster, etc. They're all flavor talents you actually can choose between.

A few notes for Hunters/Druids, as they're the changes that stick out xD

Hunters: Pets no longer are restricted to being a tank pet or a DPS pet. You can have a DPS turtle or a tanking cat if you so choose.

Hunter New Pets:

Basilisks: (Available Tomorrow)

[​IMG]

Cranes: (Only available on Pandaria - AKA Expansion)

[​IMG]

Goats: (Only available on Pandaria - AKA Expansion)

[​IMG]

Porcupines: (Only available on Pandaria - AKA Expansion)

[​IMG]

Quilen (Exotic - Has Battle Res): (Only available on Pandaria - AKA Expansion)

[​IMG]

Water Striders (Exotic): (Tall Models available tomorrow, others only on Pandaria)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Caterpillars (New Sub-Category of Worms): (Only available on Pandaria - AKA Expansion)

[​IMG]

Druids have a new baseline Travel Form model:

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2012/july/DruidTravelAllianceAndHorde.jpg

There is a glyph that allows party members to mount you while you're in stag form. There's another glyph that allows you to change your travel form back into a cheetah, but it nullifies the effect of the mounting glyph.

There is Glyph of the Orca - Changes your Aquatic Form into the skin of an Orca.

You can now glyph Tree of Life. This will just be a purely aesthetic change where you turn into a tree at all times as a no-effect shapeshift. For those people who are nostalgic about healing as a tree.

And for lore junkies like me, the story of the new book, as per usual, leaked early:

Garrosh's plan is not to destroy Theramore alone. He intends to destroy Theramore so he can leave the Night Elves defenseless and slaughter them. Every other Horde leader opposes his plan, but they go along with it, because they fear that he wouldn't hesitate to wipe their race out. (The passage where this is revealed canonizes the Alliance questing in Stonetalon, Ashenvale, and Southern Barrens, rather than the Horde.)

The Horde steal the Focusing Iris from the Blue Dragonflight, and Garrosh has the Goblins make an Arcane Bomb out of it. The surviving Orcs from Redridge are accepted into the Horde, and Garrosh enlists the help of the remaining Twilight Cultists and Dark Shaman to help the Horde.

On the way with the bomb to Theramore, the Horde destroy the Alliance stronghold in the Southern Barrens. Heroes of the Alliance scramble to Theramore to defend it when wind of the attack reaches them, among them are Vereesa Windrunner and Rhonin, leader of the Kirin'tor.

By the time they realize what's about to happen (The Arcane Bomb), there's no time left, Rhonin opens a portal to Dalaran and pushes Jaina inside it, seconds before the bomb detonates, obliterating Rhonin and everyone else within Theramore. (Though Vereesa's fate is unknown. One source says she dies, another says she doesn't xD Many Alliance lore leaders, however, will perish in Theramore. We only know of Rhonin though.)

Jaina immediately teleports back to Theramore... only to find a crater. She is enraged, and wipes the remaining Horde out of Theramore, and rushes to Thrall to ask for his help to get revenge on Garrosh. Thrall refuses to act in revenge, and Jaina rushes to the Echo Isles. She begins to merge hundreds and thousands of elementals together, intent on sending a gigantic Tidal Wave directly at Orgrimmar to destroy every last Orc. When he realizes what she's doing, Thrall attempts to calm Jaina, but fails. At the last minute, Kalecgos appears and calms Jaina down, and she lets the Tidal Wave dissipate (Ironic, eh? The whole of the Orc/Troll/Goblin part of the Horde would have just been destroyed xD)

They are summoned to Dalaran for Rhonin's funeral. While there, Khadgar is revealed to be one of the unknown Council of Six (leaders of Dalaran). He suggests that Jaina become the new leader of the Kirin'tor, and all of the Council agree, including Aethas, who is still in somewhat shock that his men betrayed the Kirin'tor and aided the destruction of Theramore. They also ask Kalecgos to join the Council, (apparently one of the Council died in Theramore on top of Rhonin?) rounding out the Council of Six to 6 confirmed individuals.

Kalecgos and Jaina share a kiss. (:confused: Gogo past-dragon aspect human love? XD)

The amount of power released during her creation of the Tidal Wave caused Jaina's hair to become White, aside from a streak of blonde that remained.

[​IMG]

And the final boss of the expansion was revealed when the expansion first was:

Garrosh was confirmed to be the final boss of Mists of Pandaria pretty much the same day the expansion was announced.

It's been said Thrall will rally the Horde to kill Garrosh, whereas obviously, Jaina rallies the Alliance. The final raid will be the Siege of Orgrimmar. (Obviously a year or two away :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) The logic behind Sylvanas, Baine, Lor'themar, Gallywix, and Vol'jin being willing to kill Garrosh is simple:

Sylvanas does not like Garrosh. One of his lackies killed her, for example. If not for the Val'kyr, she'd be dead. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: On top of this, the bomb almost killed her sister. They may not be on speaking terms, her being undead and her sister alive, but sisterly bonds are not to be messed with.

Baine and Vol'jin opposed Garrosh's plan of genocide of the Night Elves and Theramore. They do not believe in slaughtering hundreds/thousands of innocent people just for land. Garrosh does this, and continues to do it on Pandaria.

Lor'themar and Gallywix... lol. Like the Blood Elves/Draenei or Goblins/Worgen actually get lore. What is this, the twilight zone?

So essentially, war breaks out on Pandaria after this. The Alliance side is led by the remainder of the Theramore Army, who were not in Theramore when it was destroyed, and not sure about the Horde. Patch 5.1 (4-6 months away) will feature Varian, Jaina, and Garrosh battling on Pandaria for control.

Ironically, in the end, Garrosh destroying an Alliance stronghold was the thing that was the beginning of the end for him. Even his own Horde betray him. The only questioin is which side gets the "Lore" kill.

However, it's hinted at that Garrosh has been corrupted. It was revealed in the final patch of Cataclysm that Deathwing was not simply crazy. The Old God N'zoth corrupted Deathwing from the start, intent on causing the Hour of Twilight: The end of the world. Nozdormu broke his pact with the Titans, and altered time by allowing us to get the Dragon Soul from the past to fight Deathwing, altering the future, making the Hour of Twilight never come to be. In the end, the Dragon Aspects lost all of their Aspect powers, and became normal dragons. It was also revealed that the Infinite Dragonflight, the Dragons who kept trying to alter time, was actually created by Nozdormu, who was driven mad by some force, and became Murozond, leader of the infinite flight. You kill him in End Time with the help of the non-corrupted Nozdormu, thus ending the Infinite Dragonflight once and for all. Ironically, his "gift", the ability to be timeless, unaffected by timelines/etc, is what kills him. You are able to use the Hourglass of Eternity to rewind time during the fight with him, giving you 5 chances to keep fighting, getting back to peak shape... but he is unaffected.

In short, it's hinted at that either N'zoth (the 3rd Old God, yet to be in game, other than lore/text) or Y'shaarj (4th Old God, only just confirmed last month, the creator of the Sha, corrupt elementals on Pandaria) actually corrupted Garrosh.

Getting kind of sick of corrupted bosses. Can't we just have a goddamn evil leader for once? Even the strongest of the Burning Legion are just corrupted Draenei. -.-

Don't Judge Me.

I'm an information sponge.

#21 Tim, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  2. Hawthorne

Yeah I kinda agree where are the evil D: i want another royal apothecary moment sad day D:

Also I am trying to figure out how to play a monk O-o and i am so confused D: mistweaver seems op but I have no idea what I am doing so no idea.

3. Tim

Tim

DPS Monks are essentially Jab Jab keep up Tiger Palm 3 stacks, Blackout Kick Spam, Fists of Fury on Cooldown, and keep up the Tiger Brew. xD

Mistweavers... are odd. You constantly channel your spell on the tank, which makes your cast time heals instant cast. You can glyph one of them to instead of healing your channeled target, it heals the lowest health party members.

Tanking I haven't tried yet. xD

4. ForceAndVerve

Ye mistweavers are pretty funky! I shall be leveling one as soon as I get my Main (Holy priest) to 90.

5. werekid

Ive been playing since wrath before Icc and i think when MoP comes out ppl will want Cata back

6. vladko92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know it's seems fine but Monk class is too OP... plus come on... did you see the Monk class they are like mix between all of the others classes :grin: but I think it's a good update that they change their talent system :grin: I like the new one more :grin:

7. Thandrami

I still have my account but i havent bought MoP yet because I am too busy to play because of school and work and all D:

8. Tim

Tim

Just like Death Knights, properly balancing them will take a while. Beta testing a whole class doesn't tend to show the imbalances like having millions play them at once.

Death Knights weren't really "balanced" until Cataclysm, and when they removed the tanking capability from frost/unholy.

9. vladko92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people

Well if you ask me, WoW went down years ago when they come out with the expansion Wrath of the Lich King I think this was the correct name, forgive me if I got it wrong.. just something tells me that they won't fix the Monks until the next big expansion if you get what I mean... but it their own problem as I said above I stopped playing this game YEARS ago... because too many kids play it at first time, trolling and insulting you only because you beat them in duel... and I say that because I didn't really spend much time in the official server I just don't have the money to pay for it... but in Private Servers I was one of the best Admins/GM's which they had in their staffs and I was then like 17 year old... now I am almost 21 year old... and some child in his 14 will dare to tell me... idiot or noob, or bitch.... or anything like that... and they will keep trolling you even when you tell them to stop so yea... only because of that I quit the game... I can't bare such kids to insult me like nothing and to tell me that they are something more then I am... I really dislike such people... as about DK they where too OP ... I am glad that they balanced them into Cataclysm... but now they have to fix monks, plus those pandas are neutral... I wonder how they will balance the two races -.- unless they add 5 more races on the panda side which I can very much see it coming for the next few expansions :grin:

10. Tim

Tim

Pandaren choose either Alliance or Horde when they hit level 15 and end the starting zone. They aren't truly neutral except in the starting zone.

I tend to ignore comments about "kids" playing the game. It's a game. Of course there's kids.

11. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bought the expansion, updated my add-ons, log in to play and all the realms are down for urgent maintenance. Lol Blizz, you iz such a tease. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. ForceAndVerve

I was expecting "Realm is full. Your position in queue: 4530. Estimated wait time: 3 hours".

xD

13. Hawthorne

Loving this expansion so far! already 90 and geared ready for raiding woohoo!

14. Tim

Tim

Only a few realms are like that, and they have free transfers up for them atm. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I still haven't been able to play, and the expansion didn't ship from gamestop like it was supposed to, so my sister's going to hopefully deal with it while I'm still out of state. xD

15. Elicitra

My sub ran out, and I don't think I will renew it for now. I only started in lateish wrath, but I played the hell out of it and cata, and now I think I'm done... Ima focus on Dota :grin:

16. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes.. I quit around Cataclysm too because they just hand you everything now. I've played since vanilla, got highly discouraged during Wraith of the Lich King, and then just couldn't support that game anymore after Cataclysm came around.

17. Dr Acula

I never got into WoW. Played a couple of trials, but it was just a bit dull for me. Looking at the adverts though, it just looks like a complete rip of Kung Fu Panda....

18. Tim

Tim

Attitudes like this bother me.

They do not hand you anything.

Heroic Ragnaros took almost the longest out of all bosses to kill. Only C'thun and Ouro surpassed that.

If you are saying they are handing people stuff, you best have achievements for every heroic encounter for cataclysm when they were current. I'm not a raider, but that's the only time I would give you credit for saying that.

They don't give anyone anything. So what if you can get valor points outside of raids now. And Raid Finder is amazing. Surprisingly, I enjoy being able to experience the storyline of a raid instance without having to watch a youtube video. The raid finder drop rate on gear is ridiculously low, and even so, it's still weaker than normal or heroic versions of the raid.

People who say they're just giving away epics need to stop. It's a goddamn color. They could change the color to rare with the same stats and all the rage would stop. People are so defensive against the fact people get purple gear easily.

Which I might add is idiotic, seeing as like cataclysm, heroic dungeons really only drop blues.

They are not handing anyone anything. God forbid not everyone has time to dedicate multiple days to an online game. They want to be able to do things at their own pace. IMO, WoW has never been better. The hardcore PvP and raiders still exist, and still have the best gear for their respective areas. I can't go and get Heroic PvE gear running dungeons or Amazing PvP gear without doing Arena and getting a decent rating.

This isn't directed at anyone in particular in this thread. I'm just commenting in general about what thoughts pop into my head when people say things like what I quoted. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. Hawthorne

Believe me I began playing in beta before vanilla wow even was out and I tell you that this is a lot better of a system than it used to be trust me they are really trying and you say welfare epics are degrading everything, Yes kinda in the sense it is less hard to get the items but believe me go do Heroic Rag in firelands even now it is still rough. I have killed it maybe 10 times total ever because I despise the fight and how overly hard it is. Sure some fights are easier than others but you know what if you had raided in cata you would know that some of the fights were downright super hard if you had one person mess up you die. Yeah that reminds me of a lot of fights so yeah the attitude of blizz is doing bad things because they can is dumb no they are not doing bad things just cause there is reasoning.

20. ForceAndVerve

Jelly. Heroics are dropping nothing but Agi leather and plate for me. -.-