1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telling your friends about EC.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SkyDiver, Jul 4, 2012.

?

Do you tell your friends about EC?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    21.5%
  2. No

62 vote(s)
    78.5%
  1. PerfectCalamity

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Honestly I'd rather keep this site a secret from the people I know.
    I'm not ready for them to even start thinking about what I'm trying to figure out, or have them know since a lot of my friends are ignorant towards the subject.

2. BudderMC

This. I have no issues with specifying EC, it's just that I doubt my friends really care that much, being straight and stuff. If I had LGBT friends I'd probably bring it up more.

3. Aldrick

I'd tell someone if I thought they could benefit from coming here, otherwise, I'd not say anything. Like other people have said, this is a safe place for me. I'd prefer to keep it that way.

It's kinda like any other support group, I guess. If you see someone struggling with the same issues, you'd invite them to the group, because well - you know they'd understand. However, you wouldn't invite just anyone to come to your support group just to hang out.

4. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I wouldn't mention it by name, since I don't want someone I know to look here and watch me- it would make it hard to be openly and honestly me here.

I would mention this site as "a site I go to," or something vague like that. If I thought it was relevant, I wouldn't hide that it's a LGBT board.

5. Vernox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Lol, not a chance. I'm not out at all, soo...

6. laras

I have had one friend ask what I was doing while posting on my phone, told him I was on EC he asked what it was, told him empty closets... He thought I was on a website for organizing closets... Fyi he is as straight as they come... Went in one ear and out the other lol!

7. Aldrick

LOL. :roflmao:

8. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I have mentioned it in generic terms a few times. Nothing wrong with them knowing that I do, on occasion, connect to the gay hive-mind on the internet :wink:

Never by name, though. I'm a tad too visible on here to feel entirely comfortable with the idea of them reading along.

As others have said, though: if I had any friends who'd seem like they were struggling with sexuality/gender issues, I would give them a pointer.

9. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've mentioned it to a few by name, and a few in general terms..

10. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tell all the people struggling with their sexuality. I love this forum, I think it's a great safe way to help others.

11. lilbitlost

I tell people im on lgbt support forum, i dont say the name, but if they asked i would, in a heartbeat. I also leave a tab with EC open on my browser all the time, in fact my browser now recommends EC to me all the time when i open a new tab :grin:

My bro was round the other day harassing my comp with hits for his websites and advertising and he started laughing his arse off at how his adverts automatically changed to gay related things thanks to the wizardry of google and my browsing history. We had a good chuckle. He also spotted a tab i had open looking at gay rings, he thought it was something far kinkier as the tab said something like 'discreet black' at the beginning, it was hilarious, think he was disappointed it was just a ring i was looking at :grin:

12. Fiddledeedee

I just say "a forum" if I mention anything about here, because I don't particularly want them finding me and they wouldn't be interested. If any of them were to ask me seriously about help with sexuality stuff, I would do my best and I would point them here.

13. EllieSong

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I only told one friend about it 'cause I trust her and I know that even if she went to see it...well, she knows me better than EC so :slight_smile:
    I don't want any other friend to know for now, though. I think it'd be really easy for people who actually know me to find out who I am on here.
    I keep a tab open but it's a bit hidden, because I don't want my mum to see it (though she doesn't use my laptop xD)

But, as others said, if I knew anyone who's struggling with their sexuality I'd tell them :slight_smile:

14. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, I don't really have anyone to tell. No friends. Not sure if I would or not.. it's interesting to consider the option though.

I always feel like I'm going to find someone here who I know in real life.

15. Catkin

No, I don't tell my friends. I'm not out, and am definitely not sure enough myself about my sexuality to answer the inevitable questions that would follow if I told them. Also, as loads of other people have said, this is my place to hide out, if I knew my friends were looking at this site, then I probably wouldn't be as open or reveal as much.
    It took me ages to find EC though and it's been really helpful for me. So even though I don't want to actually tell someone I think I'm probably still going to find some completely anonymous way of getting the word about this site out there. Stick a poster on a bathroom door or something.

16. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

If my girlfriend read what I post here, she would probably kidnap me and call Children's Services...

17. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Nope I don't tell anyone as I'm not out.. If i was to mention the site, it would be just something like 'a forum'.

I don't do tabs (preferring a separate window instead) I do sometimes leave an EC window open :slight_smile:
    Oh and as for seeing 'gay' ads.. NOPE all that google-ad-spyware thats infecting the net (and others too) - blocked! Anymore I pretty much can't stand to use a computer other than my own because of all the ads on on websites

18. Rinto

Rinto Guest

I told my gay bestfriend about it, and everyone else of my friends who are LGBT but no one really liked the idea of going here. Perhaps they're just too busy..

19. MathMan

the only people that know I'm on EC is two male friends with whom I've messed around with in the past. I came out to them as well. figured they wouldn't be real surprised since we did the nasty

20. Harve

I don't discuss any forums of any sort over the internet. My friends would be, um, disapproving at the fact I have 11,000 posts on another forum - it's not the content really. I do browse forums if I'm hanging around at others' houses or if they're at mine, and I don't mind if they catch a glance. I'm not too bothered!

I don't know anyone IRL that uses forums though, so ehh.