1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook "interested in": The poll

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LaurieAnderson, May 17, 2012.

?

How do you list your "interested in" on facebook?

1. I'm straight and I have my "interested in" filled out correctly

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  2. I'm straight and I do not have my "interested in" filled out

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
  3. I am openly gay or bisexual and have my "interested in" filled out correctly

47 vote(s)
    29.6%
  4. I am openly gay or bisexual and do not have my "interested in" filled out

35 vote(s)
    22.0%
  5. I am a closeted gay or bisexual and have my "interested in" filled out incorrectly

12 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. I am a closeted gay or bisexual and do not have my "interested in" filled out

55 vote(s)
    34.6%
  7. I do not have facebook

7 vote(s)
    4.4%
  1. SkyHunter

SkyHunter Guest

I hate that too, it's not fair. I currently have it set to "women", because there are important people for me that still don't know I'm pan and I want to tell them personally, not via Facebook. When they know, even if it's incorrect, I'll check "men" too.

PS: Has anyone tried to tell Facebook about this? We could probably change it if a lot of people go and tell them.

2. JRNagoya

I'm finally out and open with FB showing my interest in men. And earlier today, I even changed my relationship status to reflect that I have a boyfriend. It's amazing how quickly things can change for the good once you reach a happy point in your life and you no longer fear what others would think.

3. I don't have a Facebook, but if I did, I probably wouldn't show my "interested in" section. I also wouldn't show my "political views" or "religion" sections either, because if you knew me, you'd most likely already be aware of that information.

4. Sayu

My case isn't in the options - I am a closeted gay or bisexual and I have my "interested in" filled out correctly :grin:

Well, I don't know if it is correct, I'm still questioning, but I filled both men and women.

And I have my mum in my friends. But I guess nobody cares what is written there, so I hope she doesn't too or maybe I secretly hope that she will find it out one day and ask me :grin:

5. Deaf Not Blind

weird...i not ever fill mine out and been on since 2009, and was trying to tell myself i was a straight female (who just secretly had wet dreams of sex with women as a man). i wonder if anybody has noticed that?

6. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't have my "interested in" section filled out. I also don't have my relationship status.

7. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Out, but leave it blank.

My Facebook is more of a tool to keep tabs on friends than to really tell others about myself. So even though I'm out to pretty much everyone I have on there, and wouldn't care too much if the others found out... I just never really got around to update it. If anything, I'm gradually removing things instead of adding to it.

8. Leif

At the moment I have two facebook profiles. One for my family and friends I'm not out to, and one with my proper name, sexuality and interests. I would prefer it if they had more options though. I feel like I'm leaving part of myself out just picking one or both.