1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook "interested in": The poll

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LaurieAnderson, May 17, 2012.

?

How do you list your "interested in" on facebook?

1. I'm straight and I have my "interested in" filled out correctly

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  2. I'm straight and I do not have my "interested in" filled out

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
  3. I am openly gay or bisexual and have my "interested in" filled out correctly

47 vote(s)
    29.6%
  4. I am openly gay or bisexual and do not have my "interested in" filled out

35 vote(s)
    22.0%
  5. I am a closeted gay or bisexual and have my "interested in" filled out incorrectly

12 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. I am a closeted gay or bisexual and do not have my "interested in" filled out

55 vote(s)
    34.6%
  7. I do not have facebook

7 vote(s)
    4.4%
  1. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

When I first had Facebook I leave that info out, not because I’m closeted or ashamed but because it’s no one’s fucking business. I don’t have my orientation, school, political views, or religious views on Facebook. Why? BECAUSE IT’S NO ONE’S FUCKING BUSINESS. So, I could care less if someone feels they know my orientation because it’s not there on Facebook. Get to know me by my character, not by what I am or may be.

2. Pippa

Pippa Guest

It's like, I dunno as it's "closeted" anymore. I always left the "interested in" part blank, but I've been "preparing" my friends on FB by making a lot of pro-gay rights posts, so they may not be quite so surprised when I decide to reveal it to them.... I seriously wonder though, how many people may already have either figured it out or knew from before....

3. FJ Cruiser

I had it filled out incorrectly until last fall. Now it's blank. I wouldn't call myself closeted, I'm just selective about who I share that piece of information with, and that doesn't include the facebook world for me.

4. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate fb interested in... I am pansexual and there is no option for that. But then nobody sees pans very well on those sites.

5. aeva

I feel like the only people that look at that section are those that are actively interested. I know if I'm crushing on a girl, I'll check that part out, but that's really the only time I do it. I'm not out to some of my extended family members, which is the only reason I don't have it listed on my own page. I would rather tell them in person than have them find out online.

I think most people know that a blank 'interested in' section means that the person is gay/bi though...

6. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you could go with men and women, but... idk. Still might not fix the situation.

Also, I've just updated my interested in correctly. Yay for being officially-officially-Facebook-out. :eusa_danc

7. Stormy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't have that section filled out but I'll put 'interested in men' on the same day I can also put 'in a relationship'.

8. FJ Cruiser

I admit I take it as a sign if they don't have it filled out, but I know plenty of straight people that don't have it filled out because they don't want to use facebook as a dating website.

9. GayJay

I have about 450 friends on Facebook. I do know all of these people but name or briefly but don't speak to them on a daily basis, so they do not need to know anything about my sexuality, even though i am no closeted.

10. kem

kem

I've put all my friends (not family etc.) on a list and my 'interested in' is visible to them, but not to others.

I voted for the third option, because excluding my family I'm openly gay.

11. roborama

I don't have it filled out but I'm openly queer; it's mostly because a) if youre important you already know and b) i dont think the categories of men and women fit all people or explain my sexuality properly

12. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've just correctly filled out my interested in the other day. Yay for being officially out on Facebook! :grin:

13. InkStain

InkStain Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am openly gay to most people that have my facebook. The only thing keeping me from filling it in is those crazy extended family members that made me be friends with them at Christmas time, haha.

14. Deaf Not Blind

Sorry, you did not include anything for us who are transgender. :frowning2:
    So I screwed your poll. I put "straight" and not answered.
    What option else could be more right?
    I am a straight ftm after all! :wink:

15. piratealisonnn

I don't even have my 'interested in' showing hahahaha. No one's even noticed *knock on wood*

16. Aareon

I tend to just leave my facebook somewhat blank and dead so having my "intersted in" section would be pointless. No one is going to look there anyway.
    There's also no point in comming out on facebook for me. The people who are important to me already know.

17. phliper12

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    left it blank... no one will notice... no one will question... all is well

18. Nemo39122

I'm bi, but leave the "interested in" section blank on facebook. What I've found interesting is that literally everyone I know IRL who is LGBT does the same thing, yet all the straight people I know fill in their "interested in" section pointing out they're straight, lol.

19. timo

I'm Facebook obsessed but have not filled in my "interested in", neither have I filled in my relationship status (single). I don't feel any need to share this on Facebook, not even when I'll be fully out or be in a relationship.

20. Lewis

Is there any truth in people without and interested section possibly being gay/bi? I have a friend (associate) that has recently come out and his is blank and another few people that I know are gay with blank sections. Almost all of my straight friends have it filled in. So the statistics show, it's quite accurate.