1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he gay or just...different?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jon56, May 12, 2012.

1. cscipio

First off, I'm glad I randomly checked in and got curious about this thread. I'm excited to see it went somewhere and am envious of your friend :wink:

From a moderate/heavy moderate fetisher's point of view (though I'm sure it varies from person to person) penetration doesn't mean squat to me. In fact, I'm hardly interested in it and think of it as more of a byproduct of kink fantasies of being tied up (again, just my point of view).

As a fetisher the object of the fetish is far more important - socks, feet, shoes, genitals - in that order. Case and point, I'm extremely lucky to have a straight friend with model feet. I finally leveled with him what I thought of his feet. He let me rub his feet and gave me the socks he was wearing. We've talked about it quite a few times - his girlfriend thinks it's cute, he thinks it feels good, and I completely get off on it after he leaves. Honestly, I find that satisfying - he's very attractive, but I respect his being straight and am perfectly fine with what we both consider a mutually satisfying series of encounters.

Going back to your question - he could feel that way for a few different reasons:

1) Like I stated above - satisfying the fetish is really enough - if I had a boyfriend, we'd have sex but really only because he wanted to or I was so wound up in ecstasy that I'd escalate it.

2) He's still struggling with being gay. I only came out a year ago myself and even then I'm not fully out. I had my first fetish encounter at third grade. As a child, I knew I liked it but it was easy to play off as a game. As I got older the desire remained though the encounters were less and less frequent. It was much easier to satisfy than homosexual activity though since the fetish didn't require another person (necessarily) Point is I grew reliant on the fetish being an outlet to the point that even though semi-out aside from some oral encounters, I have drastic reluctance to penetration but would start sucking toes, licking feet, and sniffing socks at slightest request.

3) He genuinely doesn't want penetration - I'd feel safe to assume there are some like that.

What I will say is this: I feel confident that any man on earth who wants to put another mans feet on his face, in his mouth, or near his crotch is doing so sexually. I've heard of one guy on a fetish sight I frequent that wants male feet but desires females sexually. For him, it was a kinky dominance thing. I'd say only he knows the truth of that.

FWIW - thank you for being open to it. I find it harder to talk about my fetish than I do coming out. I've thought of deleting this response a few times now. It's funny how you said it feels good - my straight friend loves it. Strictly as a massage to him, but all the same - he's glad I had the courage to approach him on it.

2. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Thats really... Different! Hehe kinda weird. I dont know what to think! Gay or just weird?!

3. Jon56

I basically told him about how it is hard for me to get out of the house because my mom is so paranoid that I might be gay that every time I go out it is a game of 20 questions. I also told him I have 2 older gay brothers. We also told each other stories of when other guys were awkwardly checking us out. I definitely could have said more, but I told him it's difficult for me to open up. I'm sure he knows though unless he is completely oblivious.

I suppose my problem at this point is:
    1. Does he have feelings for me passed friendship
    2. If we will actually keep in contact once he moves... he says he will and has stated how cool it would be if I visited him or moved up there as well, but we will see. Im mostly anxious for when he deletes his facebook to see if he adds me back.

---------- Post added 1st Jan 2013 at 10:16 PM ----------

Thanks a lot for that information! Any of those are plausible explanations, and they definitely help looking at the situation from his perspective (in terms of the whole fetish). As he was putting my socks back on last time, he asked if I liked what he did and I of course said that I did. He said "that's good". Whats funny about the socks business is he indirectly told me to wear my dress socks, and he seemed to reaaaally like that :icon_wink.

That's cool you have that arrangement with your friend! I find it all feels pretty good, the best parts being the sucking or licking (basically what get me going, the rubbing and such is just like getting a foot massage though). I find it isnt as hard to accept things like fetishes when you're gay seeing as how it is just another thing about someone that they can't help.

Anyways, I'm gonna try and get to hang out with him at least once more before he leaves, and try to talk about this whole situation we have. Wish me luck!