1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are You Thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Martin, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGreyMan

Oh dear god hnnng.

Certain person relevant to current mood approached me today when I was drumming like an idiot with my eyes closed to a song in my head.

He was so genuinely nice though and was ok with the fact I was being a dumbass. God, I smiled so hard and I think my cheeks turned bright freaking red.

That was embarrassing >_>

2. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My professors cancelled the End of the Year Sociology Party. That was my last chance to say goodbye. They don't seem to care that there are graduates this year that might have enjoyed getting some kind of food or party. I would've enjoyed home-cooked food.

5 years of working and they don't care. Whatever, they can screw off.

3. Bolin

I haven't even applied to this college yet, and I'm already rethinking my field of study...I'm just so lost, and I'm honestly not at all interested in any field of study except music...but that's not a practical choice in my current situation. :icon_sad:

4. Kidd

Kidd Guest

You could always double-major. Major in music and then something practical, or you could minor in music. You've got options. ^_^

Anyway, I submitted my JonBenet Ramsey paper today and I felt sick about it, I feel like I could have done more. I've been working on it for so long I almost can't accept that it's finally over. This is how mothers must feel when they have to kick their 40 year old children out of the house.

5. Of Mice and Men

Two words: NYAN. CAT.

That will be all~~~

6. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Something interesting happened today.

It was my birthday and this evening I played my violin in a student production of 'The Mikado' with the opera society. Afterwards we went out for curry, as is customary after the first performance of every show. When we got there, the WHOLE SOCIETY (including cast, orchestra, lighting, tech, backstage, EVERYONE) started singing (and harmonizing) Happy Birthday and my friend produced this MASSIVE birthday card that everyone had signed. I felt SO LOVED it was unbelievable! <3

Now, the interesting thing that happened was that a certain person had signed it. A girl who I have a bit of history with, let's call her E, had signed it. She was in the last opera society production and we kind of hooked up at the after show party but nothing came of it. She wrote happy birthday on the card and signed it - but with the name of her character from the last show (Donna Anna - from Mozart's 'Don Giovanni'). This is interesting because a) I thought we weren't friends after what happened and b) She does know that I know her by her actual name (not just her character name). I felt a little bemused and slightly happy by the gesture, even though we basically haven't spoken at all since what happened before.

All of the above is just a massive overanalysis, but it's interesting all the same. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Drakey

I put the new registration tags on my license plate and then the That 70s Show theme song started playing in my head xD

8. Bolin

My dad called today about an hour ago. Something I did not need today. Definitely did not need today.

9. Drakey

ever feel a certain connection to a time in the past? I feel like I belong in the 1960s but here I am stuck in a decadent decade plagued by technology and evil x.x Not saying that the 60s were all that pure and awesome, but I feel like I would belong there..

10. BudderMC

Why are people not content with sitting in silence? You know, those friends who feel like they have to keep a conversation going if a lull happens?

Not meant in an antisocial way, but for me, I know I'm good friends/close to someone if I can be comfortable sitting in silence.

11. Level75

People are just used to hearing noise. Any noise. Even if it's unbearably annoying noise.

I guess people look too deeply into it if there is a lack of talking going on. Nothing left to talk about? No longer have common interests? Someone's bored of me?

An idea I've heard of though is that people crave noise as external stimulation. It acts like a distraction. If you don't have that, you turn inwardly. And I guess people don't always like what they see when they examine their own inner lives.

Interesting thing I noticed. I'm an atheist so I don't believe in God. But whenever I would be in a silent church, like where I'm the only person standing in there, that's the closest I ever feel like I'm having a religious experience. Insert people, and most specifically, a preacher, and the religious experience ends and the annoyance begins. So I've wondered to myself. Maybe I'm not a believer because this world is too damn loud.

12. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My day.... Edit Edit Edit and Edit some more. Once I finished that.... I now have to pack. Going home for the summer sucks..

13. inikywx3

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Essay outline due Friday, first draft due Monday, final draft due Friday, finals & choosing classes for next semester....yeah thats all

14. Jonathan

English project due on Friday morning...three essays left to go. Tomorrow is going to be a bad day =/

15. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Congrats on the wedding! <3 Sorry you're broke. (*hug*)

---------- Post added 2nd May 2012 at 09:30 PM ----------

Doing the Insanity workout.

Today was Day 3. I'm so tired and achy. I sweat like a mad jut after the warm up, I can't keep up with the whole workout all the way through. I get headaches after I finish every disc. A part of me just wants to quit so bad and have myself some mud pie ice cream and a brownie!!

But a bigger part of me knows I need to stick with this. I can do it, so I will do it. Wish me luck tomorrow for Day 4. Woot! :grin:

Also re-watched the latest episode of Game of Thrones and have been thinking about Daenerys' future. I can't wait until she finally passes the narrow sea and starts getting into the fight for the Iron Throne with the rest of the characters. I also caught the date of the premiere of True Blood, so I've been thinking about the whole time slot situation since I know Game of Thrones won't be finished by the time True Blood aires. Both shows come on the same channel at the same time, so I'm curious about how the shows are gonna get switched around and such.

16. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    After worriying about how I was doing in class, I found out that I'm not the worst. Not the best, but not the worst, and that'll do until I can get more practice to become really not the worst at all.

17. Mobiusponder

College is ending in two days. I have graduation on Sunday. In other words:
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
    Also, Lavender Graduation exists. But meh. I didn't go, because I'm closeted.

#517 Mobiusponder, May 2, 2012
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
  18. Mad Man L

Well I beat my ex-crush in Cross Country today. :3 He also figured out why I hate him, and gave a dick response, as expected. Yeah, thanks to you I almost lost one of my closest friends.

19. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I need to stop overanalyzing things. It probably didn't mean anything.

20. awesomeap88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Less than 3 hours to go until I turn 24 :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.