1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd things about you

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hexagon, Feb 17, 2012.

1. BudderMC

I shower with the light off/in the dark (daylight is acceptable). I find it more relaxing, or meditative, or better for thinking, or whatever you want to call it.

2. Allecto

I wish I could do this, but I'm scared that my roommates will hear me. It's the same reason why I don't practice singing, even though I really should. D:

- I always eat red candies last. I also have specific eating orders for Skittles and Sweet Tarts.
    - I'm a sucker for religious imagery, especially Catholic imagery. I'm probably one of the five people who enjoyed Nicki Minaj's Grammy performance.
    - Whenever I listen to music, I make up music videos and choreography in my head.
    - I assign music to some of my articles of clothing and coordinates.

3. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Me too!! :grin:

I always eat my Skittles in reverse rainbow order. Purple, Green, Yellow, Orange, then Red. I've always eaten them this way, I wonder why... I hate Sweet Tarts though. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. fatalmoon91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah all of these things are true of me as well....but then again i also have that vegetables make me nauseous when cooked, and i have "religious views" based off of the Greeks, Druids Buddhists and various other groups involving 8 gods, fates, and the existence of spirits in everything. most people who hear me talk about them find me odd anyways ^^

oh and i almost forgot
    i don't like bacon but i would cook it just to smell it.
    i sit in the shower but refuse to take a bath.
    and in one week i went from not liking apple pie, to loving it, to hating it with a passion.
    i shave at 2-3 in the morning.
    and i move like a "jungle mongoose" according to my professor.

#64 fatalmoon91, Feb 25, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  5. Noahroxursox

I can eat half a jar of peanut butter in one sitting (I've done this before, and I talked weird for hours after)
    I sometimes straighten my hair right before I get in the shower.
    My family thinks I'm depressed and a recluse, when in reality I'm one of the most social people in my circle of friends

6. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My sandwiches are usually bacon & mustard, and I hate ketchup & lunch meat.

I like to touch lines (though that's part of a disorder my parents think I have -- aspergers, but I haven't been diagnosed)

I'm fascinated by time.

I talk to myself a lot, including in my sleep (according to my parents).

I've memorized 56 digits of pi.

If I'm at home, the only place I'll read is in my bed in my bedroom. No where else. :$

I eat all the good stuff last.

When I'm not hungry and there's candy on my plate (such as Skittles), I'll make piles of the candy organized by color. Or if there's enough room on my plate, I'll make a smiley face; with the right colors, too. :$

7. Custard

My comfort food has always been white bread. I peel off the crust. Take two or three more slices of white bread and peel off the crust, then roll all the white bread into a ball. And then eat it. It's so bad for you, I know. >.<

Whenever I'm eating a sandwich, burger, or sub, I ALWAYS peel off any excess substances. If the bun is bigger than the meat, I'll peel off the excess bun until it is level with the meat. If cheese is dangling off the sides, or lettuce is peaking out, I'll rip it off until it is all level. .-.

I am obsessed with children, I love them so much. ♥

Moving clouds in the sky astound me.

I believe fake nails can potentially rip off the pre-existing ones.

I don't believe in Bigfoot, but I believe in ghosts.

#67 Custard, Feb 25, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  8. ultrabluecheese

I find that I am more drawn toward and connected to fictional characters than I am to actual people.

9. Cascade

I always have to have something to drink whenever I eat. And the drink must last until I'm done my food, then I finish it off in a sip or two.

10. Hexagon

This.

11. Lark

Lark Guest

I have a chair in my room, but I only ever sit on my bed. Right now I'm on my bed, with my feet on the chair.

If I have multi-coloured pasta (you know, the kind with normal, orange and green pasta) I'll always save the normal colour last, and eat the green first.

I have a very loud voice, and I often shout without realising it.

I listen to music almost constantly, and tend to hum or sing a lot (even in the company of other people, which can be a little embarressing)

I like to tap out little drum beats or rhythms with my finger or hum them when I'm bored.

12. TriCube

I like to eat raw spaghetti.

I roll my clothes instead of folding them. Hangers freak me out.

My socks have to match.

I find cleaning the lint out of dryers deeply satisfying.

I can identify roughly 200 different species of trees based on leaf, bud, bark, or stem characteristics alone.

I collect bottle openers from places I've traveled to.

13. silkfrog1292

I like opera

I like to read books no one my age reads

I collect hotel slippers, especially the towel ones

I'm crushing on a guy that hates me (masochist much?)

I'm from Australia but i have an American accent

I hate bananas (yes even dancing ones disgusts me)

14. OhCrap

OhCrap Guest

I just thought of some other odd things:

-I'm irrationally afraid of steam. I've probably mentioned this on another thread; but any time there's a kettle screeching or fog in the bathroom I get really nervous. If there's a lot I leave the room. It can also spread to any other white clouds of gas, like car exhaust fumes. I think it probably comes from having terrible asthma and knowing what it's like to not be able to breathe for an extended period of time, so anything looking like it can suffocate me is terrifying on an insanely personal level.

- I'm a very twitchy person; my mannerisms and hand gestures make it look like I suffer from some kind of neurological disorder. Which makes perfect sense because I do. :slight_smile:

- I don't really have interests, I have a series of obsessions, none of which are anything people my age should honestly give a shit about.

-Sometimes people just smell weird to me. No, I don't mean like BO, I mean like having a natural, slightly sickening smell. Makes me feel guilty because most of these people are perfectly nice, and yet I can't even stand to be in the same room with them!

15. duriru

I use at least three towels to dry myself after a shower.

16. shane1503

shane1503 Guest

I do not eat any chocolate - except for a flake
    I can only sleep when y cat is lying on my neck
    I believe my driving is influenced by the shoes I'm wearing
    I always feel like I'm being watched
    I'm scared of strangers
    I am scared of driving in the bus
    I cannot sit comfortably without clenching my fists ^^

and after I've been driving for half an hour or so - when I'm alone I start talking to my car (for ex: "okay baby we're going to go on the motorway now so we can drive fast") ^^

#76 shane1503, Feb 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2012
  17. fatalmoon91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i thought of some others as well....
    my mannerisms change on a daily basis everything from how i climb the stairs to how i sit in a chair or stand is different each time i do it.
    i hate sleep but generally my body tries to keep me asleep for almost 15 hours.
    i have a sleep disorder that makes me nocturnal and makes it nearly impossible to fall asleep when the moon is out.
    i am a theatre student in college.

18. ok455

I watch game shows all the time- Especially Weakest Link And Who wants to be a Millionaire? i have to explain my obsession with new people i meet.

I like to listen to Malcolm x Speeches

I like to touch guys and sometimes female hair mainly White people and Hispanic people with straight hair. It doesn't turn me on or anything i just like the feel of it. I can be at a store and i would stare down someone hair.

I can spend hours reading about different cities its funny how much i learn about different states.

I made most of my friends on facebook

People always tell me their personal business especially at work someone tells me if their cheating, Late on their bills, Deadbeat spouse/divorce etc.

And when i listen to music i always fantasize about stuff

And im making my office area into a retail design from different stores. Props and fixtures and stuff

#78 ok455, Feb 26, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  19. kem

kem

I am very good at imagining and picturing things in my head, provided that it's dark and silent enough (I know it's odd). Squares, buildings, photos, events that took place a while ago, sounds. If I try to remember things they are like puzzles, occasionally a lot of the pieces are missing.

20. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I can't fall asleep any earlier than 2 AM.

The only way I can sleep is with a fan blowing directly in my face, the colder the better.

I refuse to use the same toothbrush more than once.

It's impossible for me to cry, because every time I'm about to, I end up yawning instead.