1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If there were a straight pill

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GoogieHowser, Feb 3, 2012.

?

Would you take a straight pill?

1. Yes, I want to be straight

116 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. No, I like being LGBT

255 vote(s)
    68.7%
  1. Aria

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Besides, our clubs and bars are much more fun than the straight ones.

2. Rarar

I'm not sure...a few months ago, I would have craved for it. Now? I'm actually proud of being gay. It's opened my eyes to the world and made me be more accepting of others.

Also, I think straight guys have a lot of pressure put upon them as well - they have to be macho and really heterosexual, whereas anything goes with us homos! :wink: Seriously, though, with gays, it doesn't matter if you act straight or camp - it's fine. But with straights, if you act even the tiniest bit feminine, you're judge and called gay. So in some respects, it's actually easier to be gay.

Now, if it was a pill that made sure you didn't have any crushes on straight guys, well, that's another story...

#102 Rarar, Aug 18, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  3. Unknowing

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I would because my family is the most important thing in my life and if they knew was bi or gay (still not sure if i am confused right) i would never get to see them again from being disowned and I know people will say they don't deserve me but I still love them and they are pretty much my entire world and i would rather some else be happy than me it is just the kind of person i am i am happiest when others are happy. The one i would miss the most is my baby niece she is my whole world

4. Aldrick

While being gay has never been easy, I wouldn't change it for the world. If I had a choice, I'd be gay all over again. There may be aspects of my life that I don't like, but being gay isn't one of them. Every negative and difficult experience that I've had has shaped me into who I am today... and I'm proud of who I am.

It was the struggles, especially the hard ones, that ended up making me strong.

5. PurpleCrab

As a bisexual transman, I would absolutely NOT take that pill!! haha

...unless it magically switched my body into a 100% male equivalent of the body I'm in now....

I love being bisexual. It does open doors for me; and it's not like if I needed both genders to be satisfied. All I NEED is my wife to stay at my side. But for the rest, having some women make me completely mindless by them being attractive, some men having me fantasize about them for weeks, is 100% enjoyable. I get NO bad sides from being bisexual and assuming myself; my friends are already sorted through and I kept just the real ones.

If anything, if there was a pill for me to be just as attracted to men as I am attracted to women, I'd take THAT one!!(!)

6. stephenjack

I probably would have said "yes" initially but now thinking about it i am saying "no". If i was born like this, it must be for a reason and its part of who i am and ive lived with it for 15 years so im no giving up now and its a challenge but thats life and its what makes my life more adventurous and interesting so...I WOULD STAY THE WAY I AM.

7. J Snow

It appears I voted in this thread many moons ago, but I said "No I like being LGBT." However, let me elaborate that that is assuming I would remain as a heterosexual cisgender male. If It were to make me a cisgender female I would do it regardless of my sexual orientation after. I think I would actually prefer to be bi afterwards as I like the sense of comradery within the LGBTQ community.

8. Fruitbomb

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I would only take it if it was jammed Down my fucking throat. :slight_smile:

9. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

I wouldn't take it. I feel like not being straight is what I'm supposed to be, and besides, I honestly haven't had a hard time with it at all, nobody gives me any trouble, so I wouldn't see a reason to take a straight pill. I'm fine with how I am, and, I know that me being straight isn't... right, it's not supposed to be, it would never be.

10. RainDreamer

Depending.
    For me, the most important thing right now is to be able to live in my correct body, because it is painful being trapped in a meat prison, an alien body that rejects me as much as I reject it.
    If the pill is able to give me the body I need, perfectly ,then obviously I would take it.
    If the pill is able to change the wiring in my brain that is causing this gender dysphoria and make me accept the body I am in now, then I might, reluctantly, take it. Because even though I treasure the way I am inside now almost more than everything, I rather have this pain gone.
    In any other cases, no, I prefer to be like this, and have this body changed to be more comfortable to me.

11. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I first started questioning my sexuality, I might have been tempted, simply because it would've made the path smoother. But I'm totally happy I went down the path I did, and I wouldn't take it now for any sum of money. :slight_smile:

Lex

12. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, I'm amazed how many people would take the pill given if given a choice. I would not take it because during the past five years, I've put myself through hell and back trying to accept being gay. I wouldn't be who I am today if I wasn't gay. I truly believe being gay has made me a stronger person.

I stand up for what I believe in now, I voice my opinion more often; it's really given me the courage to step out of my confront zone. I mean, saying that I'd take the pill is like admitting there is something wrong with me. I was born this way and whether nature and or nurture contributed to my homosexuality, obviously there was nothing I could have done to prevent it.

In that case would u take a pill that could take away any other trait that you disliked about yourself? That's a rhetorical question, but it's just something to think about.

13. Jeremy

I'd be one of the mutants standing in line for the cure. But we all know that if scientists DID make this pill.... it would be forced upon us anyway. In the long run, I don't think we'd actually get a choice.

14. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You know what, I wouldn't be surprised even though it would be a total violation of our rights to be forcefully given something that we may or may not want to take. I think it'd be given at birth or during pregnancy. I love the mutant reference :grin:

15. Akatosh

I would take it, most definitely.

16. mattypants

id much rather a 'masc' pill to be a passing gay P:

17. Caudex

Caudex Guest

I totally agree with Owen. Yes, it's central to my identity; no, my identity would not suddenly be lost. People keep saying, "but I met my best friend at a pride rally!" But there are way more people out there, so for every door opened being gay, 20 close.

18. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, I would never want such a thing. I love being gay. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

19. J200587

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Not sure. If you would have asked me this 3-4 years ago, I would have answered "yes" and punched you in the face until such thing existed.

Nowadays, I'm becoming more confident and proud. Nature made me this way, and it's not all bad. So I'm about 50/50.

20. Hengrove22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Without a doubt, I'd take it in an instant! If only a pharmaceutical could, theyd make a lot of money. I often wonder if there was a pill that pregnant women could take to stop their children being gay, they would, almost definitely. As a gay child means the end of
    Your family line, no one wants that!