1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Games that made you cry?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by VaultBoy, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me, there's only two games:

Final Fantasy X - I always feel bad for Yuna at the end of the game.

Don't take it personally, babe, it just ain't your story - When Akira was being bullied by Taylor.

2. ShayminFan37

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future.... (spoiler alert)

Poor Layton, losing Claire at the end... For the second time, no less!!!

3. Peregrine

Final Fantasy X did it to me; I managed to hold it together until Yuna was whistling on the dock. It's not my favorite FF, but man, I'm only human.

4. b0i70y

As it turns out, Mass Effect 3.

R.I.P. my friends.

5. Nero

ninja gaiden two belive it or not tears of frustration as for tears of sadness cod mw2 so many good men died those seven hours.....

6. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Dragon Age 2. Seriously. After my sister died I went and replayed two hours (I'd accidently saved over my stuff in the Deep Roads) so I didn't lose her. Then I lost her anyway to the Circle. And then when Mother died... I bawled my eyes out. No shit.

When I played through as a mage, though, and took Carver down to the Deep Roads I couldn't wait to be rid of the prick. LOL.

Either way I feel so sorry for Hawke, particuarly if you romanced Anders. First you lose one sibling. Then the other (whether to death, the Circle/Templars or Wardens) then your mother, and you've lost your father three years before the events of the game... and if you romance Anders and help him, you just know that unless you side with the mages and go on the run with him, you're going to lose him too, he'll be executed by the Templars.

The Warden out of Origins is a pretty sad thing too. Spending 30 hours developing a character and growing to love them... and then you could die! And romanced Zevran's epilogue if his partner made the Ultimate Sacrifice is so sad... 'though offered many bedmates over the years, he never loved again'. *sniffles*

Then Mass Effect. The choice between Kaidan or Ashley... broke my heart. Into a million tiny pieces.

#66 Hana Solo, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  7. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

The World Ends With You

When the game ended i was like.. " NOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!!!! :tears: my life is over!!!!!"

8. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Then its aptly named lol.

9. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I had to google that........ omg ! I am seriously dumming down........ :lol:

10. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    No, I'm just an incurable bookworm with a tendancy to use big words that have fallen out of use lol

11. Anonymous123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    After finishing Rockstar's: Bully (Canis Canem Edit) I was sad for days. It was such a fun journey! The music, characters, missions and scenery left you wishing the game would never end. It's a very powerful game that brings out a lot of emotions for the player.
    I highly suggest it! :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 22nd Mar 2012 at 02:31 AM ----------

Also, too add on my post above -- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney will break your heart!

12. WeirdnessMagnet

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Deus Ex... After I realized that the closest to the "good" ending you can get is, well, to go on with Big Bad's plan, only with you in charge.

And from the recent stuff... Pokemon Black/White. Yes, I mean that cutscene when you really want to just hug N and tell him everything would be all right now, no one is going to manipulate him into doing the very thing he wanted to prevent at all costs. They really made the whole main story bittersweet that way (Cheren realizing his quest is meaningless, Alder and the reason he didn't really battle the last 10 years, the whole deal with the main legendry trio...), which is great.

#72 WeirdnessMagnet, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  13. Waffles

KH 358/2 Days when *spoiler* Xion is fading away in Roxas's arms, and she's telling him to not be sad. I cried for 15 minutes straight before I picked up the game again to finish it. TT^TT

14. FuryOfFirestorm

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Final Fantasy VI. SPOILER ALERT!

Locke and Celes realize their love for each other. Edgar and Sabin become brothers again. Tera lets go of her Esper side. Setzer comes to terms with his girlfriend's death. Cyan copes with the loss of his wife and son. The world rebuilds the damage caused by Kafka and the loss of magic.

Best Final Fantasy game. FOREVER.

15. TheGreyMan

Probably every video game with some sort of depressing moment to it, really. I get easily affected by this kind of stuff.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon really upset me when I was twelve for some reason. World of Warcraft's got quite a few tear jerkers as well, such as the Pamela Redpath line.

16. sanguine

omg this x999999999999

even more sad cause i chose kaiden to be with me on the mission and i was like NOOOOOOOOOOO when i saw him dead on the ground on that last sprint to the citadel portal

WE WERE SUPPOSE TO HAVE A FAMILY TOGETHER :tears:

17. BornAnew

Final Fantasy X -- Ending was really really heart wrenching....*spoiler* Yuna running towards Tidus and going through his now un-solid body gets me everytime

Metal Gear Solid 3 -- Once again the ending here was really sad...all hail Boss.

18. Of Mice and Men

Oh God, so many video games.

Suikoden II - Nanami's death. I seriously bawled myself to sleep that night. Your sister and only family you have left and has been fighting by your side for all of this time, even if she didn't want to be involved in the war, jumps in front of you and your enemy to shield you from a hail of arrows.

Suikoden V - When you have to kill your own aunt after she betrays you so she can reform the country's senate by herself and saving you from getting involved in politics.

Final Fantasy VII - Aeris's death. Aeris was my favorite character in the game, and knowing beforehand that she was going to die made it absolutely agonizing.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - The King of Hyrule's death.

Both Kingdom Hearts Endings

Final Fantasy X - The ending. Oh God, the ending.

The ending of Halo: Reach

and so many more I can't think of D:

19. fireworks

fireworks Guest

Pacman.

I cry every single time he dies.

20. BudderMC

I actually found PMD surprisingly sad (at least the one I played), to be honest. So it's not just you <_<

Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 I remember being sad, too.

PORTAL! At the end of the level with Companion Cube... :tears: it's just terrible!

I lol'd. :grin: