1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

League of Legends

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Gaetan, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Jonathan

I have a new favorite, and his name is Kog'Maw :grin:

2. TheUndiscovered

Is Elise worth the $$$?

3. BudderMC

Kog is so much fun! My favourite carry so far, I think 'cause he's bursty like a mage so he fits my playstyle well.

Elise I find really fun, but not that practical. Well, I've run her mid before but I always feel like there's another mid who would fit my team comp better. I've run her jungle when we didn't need another tanky/AD jungle and she was pretty fun. One of the safest jungle clears I've had so far (only used 1/5 pots I think). I'm sure her ganks are pretty good too, I just need to practice. Still trying to work on a way to build her tankier to make her more viable in teamfights.

Also, Swain is so much fun! I want to buy him, but I also want to buy Vi... I'm torn. :frowning2:

4. toms7

yes she totally worths 6300!!!!

5. Jonathan

Swain is a lot of fun too! Once you get his timing down, it's pretty easy to take out other chars :slight_smile:

6. TheUndiscovered

yes she totally worths 6300!!!![/QUOTE]

I started playing her but I'm not doing so well. It's so frustrating when you're in a losing game and can't leave because of "summoner's code"

7. BudderMC

^ Ahri tips I can think of (that work for me):

1) Don't play too aggressively pre-3, because you can't combo and aren't threatening
    2) Don't harass (like, pure poking) with anything beyond your Q and autoattacks (if you're in range)
    3) Practice hitting opponents at the edge of your Q length. You guarantee you hit them on the way in and the way out and do more damage, and also don't risk missing one or the other. It's also at a safer distance of course
    4) Don't pop charm unless you've got a clear shot, and when you pop charm make sure you have enough mana to expend your orb and foxfires (unless just escaping)
    5) I usually rush a couple of doran's rings after my boots/pots because I like(d) the mana regen and early AP (and it usually saves me needing blue buff, though blue is always great to have). Or skip the dorans and rush a Hextech Revolver. I usually build the revolver straight into a Will of the Ancients

Since they nerfed Ahri a while back, you really need to decide between building things to make her beefy and do less damage, or stacking AP and playing like a nuker/assassin. I prefer the latter usually and go for a Rabadon's after my WotA, but if you want more health try for a Rylai's or Rod of Ages. I've never gone with those before so I dunno how effective it is though. :/

8. Luxord

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Koggie is my favourite ADC champ. He's actually the only ADC I know how to play... I'm also learning how to Sivir, but I can't seem to keep my mana... TT^TT

Anyone try out Vi? Personally, she doesn't appeal to me.. I'm more of the Ranged / Mage type.

9. BudderMC

Bought Syndra. I'm pleased.

Can never have too many AP mids! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Clown

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Syndra is amazing.
    Still trying to calculate exactly when to use my ult though. Meaning, I'm never sure exactly how much it'll hit for because I use it as either a "I hope this is enough damage to kill them" or a "oh crap, I'm in a bad spot. RRRRRRR."

11. BudderMC

^ I spam R so much if I don't plan out when to use it beforehand just in hopes I'll pick up a kill if I'm gonna die anyway. Usually helps win a fight or something when my team comes in just too late to save me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I love how much poke Syndra has though. Our enemies were camping a turret and I poked them all down to 50-60% health almost singlehandedly before we engaged.

12. JustinCookie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never wasted so much money or time on any game except this one. 500+ wins, I've been playing for a few years now. One of the few video games I still play whenever I have free time! :slight_smile:

13. tr0la

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Evelynn is so amazing. Hadn't really played her on ranked games since the buffs and I'm astonished about how easy it is to carry games with her in comparison to most other champions...

And to the guy all the way above... yes, Elise is very worth it. She's OK at jungle but she really shines at mid lane for me, she does insane burst if you can land it right alternating between human and spider form... she also fits my playstyle as a mid lane assassin so it's easy for me to carry games if I can get a couple of good ganks early.

Guys, how 'bout the massive legacy skin sale? I've bought many already.
    Phantom Karthus; Magnificent Twisted Fate; Unmasked Kayle; Hextech Sion; Red Riding Annie; Nottingham Ezreal; Badger Teemo; Toxic Dr. Mundo; Leopard Nidalee; Pharaoh Amumu and my favourite so far: Masquerade Evelynn :3

It's easy to keep up with your mana on Sivir if you can use your shield to that function since if you can block any abilities with it you get a lot of mana back. Also you can always lane with a Soraka =D

#393 tr0la, Dec 25, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  14. Luxord

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can't handle Syndra.. I mean, I end up oom far faster than I should, and I can't seem to land her orbs. idk.. maybe i gave up too soon, but then again it was also when she came out.

The best think about league, is that its FREE and yet we've all shamelessly spent so much money on it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. BudderMC

^ hey, I've spent nothing on it so far! I got gifted one skin from a very generous friend (Hextech Anivia :love: :love: :love:slight_smile:, but that's it. Though as the days go on I get more and more tempted...

@ the guy who plays Elise, TEACH ME YOUR SECRETS. How do you build her, for instance? I've been trying bulky lately, going RoA -> Rylai's and then stacking AP from there...

16. Clown

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Syndra is a LOT better than she was at release. I think you should give her another shot. And if you still mana issues, try a Chalice or a Tear of the Goddess. I'd recommend chalice since it gives the magic resist since you'll mostly be fighting another AP mid.

And yeah Sivir can be mana hungry too. Soraka is a great choice for laning with and if you play draft and they pick someone who uses an obvious ability for harass (Ez's Q, Cait's Q and traps, Teemo's blind, etc) then it's nice for Sivir in lane. If not, manamune isn't too bad since they came out with the manamura (sp). Also, that spell shield works on blitz (I'd still be careful though) and teemo shrooms. So if in doubt, Sivir is an okay choice to those annoying champs. Haha.

I honestly feel like there's no point in getting any of the legacy skins for myself. I either have a skin for most of them or I don't play them enough to get one. Although I do like that yellow jacket and frozen Shen (Scorpion/Sub Zero, anyone?). I don't have him but won't mind picking him up soon for it. Haha.

I've spent a bit on this game too but I figure Riots done a great job so far and I hope to be playing on and off for quite a while now, so why not?

17. Luxord

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'll take your word for it, and try her out next time she's free week :3

If the lane would be Soraka+Sivir, I would usually be the Soraka :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Also, Won't I look silly if I take Manamura on her? D:

I only buy the 900's and lower. I wouldn't waste more than that for a skin.

18. Jonathan

I think maybe Yi is a little over-powered...in a pvp game I just took out their last two turrets and nexus by myself (with some minions) in less than a minute before anyone could stop me (wuju style + highlander + ghostblade)

19. JustinCookie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just picked up Syndra, I'm going to try her out soon, she seems really fun, I like the concept of the orbs and her ult.

I also suggest Vi, she's really fun to play. Interesting concept.

20. TheUndiscovered

I think they should make a system where you can leave a game and someone else can be recruited or if you're AFK too long then you get kicked and someone else is recruited in and depending on how long the game has been going on the person that joins gets a certain amount of gold and levels so he/she doesn't fall behind with everyone else. I hate how long the games are, some can extend up to an hour and I have things that pop up and I can't go or I get "punished" for breaking "summoner's code". It's silly.