1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Purple-out

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lady Gaga, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Miss Modular

Same here. I only had purple headphones, so I made a point of listening to my iPod more than usual.

2. Charme

Charme Guest

Teachers wore purple today! I was so happy.

3. Étoile

There were more people than usual wearing purple today at my college. It was nice to see the support and that people actually cared.

4. Synth177

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am wearing my Jimi Hendrix Purple Haze shirt right now.

5. x2x2x2x2y2

That's great!! :slight_smile:

I remember the first time I wore my rainbow bracelet I pretended like I didn't care, but really I was freaking out inside. lol Things are never as bad as we assume they will be.

6. AlyssWonderland

At least half of my school was wearing purple. And its a pretty big school. I wore a purple cami with a white cardigan over it, purple converse, a mess of purple necklaces, all the purple that came in my sets of rainbow bracelets, I painted my nails purple, and I wore purple eyeliner.
    Almost my entire chorus class wore purple. There were five people that don't have facebook so didn't hear about it, so I gave them some of my purple bracelets to wear. One of the guys even made a sign that said "We miss you, it gets better" in purple letters. Three out of four of my teachers wore it too. It was great to see all the support. I know a group of girls that usually say things like "thats so gay", and they promised they would stop after hearing all the stories and seeing everyone in purple. It easily made my day. :slight_smile:

7. RaRa

I was a bit uneasy because I expected a lot more people at my college to be wearing purple but...they didn't. Than I saw someone from my class wearing a purple scarf and talked with her because I thought maybe it was yesterday but she reassured me I was correct. I wish I saw a bit more but it's all good.

Although I went a bit over the top myself. But now I know how it feels to be constantly looked at for being different, so it was a good learning experience; and people came up to me asking what it was for, so it was nice to educate them. :slight_smile:

8. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I wore purple socks, as that's all the purple I have. Not really visible, but I guess it's the thought that counts.

Didn't see a single person wearing purple, but I'm pretty sure that's because it's not an event that was advertised in Europe.

At least one of my colleagues saw that I was attending this on FB and was very appreciative about it, which did make me feel rather good...

9. Eleanor Rigby

I posted a picture of myself wearing purple with a comment about it on facebook. 3 of my previous pupils and my mother in law decided to wear purple too because of it. That made my day.

10. kem

kem

deviantART is purple today.

11. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was surprised by the number of people that changed their facebook profile picture. I forgot the day of. I had a maroon shirt I was going to wear to work.

12. HalfInsane

I can honestly say that everything I wore yesterday was purple, excluding my pants. I own far more purple clothing than I ever thought. I've never felt so monochromatic :lol:. There were also quite a few other university students wearing purple, so that was good to see.