1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Religion Do You Belong To?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by XxToshixX, Jul 23, 2010.

?

What Religion Do You Belong To?

1. Agnostic

25 vote(s)
    19.1%
  2. Atheist

41 vote(s)
    31.3%
  3. Buddhist/Taoist

4 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. Christian - Catholic

14 vote(s)
    10.7%
  5. Christian - LDS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Christian - Protestant

6 vote(s)
    4.6%
  7. Christian - Other

6 vote(s)
    4.6%
  8. Hindu

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Jewish

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Islam

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  11. Spiritual but not religious

9 vote(s)
    6.9%
  12. Religious Humanism

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  13. Satanism

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  14. Wicca

7 vote(s)
    5.3%
  15. Other

16 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I stay away from religion with a 10-foot pole. And while I'm not religious, I don't consider myself atheist either (since I still see that as a type of religious group).

#21 Swamp56, Jul 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2010
  2. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I think the Satanism thing should be expanded (I don't think you can edit a poll though..) The reason being is because there are many forms of Satanism and each one believes in a completely opposite set of beliefs.

The one you all think of when you hear the name Satanism is the one involving the worshiping of Satan. And although that is true..

There are many forms of Satanism that really have nothing to do with Satan at all. A perfect example would be LaVeyan Satanism. Those people are actually atheist and agnostic people who do not believe in a God, or a devil obviously. But they believe in individualism, self-indulgence (which isn't really bad at all), and an eye-for-an-eye morality (which is bad in my opinion.) They don't believe in a God, a Devil, a Heaven, or a Hell in the sense that other right-wing religions do (Christianity, Judaism, Islam, etc). But they go for a more left-wing path, like Buddhism. They believe God is inside you (meaning that there is no God controlling everything. You make your own decisions, and people control the world) and that your actions make your life a person heaven, or a personal hell.

Yay for lessons on religions with mis-leading names!

3. SaturdaySaviour

Jediism \m/

Raised Catholic, but I got sick of it pretty fast. I'm an atheist, though I like the concept of deism. *shrug*

4. NickT

Atheist.

5. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Officially I was baptized (but never confirmed) as an Episcopalian. If you're not familiar with what that is, it's best described as Catholic-light.

I consider myself to be more of a Heinz 57 when it comes to religion though. I adopt all the aspects I like from different religions and just try to do right by myself.

So, presuming we're going off of officially being part of a religious group, I voted for Christian - Other. But I can feel perfectly at home amongst any of the above options. I love religion personally, and always have.

6. Shevanel

7. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  8. Hoppip

Friendly atheism meets agnosticism with a very personal relationship with a Catholic-inspired God. I can't really use any label of religion to define my life philosophy.

9. Eponine

Agnostic for me.

10. AlyssWonderland

Same!

11. jazzrawr

...I'm really trying, but I simply can't see how those two blend AT ALL. XD
    Catholic views go against Wiccan views, for the most part, do they not? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Just curious XD

I consider myself Atheist. I hate organized religion, and although I respect spiritual people I can't really bring myself to believe in the supernatural.

12. partietraumatic

i consider myself an non-religious theist'

Ie i believe in god,but do not subscribe to any particular religion. I've found a few different religions that come close to describing my ideas, but nothing exact

13. Shebbs

Technically, I am United-Christian.
    But, my parents dont force me to be that religion, I can pretty much believe whatever I want.
    I'm a self-proclaimed Atheist. :slight_smile: Hah. And noone can change that.
    I studied Wiccan for a couple years as well.

If you think about it, I dont really have a religion. My religion is Shelby. I believe what I want, and I can change my mind any time. :slight_smile:

If you ask me, it's a good way to be.

14. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

Just to point out, Atheism is not a religion (and neither is Agnosticism really) anymore than bald is a hair color. Atheism is a lack of belief in gods/deities/whatever. There is no dogma, no rules, no sacred text, nothing that is the prime object of worship, no houses of worship and so on and so forth. A better way to put the poll would have been to include all the religions that have been included (and maybe a few more as other posters have mentioned) and then had an option for None. Then, the people who picked none could have made the distinction between whether or not they were an atheist or an agnostic while posting. /tangent

I'm an Atheist, myself. I would rather live by the premise that there is no God rather than wondering if there is. And if I'm wrong, well God is supposed to love and save us all in the end regardless.

15. Goethe

16. Elven

Damn it I decided on something but now i'm not sure....

17. Odradek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Baptised but never confirmed as Methodist (protestant). There is no way I could ever really continue with that though... Dick cheney goes to my church D: so agnostic works for me

18. thevre

Catholic.

And once I'm 18 and out of the parent's house, I'll probably continue with Catholicism (I'm going to want some form of spiritual guidance or another)- no PRAISE JESUS!!! or christian rock bands or anything. It's very down to earth and I can appreciate that.

19. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco