1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How straight-acting are you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Owen, Jul 1, 2010.

?

How straight-acting/gay- or lesbian-acting are you?

1. 0. No one would ever suspect it

13.7%
  2. 1. I only give off a few subtle signs that I am gay, and you have to really look for them

22.1%
  3. 2. Some might suspect I am queer, but it's certainly not obvious

22.9%
  4. 3. I'm pretty ambiguous in the way I act; I keep them guessing

19.8%
  5. 4. It's fairly obvious to the casual observer, but the more oblivious types might not guess it

15.3%
  6. 5. It's very obvious to the casual observer

3.8%
  7. 6. Honey, they'd have to be blind to not know!

2.3%
  1. Lucky Panda

When I came out, my friends thought I was in a game of Truth Or Dare, though some of them later told me they've always had a slight suspicion. :] Now that I'm more comfortable with who I am, I guess that's changed. I act more openly around my friends, while keep a hard #2 (on the poll) around acquantinces and strangers. :/

2. Eponine

No one I've told has been surprised. NO ONE.

I voted a 4 though because some people are just in denial about it. Also, I actually wouldn't call it "straight-acting" in my case. It's more like a mixture of both straight and gay qualities, or a lack of both. I dunno.

Anyway, everyone had their suspicions about me, but there were some exceptions who still held onto the belief that I was straight despite all the signs. One of my roommates was a bit shocked, according to my other roommate who told him. It's so much more obvious to him now.

3. paul 123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i said 4... i dont try to hide it because im not ashamed of who i am.

saying that today i and my sister were talking, and i said how id be a slob when i moved out and she said 'what about when you have a girlfriend' ?!?!

pfft so presumably she has no idea xD i hate my family assuming im straight

4. the ry guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    a big fat 0, and it fits me just fine

5. Hoppip

I never even came out of the closet. I just started answering "yes."

6. haelmarie

YES. So true. I think a lot of people think that their voices sound straighter than they actually do (I know I do).

I wouldn't be able to rate myself. I mean, I don't really fit any gay stereotypes, but most people can definitely tell.

Elaboration - I'm really outdoorsy and stubborn. I couldn't care less what clothes I'm wearing, about fashion, etc. However, I do think my voice is fairly gay and I possibly have a bit of a gay walk. So I voted 5 for the hell of it.

#66 haelmarie, Jul 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  7. I'd say 2. I keep my hair short and wear rainbow stuff and sometimes some snide comments will slip out, but usually I try not to say too much refereeing to my gayness. I used to make a lot more jokes about it, but then I realized not everyone is as comfortable with it as you would like them to be. So I tone it down. The ballet dancer thing also throws some people off...

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I USED to be StealthFag. :slight_smile:. As i've grown older, grown more comfortable with my sexuality, and spent more time with out-and-proud gays, I've "femmed up" a bit. Not a great deal, but I'd say I wouldn't stun as many people by announcing my sexuality today than I did two decades ago.

Lex

9. Meropspusillus

I'd say 4 or 5. I'm more obvious about it now than I was in high school. My roommate used to tell people, when asked who his roommate was, "The kid who wears purple crocs and skips around campus."

10. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree. I gave an example of a friend in an earlier post,
    and I know if I hear recordings of myself (eg: on the answering machine) I sound gayer than I do in my head, but I don't know if it sounds more exaggerated to me (in the manner that most people don't like hearing themselves on tape).

Sometimes I find myself with "gay" mannerisms, and I've had "Not completely surprising" as a response to coming out, but not "Honey, we knew YEARS ago"

I'm going to have to issue a citizen's arrest on behalf of the fashion police.

11. SamAlex728

2-3.....but once you know and I feel like completely being myself......hehe, more like a 27... For example, the second person I told, made the mistake of handing me a string of rock candy...I started fellating it...