1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Starbucks Thread!/Ask a Barista!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hairdye, Apr 7, 2010.

1. GhostDog

Good to note! Thanks. =D

Hopefully they even call me for an interview, haha. >.>

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

3. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  4. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Your a Manager and Coffee Master at 20? cool =]

I make coffee too , but only basic ones like... Royale, Carribean.. lol.

I never been to Starbucks.. everyone seems to be hyped over it.

5. Just wanted to say this was helpful :slight_smile: I went in and ordered a Java Chip Frappuchino with peppermint and it was great, the same as the old drink I forget the name of because I'm tired. So thanks!

6. HalfInsane

I've been looking to apply at Starbucks, and was wondering if there's anything particular you look for when hiring people (personality/appearance/dress wise) beyond the ordinary?

7. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  8. hairdye

I'm a hard worker and i learn quick. ;]
    my friend Lyndsey who lives in UK says starbucks out there are way different anyway.

----------

Aww yay! so glad I helped!

----------

Ghost dog asked this question on the last two pages. Give it a look see, it should be pretty helpful.

----------

9. D_Alejandro

Just saw this thread!! I have a Starbucks application on my iPhone and I can make ANY type of drink that I want with any type of topping and add ins! I think that Starbucks should let people know more about their toppings and add ins such as protein and fiber powder, mocha chips, and caramel drizzle! YUM! :slight_smile:

10. hairdye

i freaking love that app. it's the only reason i want an iphone. haha

11. Jerr

I had no clue this thread was here....

So, I won't work at Starbucks because I would never leave. Ever. But funny thing about me...

I hate Coffee... I hate Tea... I refuse to buy the food. (Taco Bell is like walking distance away and I'm poor and don't care about health.)

So what do I get?

A Jerry.

Sad.... I know... but... It is a Vanilla Bean Frappuccino with Caramel and Mocha. It is heaven in a cup... and possibly diabetes in a cup as well....

I'm not joking when I call it a Jerry... My friends order it by my name and they know...

But seriously... I love Starbucks.

I can sit outside til 4 in the morning and no cops bother us. (The store is closed but we stay outside during the summer.) We just sit and chat and hang out when we don't want to go home and we tend to still suffer from a bad case of the under 21's.

I bring my Dog up there all the time and she's mellow. I sit so people don't have to pass her to get in because even a worker there is afraid of big dogs even though she is as mellow as can be. (Although the worker always says hi and bye to my pup.)

I'm there almost as much as the workers... in fact... I'm rushing now because I'm going back... (Yes, I worked all day and am still going to manage to be up there twice...)

Well, I'll probably read more on this later.

12. D_Alejandro

Yes when I first got it I was going crazy! SO many options! My head was spinning! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But it's SO fun! :grin:

13. hairdye

Thats what we want you to feel like! We want our store to be your home away from home! You should call your stores district manager and let them know how much you love being there and how friendly they all are. People don't realize how awesome that is for us.

We work all day and we only so rarely get actual out of the way praise. From anybody.

I'm sure they'd love it if you did.
    Ps. Try adding a Banana to your Vanilla Bean!

14. KnightAssassin

i want to say every since i was little i was a starbucks fan
    I went to the first starbucks to open when it was one of the few [ or only] before i was 2 and i loved mocha and i want to work there and as i matter of fact i have been looking around for a way work there [ distance is a problem its not far but no car XD] it makes me sad.... BUT i want to work there once i get into college , so a quick question as a dedicated starbucks fan when i work there , do i get free coffee or do i have to pay for it ?? also what is the do you recomend i have literally been drinking starbucks since i was about 2-3 months old and i usually get a mocha frappe or another type of mocha because i just love it . i love vanilla bean frappe as well so any recommendations??

15. Jerr

Those workers know I care for each and every one of them. I usually carry in their umbrellas at store close for them. (Small one so we only have 3 umbrellas but I usually get 2 out of the 3 for whoever.) I mean if I'm going to be there for so long, I might as well work a little.

I always ask for a little extra love in my drink. Even if I only get water. haha. The workers are the best and I inform them of this all the time. Sadly enough... they usually ruin other Starbucks for me... I'll go to others, which to me would seem like they would be busier more often then the one in Hot Springs, Arkansas, and it will take FOREVER for a drink... with 3-4 people working and 2 peoples drink orders to make. (Me being one of the 2) The one in hot springs manage to do it with 3 people TOPS and have drinks in no time even with the drive through full and a line of people inside. The only time I wait a while with them, (by while, I mean 4 minutes which I usually spend asking about their day or complimenting them on being extra fabulous.) is when my drink is free and they are packed.

I'll usually throw away all the trash left on empty tables inside and on the tables outside when I walk by. At night, before I leave, I empty the ash trays out again. (I do periodically because hell, I'm there, I might as well and it doesn't even get halfway full when I do it.)

About my drink, I don't know if I'd want to try bananas because I don't want it to be too thick... then again... Strawberries totally crossed my mind today...

One last thing on how much I go there...

A friend left his phone in my car when he went to lunch with me... I had no way to get a hold of him but he went to starbucks 4 times already that day and it was 5pm when I went to lunch... I look in the phone book and call them and say...

"Hey, this is Jerry. If you see Christopher, can you tell him he left his phone in my car?"
    Response
    "Sure, Jerry. I'm sure he will be back in here today."
    *convo continues with how sad it is that he would and good bye* All of a 20 second phone call...

They knew who I was from just that. I've never called. I don't call any of them personally... I'm being made fun of by friends for this phone call... (I already have to argue that I DON'T live there!)

16. hairdye

you praising them directly, is different from their district manager hearing it. if you complimented them, it could end up going into our weekly conversations and connections updates of awesome customer comments. This is a company wide update on our computers, that i require my entire staff to read. it could be the difference in someone getting promoted or not.

telling they're district manager, is on a whole other level of praise.

if you care to venture out. white mocha cream frappucino with toffenut and java chips = cookies and cream.

----------

i love zebra mochas with toffeenut, caramel or dark cherry. and soy milk.
    delicious.

and while you're at work, all the coffee you can drink is free. just not while you're on the floor. one of the many amazing starbucks benefits.

17. Jerr

I'm not a fan of the dist man... He put down the hammer of no more local art to be displayed in the Starbucks... not gunna lie... that was a big thing for me. It hit me really hard when I accidentally left my photos there. (I did a photography class and was mediocre at best but a few where great for the Starbucks atmosphere.) The girls/guys who worked there LOVED them and other fans of the place said I should see if they'd want to display them there. (I'd have given it to the place or let them borrow the pictures at least.) But they informed me their manager said no... because the dist man said hell no. (To all art. Not just local.)

But, I'll probably pick up a card at call... Maybe mention that it is depressing without local artist's work up in there. (All was very tasteful.) But the service is always amazing and yadda yadda.

18. catniss

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    hi everyone! im a newbie here and i just discovered this thread now. i never knew theres a thread for starbucks lovers. out of desperation in finishing my paper in HUMRES, that's why i came to be here. I love the Starbucks atmosphere especially its homey ambience. i frequent in Starbucks because of the free wi-fi and great service of the baristas.

I have a paper due tomorrow and i really need your help guys please help me my masteral degree is inline on this.
    I have to know the JOB DESCRIPTION of a Starbucks Barista, same as his/her DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES. After that i'm going to make a performance appraisal paper based on the job description and responsibilities. I cannot interview anyone from the shop because they were so busy. please help me guys!!!

19. interstella

Why is the tea at Starbucks so crap? I had an earl grey the other day and I think the teabag disintegrated because I could taste all the little tea leaves :S and it was scalding hot and flavourless :frowning2:

The coffee is FABULOUS though.

Question: I'm 16, and haven't had very much retail or coffee-making experience. Do you think I would stand a chance of getting hired? And, would I be able to just get a summer job there and then switch to working weekends when school starts?

20. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here's a question for you.

Is there anyway I can get the recipe for your Banana Loaf? I freaking get a slice every time I go. I'm not really a fan of the lattes, cinos, any of the drinks except chocolate milk (im just not a coffee person), but the banana loaf is just so freaking good I want to make my own. I know there's tons of banana bread recipes online, but is there anything as close to the Starbucks one? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: