1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaydar for Guys

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jack2009, Jun 17, 2009.

1. TEres321

"There goes the empire state building!"
    "Oh god! what happened?"
    "Shakira was dancing to 'Hips Don't Lie'!!!"

2. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I file flailing arms,expressive emotion, gyrating butt (when combined with the arm swing), and rainbows under "When it's obvious"

Eye contact is the key to Gaydar. Normally guys don't check out other guys. So if another guy is looking at you / checking you out, start to wonder. (or wounder with your own eyes)

Most Heterosexual guys are deathly afraid of establishing eye contact (or physical contact) with other men. If they accidentally find themselves with eye contact with another guy they will immediately look away.

A lot of gay guys will look away too, not wanting to appear "gay". The secret is if there's a double take. eg: After you break eye contact do they look over again 1-2 seconds later.

This causes great confusion with straight guys who are naturally friendly and give a lot of eye contact / hugs, etc.

However nothing is guaranteed unless you say "Are you gay" and they say "Yes".

3. Celestial

Celestial Guest

How is your butt, Paco? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Jose Carioca

Out Status:
    A few people
    Very true, and as you said "naturally friendly" guys can be very confusing. But you can usually figure them out pretty quickly.

5. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They're normally confused as to why other guys keep hitting on them.

6. Just Adam

mine does ... i dont mean it too stupid fat ass :'(

when im leaning on a table or counter top though i do tend to sway the hips a little...i think thats more boredom though than anything :S

7. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    And I flail my arms when I talk because I have a circulation problem :grin:

8. Just Adam

aslong as its not like push the tempo i think your ok XD

9. GoBabyGoGo

I think this is definatly a good test... well, to find out if someone is interested in you, not so much if they are gay, although the two can go together :grin:

There is a guy in my year who does this to me, and im 99% sure hes gay. Especially since someone was joking with him, and said 'what, are you gay?!' and he looked quite embarrased and didnt answer. aww i feel sorry for him, he is so VERY shy!

Also, just listen to what people say. Unless they are really trying to hide, gay guys wont usually say how hot certain women are and how much they want to root them. And if they do have a boyfriend, they would usually refer to having a 'partner' rather than a girlfriend.

Making a generalization that gay guys have an overactive butt is just ridiculus. You cannot judge by stereotypes. The only defining feature of being gay is that you like to fuck men.

10. Just Adam

blunt...accurate but rather blunt :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: lol perhaps you should talk to the shy guy ? might help him a bit

11. dude99

dude99 Guest

if he stares and winks at you, or stares and licks his lips at you. The way he stares at you.

12. Just Adam

that sounds more like some weid lyrics than a sentance lol

13. GoBabyGoGo

sorry i dont get you. he just looks at me, and as soon as i meet his eye he looks away. then the next time i look up hes looking at me again and quickly looks away.

anyway, i COULD talk to him i guess, but im a shy guy too :icon_wink Ill try to start a conversation next time the opportuity arrises.

14. dude99

dude99 Guest

anyway, i COULD talk to him i guess, but im a shy guy too :icon_wink Ill try to start a conversation next time the opportuity arrises.[/QUOTE]

well what you have to loose. Just do what they do in the movies and accidently crash into him and drop your bag and stuff comes out of it or fall over and make it look like an accident. . Thats how you can break the ice.

15. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    "If he stares and winks at you, oh baby baby, stares and licks his lips at you, OOOOO (high pitch), the way he stares at you!!"

16. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

:roflmao:

17. Defraction

Hmm.
    I reckon my gaydar is pretty mint tbf.

I don't know how it works. I think it's just body language really. Them showing a slight few stereotypical characteristics tends to help. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But it's got to the point now where I can just look and I can tell.

Mine used to fail but now it seems to work so... I guess all I can say is practice. Find something common about the gay guys you know and apply it to everyone else.

18. Alex19

i oh so totally agree. last night i went out to eat, and i started checkin this boy out who was sitting at a table diagnal from me. he was with his fam and i was with mine. not to get into full story mode here, but he noticed me looking at him over and over again and i looked away not to show i obviously liked him, but out of suprise and embarassment. well, little did i know that he ended up looking at me too. i looked back and he looked away. then, it happened a 2cd time! i was like, "yesss!!!!! im being checked out!!!" my only regret was that i didnt talk to him and get his number... he was a cutie with great biceps...

19. Nicknikko

For me there is just deep gut feeling I get when I'm around him/her. I really cannot explain it. Mosttt of the times it's very accuarate haha and I'm almost always right when it comes to my gaydar!

20. Dofiromma

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    http://seolactation.com

Develop the topic further. It is interesting to find out more!