1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any artists here?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Janvier, Jan 22, 2009.

?

What type of artist are you?

1. Musician

22 vote(s)
    25.6%
  2. Dancer

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  3. Singer

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  4. Drawer

16 vote(s)
    18.6%
  5. Painter

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  6. Actor

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  7. Photographer

6 vote(s)
    7.0%
  8. Filmmaker

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  9. Sculptor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. VJ (Video DJ)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Writer

13 vote(s)
    15.1%
  12. Decorater

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  13. Fashion Designer

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  14. Other (Calligraphy, Origami,...)

5 vote(s)
    5.8%
  15. Not an artist

6 vote(s)
    7.0%
  1. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love to dance. The only form of dance I disliked was ballet, and that was because we were made to to it until we were about eight at my school >__<

I took up tap as soon as I could and did that for about five years. I thoroughly enjoyed that but then I finished prep-school and my senior school only accepted people who did levels, and there was no local clubs in my area, so I couldn't carry on unfortunately.

When I moved to Dubai, I took up belly-dancing for a couple of months, which was awesome. I was told I was a natural, though I hate to blow my own trumpet. I still dance when I feel like it. I'm a professional improv-dancer, renowned at school and home :grin:

2. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I do some doodling and random pen/pencil drawings here and there, if that counts.

3. Nick

I used to act but now I mostly do backstage stuff, but I've done almost every play/musical the school has offered (except when I went overseas for a year).

I also love taking photos, making movies, writing poetry and stories and making unique jewellery, mostly for myself, but occasionally for other people.

4. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

I paint and draw, I'm just an amateur and don't really have a style of my own - pretty mush what I need to do to pass my art board and what I do at home tends to vary a lot. I've been doing art for only 3 - 4 years since I started doing it at the start of high school.

5. StrataScribe

I write as a hobby...quite the contrast from my first love which is chemistry. I'm sort of a science geek at heart hahaha but love writing in my spare time. In fact, i've been working on this one project for over six years. It's only been in the past year that I've actually begun to put it to paper. It's turned out to be a larger project than I anticipated and since I'm writing it as a TV show (I know, a bit ambitious) it just gets more and more elaborate! I love finding out crazy things about these characters who have been like a family for me. Sometimes I find my mind drifting from more important things and I have to stop what I'm doing just to get my new idea down on paper. It's become less of a hobby, I guess, and more of a priority....I've lost sleep, gone without meals, etc. just to write. It's quite addicting, really....the irony, I'm the worst speller you'll ever meet :icon_sad:

6. xXHolic

i'm having my first photography exhibition this year at my school with photos I took this summer from Ponad and Chech Republic!
    I do some film-making and editing too :slight_smile:

7. Joey

tiny tiny University in northern Maryland
    This is really cool!
    Anywho, I'm a [professional] flautist; I've been paid for my services, which is awesome. I also happen to write (being printed in the university's literary arts magazine at least once, maybe upwards of 3 times) I mainly do crappy poetry, prose and I've written a short story; I also like doing little haikus, they're cute. And I dabble in drawing and stuff like that, but I'm awful at it.
    I really really want to get into photography. Specifically natural photography because there is a state park near my school that is gorgeous and I could park my car on the side of the road and wander for ages.

8. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you an artist?
    Yes, I am a musician.

Beginner or expert?
    Expert, as in I go to music school

What genre and what style?
    Classical music and a bit of piano improv, also composition

How long have you been practicing your art?
    Since I was 5

Do you expect to make money/become famous?
    Make money, yes
    Become famous, maybe but not likely

9. Andi

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Woo im not the only one!
    lol

I design clothes for my clothing line on: totallyhott.com

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

10. bex22

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i love drawing, especially cartoons -- political cartoons and caricatures especially. i like comic strips, too but rarely have the patience for them! i also dabble in photography but i don't really know what i'm doing!