1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone hate as many people as the english!?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by partietraumatic, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Ty

Ty

Independent Scotland is a poor Scotland. Who do you think pays for you to get your degree?

2. kaster

the SAAS and Scottish Government and my dad :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I don't not like the way the governement is run if you know what I mean, I just dont like that its not a full democracy, that its a monarchy ruled by the church etc etc. Meh tbh it's not going to affect the rest of my life to a huge extent so whateverrr.
    I like all countries personally. Open to visiting and travelling anywhere.

3. bartleby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's a great topic!

No, that's the opposite. French people love the Québécois (I'm not sure how to translate Québécois into English and I doubt that Québécois would allow to have their name translated into English).

I'm actually not sure that the French hate any country (except maybe Germany and the Polish plumbers, but you can't really consider Polish plumbers as a nation).

We feel we're way superior to the other countries (you name it : culture, food, landscape, fashion...). At worst we despise other countries, at best we're amused by them.

Now, it can be more subtile. For instance, people living in Paris don't like the rest of France (with the exception of Corsica, but Corsican would argue that Corsica is not part of France) but are very much open to foreign countries. As far as Corsican are concerned, it's easy, they don't like anybody but people with Corsican blood (no matter where they live).

The only time I sensed a kind of rejection of France was in Australia, but then who cares about Aussies :roflmao:

(you should not read this post literaly unless you're Australian of course)

4. someguy82

During the periods of my life when I lived in Europe I never really encountered any Anti-American attitudes from anyone other than maybe the teenagers.

5. littledinosaurs

noooooooooooo
    :[
    i love Canada <3333

6. Daniel

Danes just love each other. The most they do is crack jokes about the buses in other cities.

7. loving the pink

Im welsh ...and generally we hate the English! Nice it works both ways

8. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The French: don't hate

The Germans: don't hate. I mean, was it germans or hitler who declared war?

hitler: hate XD

The Scottish,The Welsh,The Irish: don't hate (I'm part irish and welsh anyway :lol: )

The Americans: don't hate. actually, admire due to technological advancements over there :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

so we don't personally hate them. just the few who have steriotypical thoughts about them.

9. HeronsStorm

I'm surprised no one from America has mentioned Iraq or any of the middle east countries! And I can't hate the Irish, their accents are damn SEXY!:thumbsup: (I regret nothing!)

And the Canadian's don't live in Igloo's?! (Joking)

10. Johnnieguy

Surprised no one has mentioned the Mormons...

11. Nodnarb

Wow this thread is old...but since it's been resurrected, I might as well post.

I don't know if I really 'hate' any country. I might hate the leaders of some countries (North Korea, for example), but I don't hate (most of) the people there. I do hate most everything about the South though. Part of it's lingering hatred from the Civil War, but mostly it's because of the culture down there. Dislike of the South seems to be pretty common among us Northerners.

I love a lot of countries though. A few are the UK, Canada, and especially Australia. I would so love to try living in Australia for awhile:slight_smile:. There are a lot of people around here that claim to absolutely hate everything about Canada and Europe. Some have traveled over to Europe, and claim that all Europeans are arrogant and rude. I figure its because they go over there and act like a bunch of arrogant assholes towards the Europeans, so I wouldn't blame the locals for not liking them.

12. Connor22

Also they hate people from Northern Ireland, when me and a bunch of friends went over there, we got attacked by a little kid, we couldn't understand a word he was saying, but he was skiving off school and couldn't count the fact that there were 11 of us and 1 of him and that all of us were twice the size of him. Good times :slight_smile:

13. iLambedil

iLambedil Guest

I wouldn't call the French cowardly for not going to war in Iraq, I'd call them intelligent and not war mongering assholes.....

That comment (and basically your whole post) was absolutely ridiculous and ignorant!

14. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

id have to agree with you on that. france are a country that would rather sit round a table and sort things out properly.

and i dont hate any country. just individual people. also people that think they are better than anyone else. i know america is made out to be bad for that, but i met alot of americans i think they are decent people.

15. Hoppip

Hahha. Please don't base your ideas of Americans on a bunch of mentally prepubescent X-Box live tards. xD <3 I swear we're a little bit better than that. xD

16. xequar

You apparently didn't bother to read the thread or the bulk of my original post from a year ago, espeically the part where I specified that I was stating common American-held stereotypes. Many Americans think the French are cowardly sissies. It's not right, but that's the way it is.

17. Meropspusillus

18. Tim

Tim

On a side note, I have to ask: What country DOES like americans? >_>

Every single foreign thing I see that has anything american in it, said country bashes it horribly ._.

19. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nomatter where you go in England, the locals with think the locals of another, neighbouring part of England are all inbred yokels. (My Mum's from Lancashire and she makes jokes about our neighbours, who are from Yorkshire, being cousins).

I think there's something in the water, either that or our genetics. If you live in england you will hate the majority of things and have a very nice time doing so. It's why we talk about the weather so much : )

20. Harve

Unfortunately this is true, not just in Liverpool but here too. We seem to love the s. Irish but dread NI? i have no idea...