1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apparently I'm too straight

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JT, Oct 7, 2008.

1. GaiEtFrais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    it took me a month to convince one of my friends i was gay... one of my theatre friends. isn't that a SLIGHT indication?

2. BeautifulStranger

Ahhh!
    Teach me your heterosexual ways!
    I'm so gay that my flame can blind you a mile away!!

I've had girls tell me: Tyler, you're too hot to be gay. But then again, you're way too hot to be straight.

I wish I could act straight.

3. partietraumatic

ive been told by people who know im gay that when they first meet me it didn't even cross their mind,apparently i come across straight to start with. Howeveeeer they say that when you actually get to know me,and the more time you spend with me, you start to realise i act quite gay hehe :slight_smile: i dont know how people don't think it straight away-i don't act that straight and my clothes are weeeell camp lol

4. Matty

People are shocked when I tell them...it's rather funny....it's just a way for them to know you can't always judge a book by its cover.

5. Seanboy23

Well, no one ever said a THING to me. But once I finally came out, every single person's reaction was basically "No really! YA THINK?" I guess I was the only one who didn't know, lol!

Regarding this topic, but not about me... the "too straight" thing can actually be bad!! My ex-boyfriend, who is now one of my BEST friends, is a cop, complete with whole "macho cop" mentality. He's VERY masculine/straight acting, to the point where he has women all over him all the time. It's cute but so sad that he never can find a guy, even for a quick "one-nighter", but all the girls around us want him. Little do they know that this hot, tough cop is really a VERY submissive gayboy! I feel for him cuz he gets pretty darn frustrated...

6. Joey

tiny tiny University in northern Maryland
    I've had that happen to me. When I told my friend of 15 years I was gay he said "But... you don't look gay. Or act gay... or smell gay... You smell straight, Joe. I think you're straight."
    Of course at the time I was thinking "..being gay has its own scent?"

7. SpacerX

i shocked alot of people as well, but a few of them said it made sense in some ways.

8. Today I was told, after handing this person a piece of gum, that the "fruity" taste matched my personality :dry:
    Guess I don't act too straight XD

9. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

yeah i know, its not like to be gay u have to wear a rainbow shirt, have a fohawk and have a lisp.

10. Noah

I get it all the time. Everyone thought it was a joke when I came out XD.

11. shakerdancee

Sigh. It does sort of bug me when people think they're super cool just because they don't fall into the traditional stereotypes of the homosexual male... you are who you are.

12. Janvier

I remember one time these girls I didn't know were chatting to me, one seemed really interested and asked for my number, I told them I was gay but they didn't believe me, they asked me to proove it. I told her I was sorry, I didn't have my members card on me.. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    It happened to be one of the only times I wore my ripped jeans with my Slayer t-shirt and I didn't even do my hair that day, so I forgive them..

13. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

I know how you feel when ever I come out to anyone the reaction always seems to be What??!! No way you look/act too straight!!!

14. hairdye

When I came out to my friends, instead of, "you're too straight",
    I got, "I don't believe you're gay, you act too gay to actually be gay".

.......unbelievable, right?

15. littledinosaurs

hahahaha thats sillly (i hope you took in a good humor or i'd feel bad about laughing at it)

16. Kenny9210

Kenny9210 Guest

I get that all the time! I take it as a compliment most of the time. But it is very ignorant. People assume that all gays guys are feminie and all lesbians are masculine. Well those are just the obviously gay people, who do not have to come out, because ussually its pretty obvious. Its more difficult for a typical person to come out because they ussually fit their gender stereotypes. Since theres so few masculine gay guys out, compared to feminine gay guys, alot of people think that masculine gay guys do not exist, and that all gay guys are feminine. Thats the thought process one of my straight friends explained.
    But yes, I think its sad actually. lol I do not act straight or gay. You cannot act straight or gay, its impossible to act like a sexual preference. lol
    I am just a typical guy, who people figure, since I'm not extremely feminine, is acting straight.

Whew. This topic always gets me worked up. lol

17. Enaithor

OMG I get that too.
    But a bit more complicated
    Because at school I'm "straight"
    And then everyone is always saying I'm gay
    And then people are like, well I think you are straight because you act way too gay to actually be gay.

I think it's a pretty awesome compromise that I'm bisexual

18. InaRut

I WISH!

I wish I could be "straight acting" but apparently most people aren't surprised if I say I'm gay.

Xept my mom...

19. Rubra et atra

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I do get that a lot.
    Mainly from people who don't know me too well.
    Guess it's because I'm very feminine most of the time, the tough feminine type of person though.

20. Brandon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's what annoys me the most, just because you tell someone you are gay they get this weird belief that in order to be gay you need to be skinny, wear pink, have lisp, and use the limp wrist the stereotypical gay that people come to believe.

That's why I got so tired of the gay community and the stereotypes because people kept saying "Oh MY god I never knew you were gay, I thought you had to have lisp in order to be gay" ignorant people lol.