1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by skwidge, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Miles D

if musicians weren't all BROKE, I'd want to be a concert cellist, or in a sweet rock band, or in a symphony, or a music teacher.

I'm still majoring in music, but I also want to go to medical school and be a medical examiner (the not-scary term for coroner.)

:slight_smile:

2. Miles D

oh, but before that, I want to be a man :slight_smile:

3. Zūn Jìng

Zūn Jìng Guest

A computer programmer :grin:(!)

4. Danielle

Danielle Guest

When I was about six I wanted to be an accountant
    but now I want be be a politican and Australia's first transgendered Prime Minister (You can never set the bar to high)

5. Daniel

I wanted to be a Paleontologist. I was the only 2 1/2 year old who could say Paleontologist.

Now I would really love to be a fashion designer working for Vero Mada in Copenhagen, Denmark.

6. Joey

tiny tiny University in northern Maryland
    I want to be the best dressed high school biology teacher.... I've been told I can teach people pretty well.

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    When I was little I wanted to be a teacher. Then it was a nurse. When the show Love Boat was popular in the 70's, I wanted to be a cruise director just like Julie! I had every cruise line in the country sending me brochures. lol

Now that I'm 46 years old, I just want to be happy. I want to love and be loved for who I am not what somebody thinks I should be.

8. jbb1236

When I was little I wanted to be a farmer, then an astronaut/fighter pilot. When I went into high school I wanted to be an engineer, after I graduated high school I wanted to be a music teacher, then three years into that I failed, then I wanted to be a car mechanic, and I have finally decided on being a business owner, more specifically a restaurant owner, gourmet that is.

9. Nugget

I'm an artsy person, and I've considered the following:

Singer/Musician:
    I love music and it helps me lift my mood. I love singing and I can do it better than playing any instrument, but learning an instrument and becoming part of a rock band would be really cool but exhausting and I may never be able to have a quiet suburbian home.

Actress:
    Ever since I was little, I've always thought about becoming an actress. But since I love comedy most, I would probably go only as far as being a part of a sitcom.

Author:
    I have occasional writing ideas and I'm at least a better writer than other people I have seen. It's also a relaxing job, but I don't find a lot of fascination in it.

Voice Actress:
    Voice acting is a little more relaxing than acting, and this is one I've really thought about. Because of habitual singing and mimicking many voices throughout the years, I don't think it would be that bad to be a basic voice actor, starting with anime dubs.

Chef:
    Culinary is like art, science, and entertainment all put together, and can be an exciting career option. I could also star on Food Network and learn all about the joys of cooking. Or I could try to start my own friendly restaurant. But there's one problem: I'm afraid of ovens and knives.

Fashion Designer:
    I love fashion and I come up with amazing designs, but I'm afraid of pin needles and sewing machines. XD

Interior Design:
    Watching shows about making over your home gave me ideas. But I'm not at all sure.

Language Tutor/Translator:
    I also love languages and am trying to learn Japanese. Becoming a translator means I could travel around the world helping people out and then coming home and… yeah.

There are probably other ones but those are the ones I thought about most. Out of all of them, voice acting seems more realistic and suitable for me. But most of all, I want to find love, settle down, and have a nice, ordinary, middle-class house to come home to, welcomed in a community of other families and stuff; The American Dream. So I put that first, above all else.

10. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want to be an architect. I really want to design skyscrapers. I've got some strange facination in tall buildings and I always find myself designing something in Google Sketchup whenever I have free time.

Probably very strange. But meh. :slight_smile: We all have our weird interests.

11. William1

Well I want to be - in this order:
    Older
    A man
    Then, I dunno. Maybe follow my dad into the army - I like tanks and stuff. Or maybe join the RAF, cos I like combat aircraft even more. I would love to fly a Typhoon (a.k.a. Eurofighter).

12. HighintheClouds

Hmm.. Maybe a lawyer.. Or an actor.. Or a fillm director..

Lawyer's definitely the safer choice, while the media is more risky, but appeals more to my heart..

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO CHOOSE.. ARGHH!!!

13. sdc91

As long as I'm happy, healthy, and not hurting anyone, I really don't care.

But I'm going into Business + International relations for college. Or possibly engineering.

14. Derek the Wolf

I wanna be Lex. He's my hero.

15. Throughout my life, I've always wanted to be one of three things.
    *A Forensic Scientist.-Like a CSI lady. That would just be amazing, but I'm not good enough at science to get there. In other words, I wanted to be Sarah Sidle. A gay Sarah Sidle Lol.
    *An Archaeologist - This is the field I've decided to follow. My one dream, my one thing to do before I die (apart from Angelina Jolie lol :grin:) is to dig in the Valley of the Kings in Cairo. And to excavate in the remains of Pompeii. Thats where I think i want to be. But i've always had a very keen interest in...
    *Tattooing - The tattoo industry is amazing. I love everything about it. If i could, this would be my ideal job ever. But it's so hard to break the tattoo culture and make a success of yourself as a tattoo artist, that I don't think i'd ever be good enough to make it big enough to be successful...you never know...there's always time to take an apprenticeship....

16. littledinosaurs

i'm hoping to be a social worker in the schools.

17. Ben

Ben

My life ambitions have gone something like this:

Younger me:
    Postman
    Lollipop lady (I know, I know.)
    Astronaut
    Bus Driver

Older me:
    Teacher
    House Husband
    Teacher again

At the moment, I think I would like to work with people and in a job where I can help others, possibly teaching. Money is not a motivator for me. :slight_smile:

18. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd love to learn to play the cello, my mom started lessons after my brother quit but I haven't got the time with fr horn, t-bone, and bass clarinet, not to mention school and homework...

19. MusicIsLife

When i was little, i wanted to be a marine biologist.

Now im in school to be a live sound engineer :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. Pixbadgirl

What if I'm not sure that I want to grow up???

I know it sounds kind of corny, but I think all I ever really wanted to be when I grew up was a mom. I loved when my kids were younger, and I was at home with them... you know, baking and playing with them and reading to them and teaching and showing them stuff. Now that they don't need me that way anymore, I sometimes feel a little lost, because although I have a very good job, it's not what I want to "be"...

Was that as clear as mud or what!!!?