1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

harry potter movie/last book (SPOILERS FROM POST #53)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Sam, Jul 12, 2007.

1. GuitarGirl1350

Re: harry potter movie/last book

OMG OMG I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THE 7TH BOOK!!!
    The Borders up here is having a "Deathly Hallows Ball" on Friday night! I'm going, and then getting my book at MIDNIGHT and staying up all night reading it!!!!!!!!
    I LIVE FOR HARRY POTTER! I don't know what I'll do know with no books to look forward to =[
    anyway.

***disclaimer: I have more a life than this post made it sound like.
    but only slightly.

2. dreamer

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

Oh trust me you are not alone! Ive read through the whole series again (currently on book 5) just so im prepared for this saturday...

3. Jerr

I am having surgery tomorrow and no matter what I'm going to the midnight thing... I'm driving so I won't take my pain killers that day but who cares! I'll be all bandaged... maybe I can get in the front of the line that way. I have a voucher so I am getting what I want that night but yeah. lol.

4. Torture

Torture Guest

Am I the only member of EC that doesnt like Harry Potter?

5. Sam

Sam

honestly I don't think they will keep the same actors much longer. They are getting way too much older then their characters. I hope I'm wrong because the movies wouldn't be the same without the same actors but you know how the movie business is. yeah I'm sure I would kick any person's ass who ruined the book for me but what am I talking about anyway, I won't be doing anything from the time I get the book until I finish it but reading it.

6. CelebrityHead

Harry had a romance with Hagrid's brother?!
    Haha just kiddin! But that's what it sounded like when I read it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. davo-man

I dont think they will recast any of the main characters...there would be too much of a backlash from the fans who now know Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter...it would be like recasting someone else as Luke Skywalker instead of Mark Hamill in the Episode 6....they just won't do it....and plus there are many (B-grade) horror films that have people well into their 20s playing teenagers and i dont thikn this will be anydifferent...sorry just had to put my two cents into that

Anyway, i loved the movie, but as most of you ahve said, if you havent read the book, you lose too much of the content...I really liked how they did Tonks and LOVED how they did Luna...the casting on that was perfect!!!...But the most awesome casting has got to be Helena Bonham Carter in the role of Bellatrix Lestrange....Absolutely brilliant...she had the loo, the act and that cackle was bodacious...Im so glad she will have a bigger role in the next one cos that was a highlight for me...I loved the fight in end between LV and Dumbledore and thought the effects were brilliant...I also thought the way they did the mid reading thing was really effective and (in some cases) creepy....And the dementors were freaky but incredibly good...loved the beginning...Lastly, was it just me or did the big poster of C Fudge was reminiscent of the big poster for the PM in V for vendetta...amybe that was just me

And i cant wait for the book to come out....and will be getting it shortly after it comes out if there are any left (stupid me didnt preorder it)

8. CelebrityHead

Surely they can make the actors look younger somehow. It would be a terrible decision if they decided to recast - I was bothered even when they had to find a new Dumbledore after The Philosopher's Stone (for obvious reasons)

9. GQMan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

i think you might be. lol

10. GQMan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

they would never change the actors. we are all familiar with them and love them. it would be stupid for them to do that and they know that. they are already working on HP 6 and once 7 is out, I am sure they are gonna start working on that one.

11. Sam

Sam

I hope you are right about the characters. I really don't want new actors it wouldn't be the same without them. this was just a concern that I decided to share and obviously there are a lot of people who agree that it would suck if they recast the characters.

12. phoenix17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

I love Harry James Potter, he is my greatest obsession, I loved the new movie (went and seen it last night) I loved all of the characters the people who cast them did a perfect job because they all match there counterparts of the book except umbridge she could have been a bit more rounded as in weight. I have already pre-ordered the book which will be released saturday. I have probably read so much harry potter i could tell you anything about him. There is no way they can recast characters for the movies because now when i think of harry Potter i picture Daniel Radcliff or Ron as Rubert Grant, or Hermione as Emma Watson. I loved the character luna she is my all time favorite next to hermione (with out her intelligence harry potter would be nothing) Emma Watson is the only girl i would ever consider have a relationship with.

13. GQMan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

OMG OMG 2 DAYS LEFT UNTIL THE LAST BOOK. Soooo exciting

14. Jerr

28 hours till wha? (at least by my time)

15. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Markie (my partner) has already seen a copy and knows how it ends. No, I'm not going to say.

They have them at the shop he works at, ready to start selling tomorrow.

16. davo-man

YAY they have started selling them (in a few hours)!!!!!This means that Guitar Girl will probably be reading in a few hours that both Hermione and Ron die at the hand of Ron's father who is under the Imperius curse and that Lord Voldermort kills Harry who is then killed by Neville who it turns out is the real Chosen One...Meanwhile, Snape kills Dumbledore...YES THATS RIGHT, DUMBLEDORE DIDNT DIE....because it turns out that DD was evil and Snape was protecting Harry the entire time

By the way i just made that whole thing up, but wouldnt it make for an interesting book?

#36 davo-man, Jul 20, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2007
  17. No day butoday

Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Until I saw that you were kidding, I almost cried. I'm not kidding at all D:
    The last three books have been given away by hackers, if anyone gives this away I'll cut off their penis and put their testicles in a blender.
    You too ladies! :grin:

18. davo-man

Dont worry, i wouldnt ruin the surprise but i will laugh so hard if im right in all my guesses!

Just talking of Harry Potter, i love the animation in your sig...make me laugh so much

19. Sam

Sam

yeah nobody ruin it for anybody please. thanks paul for not saying anything because I get the book tomorrow and I want to find out for myself.

20. No day butoday

Out Status:
    Out to everyone

My first guess would be, sadly, Neville(sob) and Voldemort, but I don't know if I'd be satisfied with an ending without Harry dying.
    Or maybe, DUMBLEDORE BECOMES A ZOMBIE and dies again and kills Voldemort at the same time.

And that icon makes me giggle to no end ;P

It's gonna be a long day: Mowing, going to a party for 8 hours, then harry potter party
    Eeeeee I'm so psyched