1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do your friends think your gay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nisomer, May 5, 2005.

1. biggayguy

The important people in my life know I'm a switch-hitter. They try to get me to raise my pitch and gesture more when we go to clubs.

2. Diego89

Sorry to hear that, I'm just recovering from a recent emotional breakdown myself, but things are starting to look good again (kinda), hopefully they'll for you too soon.

3. Amerigo

thank you for the kind words, i hope things will get better with some medicine and lifestyle changes :')

4. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    All my friends know, they all asked. So they knew before I came out to them. Easier to come out when they ask instead of later.

5. Colours

I'm not sure. On my train of thought, they HAVE to have a clue, but then when I come out they seem genuinely surprised and when I ask them whether they had a clue, they deny it. Which, in turn, surprises me.

Lately though, the few friends that I'm not out to, have stopped asking how things are going with the girls. And since they know people who I am out to, they probably have heard it from others or they might just have picked up a clue, since I haven't mentioned girls in months. But then again, that's just my train of thought...

A few years ago when I hardly even knew I was gay, there would always be several people who thought I was gay, some have even asked me. But since I've been coming to terms with it, it hasn't really happened. Got mixed feelings about that.

6. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Or a wizard?!? Haha I was thinking the same thing. But to answer the question at hand: I do not think they think I am gay. I don't normally do anything that makes them think that. Well...there is this one dude that I cuddled with one night and ended up giving him a handy. But then I texted him and was like "So I don't think I'm gay." I absolutely know that he knows that I'm in denial after that night. So yes, only one dude.

Side note: Damn, I have got to stop giving more information than what is needed.

7. coming out

coming out Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a few friends that suspect I'm gay , with some of my behaviors, but nothing I've confirmed myself to anyone. It was a missed opportunity to come out

8. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm out to one as bi, the others think i'm straight but suspect i'm gay and throw hints sometimes.

9. eatsleepclimb

I'm not very popular--people are always friendly with me and stuff but I don't think people would waste their time gossiping about me...so I'm not sure? Some know I go to the gsa and they know I don't talk about boys 24/7 but to tell you the truth I don't think anyone really cares about me that much to wonder...not in a bad way though. I don't mind not being the center of gossip!

10. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    People who meet me suspect it because I'm twink-like and not into sports and swearing and stuff... But while some people call me a fag without knowing me and all, my friends don't even suspect it..even if they know me since we were kids and they know i've never had a girlfriend or anything sexual with a girl. I once told them about a guy who was hitting on me via facebook and she said "well why didn't you tell him "I'm straight, fuck off" or something?" , or the other time I told them a friend of mine was gay and they were like "He's cool but don't hang out too much with him, he might convert you" or "think what people will say about you", and I'm like come on you guys don't be such homophobes, but they insist i'm straight, lol.

11. EverythingWeBecome

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Everybody around me suspects and that's not necceseraly a good thing

12. JessicaWolfess

aquaintinces and people I don't want to know I say I'm straight and play along with the whole.....yeah....shes hot.......would totally fuck her any day of the week.......hoe boy i sure do love women....thing, and to friends and family I just say I'm bi.....but to people really close to me I'll say I'm gay but can be attracted to women sometimes

13. Holly

Considering I've come out to all my friends, yes they know. However, before I came out to them, none of them had a clue :L Although now I am rather open about it with them, and it's a thing that comes up reasonably a lot, so yeah, it's rather big. But I don't mind, it's nice being able to actually talk about it, considering it hasn't been mentioned with my parents since I came out to them over a month ago...

14. Anomie

Anomie Guest

Most people never knew if they weren't close friends, the close friends always assumed even if I tried to be straight. As I get older more and more people ask my friends if I am and its kind of like... did you talk him then you know haha.

The people I would have wanted to know like a boy back in high school who actually liked me too never had a clue I was. But I got some validation from him when he saw a recent photo and he said I was "still too cute" too bad he's been engaged for a couple years, I missed that boat by both of us being shy. But he's really happy and I didn't have to get beat up in my redneck hometown for kissing boys.

15. Donnerschlag

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oh... i don't know. But I think they have a clue.

16. nkwacky

nkwacky Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No.. In fact, I have a totally bromantic relationship with my best friend, and I often flirt with him and shit like that, yet no one suspects I'm really gay. If I come out to them, they won't believe me for a week!

17. Ohhai

No, I think they'll definitely be surprised when I come out.

18. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, people who know me well know "something" is up, because I don't go out on dates all that much and turn down offers to be set up. I always turned down offers to be set up. That's just awkward. I've seldom had a problem on my own.

This Labor Day weekend I was out of town and was in the downtown of another city. Some street vendor had all these stones and jewelry he was selling. He motioned me over and I said "Thanks, but no thanks." He then said, "Aw, come on, but your wife will love you for it." I said, "I don't have one." I went into a restaurant and, when I left, he was gone. I was planning to joke with him about that and let him know that his assumption of a wife was interesting, because I've seen more variety than that.

19. iHateThinking

Either A.) I told them or B.) they kind of just figured it out before I mentioned it. So, for the most part, they don't think - they know I like girls.

While obviously a female, I tend to pull the more androgynous look and act more "masculine" than some girls. I dunno, I guess I eminate a "not interested in guys beyond friendship" vibe? Is that even a thing?

20. Some do, some don't. It's 50/50 with me.