My inner being communicates, my present me just doesn't know how to listen

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by brainwashed, May 2, 2020.

1. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Through very careful and deliberate listening, my inner being will communicate, I just don't know a) the language and b) do not know how to listen.

What do I mean?
    Language: Listening is along the lines of the five and only basic psychological states - anger, fear, sadness, shame, joy.
    When I'm angry my inner being is communicating. When I laugh, my inner being is communicating.
    Ah but when there is shame coupled with a psychological block, my inner being can't communicate. My inner being wants to communicate, it just cant get past the block. I now recognize I now need an antagonist to tease the shame out.

To listen, I meditate and put myself in an enviroment where "nothing is coming at me". What do I mean nothing is coming at me? No news, no internet, no people, etc.

2. Zombi3

Spirituality is a complex subject. It takes a lot of "digging" to understand one's self. Each person develops in their own individual way. I try to learn about myself through the observation of others.

Shame and psychological blocks roots from trauma. I have been trying to understand my own. But it's quite the task as someone who lived very passively I have dismissed most aspects of my life.

Do you remember your past traumas? If so, do you accept them??

3. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Spot on. I'm such a great observer of others. I can now see things in others that I have never been able to see in the past. This also applies to movies I've watched in the past and now watch again. I can see more. Way more.

Ok

Very interesting question. I remember some "events" but understandable I do not remember how I felt. Psychological numbness is a very basic human trait. Numbness is a survival mode reaction.

You ask, do I accept them? No, understandable, mainly because I have not had the benefit of therapy yet, I'm still fighting with them.

Thanks for replying

#3 brainwashed, May 4, 2020
    Last edited: May 4, 2020
  4. Zombi3

Your Welcome.

Fixing one's self is a difficult task, it takes so much digging and evaluation. But in time it can be done. Just keep going! And don't forget to Meditate!!