1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girl I'm into replied "Who's this?" to my text...should I believe her or forget her

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by love23cali, Aug 31, 2017.

1. love23cali

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I asked if their game was still on. She answered yes and asked "Who's this?". I stated my name and wrote "Dam!"

Her: Oh sorry. Got a new phone and lost all contacts.
    Me: Oo girl you can't come back from that one lol
    Her: I know haha
    Me: Lmao new phone. Girl be direct like u said you were (I didn't believe her)
    Her: Yes, I fell in the delta
    Me: Lol it's all good
    Her: Lost all my pics
    Me: No np. I'm half serious almost always. Just figured u weren't much of a texter. Hope you all win again.
    Her: We better win.
    Me: I'm sure you will.
    Her: We got by 4 to win by 4.
    I didn't reply to this.

I had thought that her prior texts were short and uninviting - they didn't lead to further conversation... So I straightaway assumed the worst here - that she was wanting me to take the hint and stop bothering her. And she made up a lie because she didn't know how to admit this.

She was friendly when I saw her earlier that day at work though. She was talking and laughing with me, joking about giving me her daughter if something happened to her on her skydiving trip, telling others only I was allowed to say what I had said to her (she didn't laugh when some guy followed up on what I said and another pointed that out), offered some of her snack to me. After showing me a pic of her daughter and saying something about her, I said her daughter was going to end up like me...and she said "girl I hope she ends up like you!". I didn't expect that. In person, she was legit acting like a friend. Every now and then she says "girl you know you love me" and "girl you know I love you". But I leave with negative feelings after texting with her and there are occasions where she acts uninterested and unavailable at work but I try to assume she's just busy in the moment. She never asks anything personal about me though -I don't feel she'd ever sit and listen- so I can believe that she's not interested in being friends.

Another option I considered was that the person asking "who's this?" was her boyfriend. They have a kid together but aren't married. I was told they are having a lot of problems and she's just trying to stay for their kid. She did also used to really flirt with me but I think she's trying to work on her relationship now and has mostly stopped. This option seems less likely.

Should I believe her? I feel mad thinking she's playing me for a fool. I'm having trouble believing her story. I think she deleted me... and you only delete someone's information because you're done with them. Do I delete her number so I can move on and resist the urge to text her?

2. Sawyer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Forget her.

Trust your gut. If someone makes you feel negative--they aren't worth it.

ShortButSweet likes this.
  3. Tallen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If a person was seriously interested in another person who was pretty direct in showing interest in them (as you have) does not respond back in a like manner I would say theres nothing there, if someone was hinting at liking me and I liked them back I would let them know.

4. BosiMalkia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with tallen, but I do not believe she knows you like her, since you never said that. I have said all the things this girl has said, and never like someone like that. I was just simply being nice because I thought they were awesome.
    This is what happens when you assume.
    just ask her if she like you or better yet tell her you like her and all your questions will be answered. Simple. Obviously this girl is not over thinking this, and you shouldnt either. Sounds like a friendship to me

Twist likes this.
  5. love23cali

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I believe she suspects or knows that I'm bi...and I did give her a small gift on her bday whereas most people at work probably did not. So I considered that the "who's this?" was an attempt to get me to back off.

Even if you were in a broken relationship you were trying to fix? Is it possible she was interested but trying to cut me out so as to improve her current relationship?

And is she likely not even interested in being friends? I know you obviously would never delete the number of someone you're into and want to be with...but what about a friend? Would you ever delete a potential friend's number? I was ok with being friends but this indicates to me that she doesn't even want me as that.

6. idsm

I haven't seen my trigger crush in more than 10 years and I still remember her number by heart.

She's either not interested or playing games. That and the fact that she is in a relationship (even if it's not a happy one) are enough to make her off limits, imo. If you still want to have her in your life, I think that the best thing to do is to be very straightforward with her. Ask her if she wants your friendship or not.

7. love23cali

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Considering the fact that we had texted a few times in the last couple weeks, she had to have known that I would likely text her again sometime soon...Our last text had been less than a week ago. Did she intentionally set herself up for this? She's just too old to be playing games...She's 33. I'm just so confused. Thinking I came on too strong and she's telling me to back off...This thought is embarrassing.

What is a "trigger" crush? I don't have her number memorized and I'm attracted to her - but I did save it straight away. I did want to be friends. Though I was into her, I wasn't interested in breaking up her relationship and starting off at the messy end of her longterm relationship. Deleting my number means she doesn't want to be friends, right? There are acquaintances whose number I wouldn't delete. I figure you only delete the people you've fallen out of contact with.

8. idsm

Age is just a number. People can act immature way after 33. You don't need to be embarrassed. But you do need to be clear about your intentions.

PS. Trigger crush is the crush that made you realize you are not exactly straight. Ah, fun times! :slight_smile:

9. love23cali

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Do you think she is more likely playing games and intended for me to react like this?

10. idsm

I think it's highly possible.

If she is, I strongly advise you to stop participating. I will probably be better for both of you to define the nature of your interactions.

11. love23cali

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't know...I can't see her being concerned with playing games.

I think she feels bad. Saw her tonight at a candle lighting for someone who'd passed. She had apparently been crying a little. I didn't look at her or approach her tonight. At the end, I walked quickly to get in my car, and she was standing in a group just about 12-15 feet from my car. She just kept her head turned towards me and watched me as I got in my car, backed out and drove off...seemingly waiting to see if I'd look at her. I didn't make any eye contact during this but her head was obviously turned and looking right at me as others in her group carried on talking. I looked in my rear view and saw her head still turned towards me and watching me drive off. Because I wasn't looking, I didn't see her expression as she watched me. She might have felt bad because she knew she'd offended me or she might have been confused...who knows, she may even have been standing there smirking.

So here we go...If something's bothering me, I'm not great at acting like we're ok. No, I don't know how to act right now. This is where I usually completely ruin a friendship - I close off. If things were actually ok between us, I could have just ruined it by ignoring her tonight. Though there were so many people, I could easily say I just didn't see her if she brings this up.

#11 love23cali, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    BloodWolf likes this.
  12. Sawyer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Even if you two were just on friend base...I don't think I've ever had a friend or known a friend who replied so distant in text. I get that people get busy, or life happens and they don't always respond, but I never feel bad about texting a friend, and they never make me feel bad when they respond. The only time I let a potential friendship go is if it is one sided. As with any relationship, it takes both people to make it work.

13. idsm

Are you sure you are not playing games just as much as she is?

14. love23cali

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm not playing games...I would consider that intentional. Because I don't know what's going on or how to deal with it, I feel inclined to stay away at the moment. After all this, I think she needs to be the one to initiate conversation -because I fear I've come on too strong and she wants me to back off= and I want to just see how she acts towards me.

15. love23cali

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So you're thinking she's not even a friend or interested in being friends.

16. BosiMalkia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, you should let her come to you. If a person does not specifically tell me they like me, i take everything that they say as a friend. I do not read into things because you will be the only one tossing and turning at night wondering if they like you or not.

lovewine likes this.
  17. BosiMalkia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Sawyer, anything that is one sided is not good, unless you both agree to things being one sided

18. love23cali

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The problem with that is that you put an end to any sexual tension and begin to develop their platonic feelings. I like them to think it's a possibility in the event that they are indeed interested in me.

lovewine likes this.
  19. BosiMalkia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is awesome, If you are the type of person that can handle those situations. The problem that comes with that is that you should not care about the outcome, whether it's a friendship, relationship, or etc. You clearly already showed her that you like her and it's up to her to come to you, not for you to keep questioning why she is doing this or responding this way. It's fine to handle things the way you did as far as showing interest but unless she tells you or you tell her about your feelings then I'm sure she knows there is a possibility that you like her.

20. BosiMalkia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should never assume that someone knows your bi or suspects.