1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mythology Roleplay

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by larkcarmen, Jul 10, 2016.

1. (Got ninja'd haha. Quick edits underway.)

Nico's mind was reeling from all this talk of worlds converging, child armies, and evacuating purgatory. The moment of serenity and belonging that he'd had inside the tavern had shattered at the news; the air was tense and heavy with the weight of worlds hanging in the balance. The gorgons had mostly kept their cool, discussing the situation with the calculation of creatures who had lived for centuries with only their wits to keep them alive. Nico's analytical mind was better suited for knowing how others thought and using that knowledge to shape their perception of him, so he could blend into any environment, natural or social. He had no experience with the wars between the divine and the damned; he could only testify that such wars were devastating on a global scale, corresponding with the most devastating cataclysmic events on Earth. The last war had been before his time, with recent conflicts limited to relatively small skirmishes and isolated incidents. But, with the gates of hell and heaven open for any and all to pass through...well, apocalypse was a fitting word for what would ensue.

"Aye, please do be careful," Blair said to him and Ghost. "It wouldn't do good for you to die before we had a proper play date. In fact, be on the lookout for Beleth. He's nearly impossible to miss, since he's trailed by loud trumpets." An eye roll punctuated his words. "Do not attempt to subdue him. If you see him, or any other demons, come back to me." Then, addressing Nico specifically, "Make your way back to me alive, Nico. This shall be your order." A smile streaked across their face like lightning, passing as quickly as summer rain. Nico almost thought he'd imagined it—that look so unlike the demon's usual countenance that he could convince himself it'd never happened. But even as he passed through the back doors and out into the land of heaven, black cat with jade eyes trailing after him, her tail swishing sassily back and forth—even when the murmur of conversation in the tavern faded and he felt the magical enchantments protecting it pass over him like a cloud, he could still see the smiling demon in his mind's eye, their last words ringing in his ears: "I just don't want to die with any regrets."

#181 Ambivalence0219, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  2. GhostStories88

Out Status:
    Some people
    F*** F*** F*** F***!

Ghost was really trying to stay calm.

Okay, heaven and hell merging? That was bad, very bad, but she could handle that. Ghost could definitely handle that, right? She's been in countless wars before. Sure, it'd probably result in a f*** ton of bloodshed but what else was new? Besides, this time she actually found a group of creatures that she wouldn't mind fighting with.

But Beleth? Of all the damn demons it just had to be Beleth. While it was true that Ghost was hated by a pretty large group of creatures, Beleth was another story, and not just because she utterly despised him in return. She'd been happy to leave that walking migraine in hell.

She was internally freaking out so much she didn't even tease Nico.

Ghost eyed him out of the corner of her cat eyes. Yeah, that's right, elf. I saw that blush, you dork.

She examined the Seraphim guards. They seemed tenser than usual (and for the Seraphim guard that was saying something). Maybe they did know what was going on–

You have got to be kidding.

Three of the guards were the ones that had chased her earlier.

Her claws elongated, and Ghost could feel her body prepare to strike.

3. Nobo

"The cats bout to start attacking" Cato said from where he was sitting by the window noticing how her body tensed up

#183 Nobo, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  4. Nico was a creature of shadow and wind. Blending into a crowd, not attracting unusual attention in a room of people—that was all child's play compared to this. No longer needing to restrain himself, he allowed his natural grace to seep into his movement, the long strides of his lithe legs like soundless waves against the pavement. Stealth was an art; the air was his medium as he weaved it with darkness, bending it firmly yet softly around himself. He could have walked around the square right in front of those Seraphim guards, nothing but a shadow made by the sinking sun, a whisper in the wind, but Nico decided to have some fun with it. He let just enough light reflect off of him for the people of the tavern—and the Seraphim guards, if they were looking hard enough—to see his silhouette, and performed incredible acrobatic feats, including rolls and maneuvers on the walls to evade detection from the vigilant guards. Nico's only companions were the ghosts of the past, walking alongside him as he approached listening range of the guards...Wait, what about the Ghost of the present? A quick scan of the square revealed the cat lurking in the corner of an alleyway, eyes riveted to a group of guards, back arching upwards as she prepared to pounce.

With hardly a moment's thought, Nico desperately flung his illusion magic towards her, towards the guards she was fixated on. As though a curtain were drawn, the shadows surrounding him flickered and went out, leaving his entire form visible. However, right before Ghost was about to strike, his magic reached her, reflecting the light from the guards away from her eyes, and diverting their sound waves from reaching her ears.

5. GhostStories88

Out Status:
    Some people
    (I'm not going to lie... I'm looking forward to see how you resolve this, Ambivalence)

The guards had disappeared.

What the f***?

Ghost glanced over to the now fully visible Nico. She immediately began to do her best cat version of mouthing, "What the f*** are you doing? Take the damn spell back!"

Okay, so maybe she was on the verge of attacking them, but he could've just picked her up or something. It wasn't like she could do any damage in this form. Shielding them from her defeated the whole purpose of recon.

#185 GhostStories88, Oct 2, 2016
  6. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Eury smiled, looking out on the scene. "Reminds me of better times."
    Stheno slapped a hand onto her shoulder. "You should fight again, sis."
    "You always said that a Gorgon without a fight in them was just as dull as a human."
    She shook her head. "Stheno, I know you mean well, but I just... You know what, Mimi? You're right. I did always used to say that. But right now, maybe I want to be as dull as a human. I fought for years, and for what? I couldn't save Mimi from..." she shook her head. "You still lost your eye, and the others..." her voice cracked. "They're all dead. Fighting is what landed us in this mess."

"And fighting will get us out of it!" Medusa almost slapped her head in frustration. "These people here are with us because I fought for them. We fought for them. And there's a fight coming, Eury. There are no pacifists in a war."
    Stheno nodded in agreement.
    Mimi looked outside. It seemed that the fight was about to start. "Think they need any help?"
    "Wouldn't help them if they did." Eury replied. "Saving an elf is pointless. And if some strangers get killed in the process, who am I to care?"

7. Standing in the dark of an alleyway leading out into the square where multiple groups of Seraphim sentries were surveying nearby buildings and streets, Nico had mere moments before his unconcealed figure was noticed. Still not entirely convinced that Ghost would not immediately pounce at the guards, who she doubtlessly recognized, Nico did the only thing he could do. Maintaining the illusions on her senses, he scooped her up into his arms, and pressed himself against the brick wall of the alley.

Pressed against a brick wall...now isn't this becoming a familiar position?

#187 Ambivalence0219, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  8. GhostStories88

Out Status:
    Some people
    Ghost scratched at his arm. "What are you doing?" she hissed. "We're supposed to be spying on them! Now, I can't even see or hear them, and they can see us!"

While she admitted that it was partially her fault since she was on the verge of attacking them, Ghost was still convinced there were better ways to subdue a tiny kitten.

Besides, she'd like to think she at least had some self-restraint to not actually attack them.(Yeah, right, Ghost. Keep telling yourself that.) It wasn't her fault her body acts more reflexively in this state. Especially since those f***ers did try to kill her earlier.

Ghost sighed, "Take the illusion off, I'm not going to attack them. Promise."

#188 GhostStories88, Oct 2, 2016
  9. Nico lifted the magical illusions from her in acquiescence and restored his own. Putting down the cat, he ruffled her fur before drifting off to get closer to the guards. As he drew nearer, he started to hear snippets of conversation.

"...one of the great nobles...turned to stone..."

"...bigger things to worry about...demons spotted in the financial district..."

"...angel disappearances...mass exodus...abandoned by the gods..."

He was about to get closer to hear more of what they were saying when off in the distance, his long ears picked up trumpets blaring.

10. GhostStories88

Out Status:
    Some people
    She wasn't going to lie. Ruffling her fur calmed her down a bit.

Ghost glanced at the tavern. Was that who they were talking about? From what she could hear, they seemed to be aware of Blair's presence. Did someone spot them before they came into the tavern? If they were traveling with Nico, how could that have happened?

She then remembered what had happened moments ago. Okay, never mind, she could figure it out.

But angel disappearances? The gods disappearing? What the hell was going on? Were they fleeing? Or was something making them "disappear"?

Suddenly, trumpets began to blare.

F******************K

It was Beleth. She'd recognize that smirk anywhere along with those tiny red horns. The smug f***er wasn't in hell anymore. Sh** really was going down.

The last time she saw him, she'd told him to have fun roasting in hell.

Looks like he didn't take her advice.

#190 GhostStories88, Oct 2, 2016
  11. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Blair watched Nico weave himself around the guards, the idiots none the wiser as an elf danced circles around them. Indeed, it was amusing to watch the tense guards twitch and turn, obviously too tense for their own good. Something Blair learnt as a guard demon was that being too tense would bring one's downfall. Something countless barrack mates had fallen to, as they failed to see the angels's movements. All of a sudden, Ghost tensed up, and nearly attacked the guards. They watched on with narrowed eyes as the gorgons had a rather tense conversation behind them. Judging by how Nico appeared for a split second, and how the guards span around- they had no doubt that they had heard the pair. Blair cursed silently, rubbing their face roughly. Leave it up to an angry shapeshifter to ruin almost everything. Thankfully Nico was around.

"Are you going to fight, or are you going to run?" They asked the sisters, still watching Nico and Ghost dash into an alley. Before they could say any more, inn the distance, Blair picked up something unlike the tense footsteps of the guards outside. Nay, it was something else. Something more jarring, and yet something that was vaguely familiar...trumpets.

Beleth was the one leading the armies in heaven. They'd guessed right.

"Heaven forbid."

They needed Nico and Ghost to come back. Satan knew what kind of battles Ghost had fought, and Blair didn't question that some would have been fought in Hell. Knowing Ghost, if she had a bone to pick with Beleth...

"Someone needs to bring back Ghost, if not the entire tavern would be reduced to dust and ashes." They turned around and fixed the sisters with a dead stare. "No one would be alive by then, their will to stay alive be damned."

#191 LogicNoSense, Oct 2, 2016
  12. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    "I have no intention of risking my life for a stranger." Eury stated.
    "You say it like you would actually die."
    "First time for everything, Stheno."
    "Not for immortals. Not this."

Medusa shook her head. "If the wings wanna pick a fight with us, we'll win. One look, and they are no longer a problem. We are currently sitting in an invisible, self healing bar run by three immortals who can kill you by looking at you. If you want safety, it's here. If you want a fight, you can see the door."

Stheno rolled her eyes. "She won't listen to me." she warned, putting on her cloak and heading out.
    "Are you crazy? What if they see you?"
    "Then they will think they've caught their Gorgon, and will leave everyone else alone. Trust me." She stepped through the door. "Love you guys!" The door closed behind her.

"If she gets hurt, Blair, I'm pinning it on you." Medusa's snakes hissed violently. She sat down, facing away from them.

13. Nobo

"should we go out there and help?"

#193 Nobo, Oct 3, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  14. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    "If you want to." Medusa shook her head. "Stheno's a big girl, she can go get the cat in."

Stheno crept around the back of the guard, slowly but surely making her way towards the two.
    Luckily the guard had turned, presumably looking for the source of the trumpets.
    "Okay, kids, we need to back off, right now."

15. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Blair sent a cold, dead stare to Medusa. Was she that stupid, to think that they'd leave Sltheno alone, in the midst of the guards and Beleth?

"I may be a psychopath, but I do have some morals. Such as taking care of people who take care of me." They turned back, watching the guards spinning around frantically. Obviously they'd heard of Beleth before. "Your sister will not die. I'll kill Beleth myself if it comes down to it."

16. Nobo

(so dos sentho have crazy stealth skills or is she just walking out there)

17. GhostStories88

Out Status:
    Some people
    "Beleth!" one of the guards yelled. Ghost watched in almost amusement as they began to panic for a few moments before regaining their composure. Readying their weapons, they all charged at him with a battle cry.

Beleth snapped his fingers and two fireballs appeared in each hand. He made a show of throwing one of the fireballs like he was pitching a baseball and began to cackle as the guards began to scream. Five of the guards began to flap their wings in an attempt to get away and get re-enforcements.

Ghost grimaced. This was probably going to be a blood bath. She seemed to be faced with a moral dilemma. On one hand those guards had tried to kill her earlier today. On the other, this was Beleth. Should she intervene?

You already blew your cover once today; you shouldn't risk it again. Don't forget that you're not working alone anymore.

Dammit.

#197 GhostStories88, Oct 3, 2016
  18. Nobo

"shit" Cato watched as one of the guards raised his crossbow about to fire at beleth and ran out the front door just as the guard fired he reached out and snatched the flying arrow out of the air before it could hit beleth then he pulled his bow out and nocked am arrow firing at 3 guards standing in a line the arrow penetrated all three then he quickly jumped behind a tree for cover breathing heavily and now we have an all out war meduza won't be too happy about me going out the front door but I doubt the guards notice because they were focusing on beleth Cato looked down at the crossbow bolt still in his hand (whatever magical substance is poisonous to gorgons) tipped these guys are not messing around

#198 Nobo, Oct 3, 2016
  19. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Blair barely registered Cato rushing out the door, attack the guards as soon as they started attack Beleth. The guards barely registered Cato, thankfully, but he nearly put the bar at risk, with how suddenly he rushed out. From the front door, right into the heart of the battle, no less.

"Aye, this is getting troublesome," Blair pinched the bridge of their nose, sending a prayer to Satan for more patience. We might need to evacuate soon, but Beleth would be a problem. Seems like we'd need to settle him before anything else, huh? They sighed, leaning back to knock their head on the wooden entrance with a knock. "Satan forbid if Ghost strikes out at Beleth..."

20. Nobo

(Replace beleth in my post with Blair sorry)