1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you like about men?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Maea96, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Gen

Gen

I wouldn't think that you would, but there is nothing wrong with appreciating penises either. There was nothing wrong with your comments about penis, but when we phrase those kinds of statements such as "Well, they have penises", then it starts to become untrue. It is no different than "I like masculinity in men" and "I like men because they're masculine". One statement is highlighting what we like about men. The other statement is putting them into a box.

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

The idealism is strong here...

Asking me what I like about men is like asking me, which of the chicken legs in the bucket of chicken is my favorite. Each of them have their own personality, quirks, and attributes.

If a man perks my interest, then that's what I like. Kind of a cop out answer, but almost anything else would feel like stereotyping.

3. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for reminding people of that. It started to get annoying.

4. Lazuri

I like that they make women prettier by comparison.

5. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

You said it sister! Girls forever! :wink: xx

6. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Though it's understandable that people will equate having a penis with being a man, as the vast majority of men do indeed have penises.

Either way, I like penises. :icon_bigg

7. Gen

Gen

But it not understandable to make statements, such as, "I like men because they have penises", in a social environment that constantly reminds you how both inaccurate and invalidating that statement is. If I wanted to call people out then I would have directly quoted them. It was a reminder that maybe the comments that we are making aren't the most thoughtful.

8. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sure people making such statements were not intending to invalidate others - nearly everyone equates being male to having a penis and being female to having a vagina. I think that perception will be very hard to shift, even in the LGBT community.

And I probably wouldn't date a trans man unless they transitioned.

#48 imnotreallysure, Aug 14, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  9. lemons123

I was going to write earlier today "big p*nises" but thought it's too simplistic...lol. OK, there I wrote it anyway. But yeah, p*nises in general? 0_0

10. Gen

Gen

I posted:

"Not all men have penises."

I did not call into question anyone's character or intentions. I did not label anyone as transphobic or claim that they had malicious intentions. I posted a reminder to a fact that certain people with this thread seemed to be forgetting.

You can make ignorant statements without meaning to be ignorant. I have done it. You have done it. We have all done it. So, rather than getting defensive when someone corrects inaccurate statements that you or others have made, why not simply acknowledge that being offensive was not your intention and moving on?

11. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I could do that, but it wouldn't be sincere. I think you need to let it go and move on yourself - it isn't that big of a deal. Calling people to task over every little thing isn't helping anything and makes you look pernickety and annoying. This thread was clearly intended to be a bit of light relief like most threads on here - it's irritating to see them ruined by these types of arguments.

I am and was already aware that not all men have penises - I have never claimed otherwise - but saying you like men because they have penises isn't really an unreasonable thing to say, because it's nearly a universal truth, and I am attracted to male physical features like penises, broad shoulders and whatever else. I can't say that I am attracted to trans men, because I'm not.

But maybe in the future I will say 'cis men' to avoid hurting people's feelings.

#51 imnotreallysure, Aug 14, 2015
  12. Gen

Gen

I literally posted a single sentence and devoted an entire post to assuring another member that I did not believe that they were bigoted for the comments that they made. What exactly do I have to move on from? Where have I called people to task on anything?

If you interpreted the acknowledgement that all men don't have penises to be a personal attack, then that says something about your character. I am unsure whether this is a matter of guilt or looking for something in my posts that isn't there, but you are the only person who is turning this into a dramatic debate.

13. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I might have a leg fetish.. not sure, but something about guys with nice muscular legs do it for me. Also nice eyes and a amazing smile. I also like height differences XD

---------- Post added 14th Aug 2015 at 04:22 PM ----------

(!)I think I might have a leg fetish.. not sure, but something about guys with nice muscular legs do it for me. Also nice eyes and a amazing smile. I also like height differences XD

14. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Nothing really.

15. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The right guys will always have your back. Plus you can talk trash to them and they won't take it seriously. May not be attracted to them but I love em all the same. As long as they're not douchebags.

16. waternation

waternation Guest

cute smiles, slim bodies that are still soft enough for the perfect cuddles, sense of humor, their laughs, when they do small things to show they're thinking of you or listen to what you say and how much you mean to them, a little bit of protectiveness (but not, ah, too much), and nice hair and dress sense, common interests...

ahh, basically the same things i like in girls or anyone else^^

although tbh, i am not that fond of muscles at all

hm, oh yeah, and if someone has deep brown eyes i love looking into them

but yeah, this is all pretty idealistic... but on a superficial level at least, these are some of the things that I really like^^

---------- Post added 15th Aug 2015 at 11:05 AM ----------

for what it's worth, I actually like the point that you made Gen and thought that it was very valid :slight_smile:

17. Maea96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I also love brown eyes. Don't know why, but it's just.. mmm :slight_smile:

18. waternation

waternation Guest

haha, yeah^^ i have blue eyes so maybe it's one of those "opposites attract" things? my ex bf has deep brown eyes and i used to love them, although he thought they were really plain and boring.

#58 waternation, Aug 14, 2015
  19. Maea96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I also have blue eyes :grin: maybe it is one of those opposite-attraction things, indeed. :slight_smile:
    I understand why he might've thought that brown eyes are plain and boring, but they're not imo. :slight_smile:

20. RosexBud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hmmm...

I really like guys who're older than me. Like not TOO much but still close by my age range. Being around an older guy/having one as a partner would make me feel protected in a way if that makes sense. And other feelings I can't find the right words to form into a proper sentence. XD I also would like a guy to at least be the same height, a LITTLE shorter, or taller. Mostly taller ❤ :grin: And I also like stubble like you mentioned in your forum. :wink: Gotta love me some stubble. And the most important thing I like is the eyes.

Sorry if this was off topic ;m; but that's what I could come up with.