What are you thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BradThePug, May 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thepandaboss

And boyfriend's mom can't even remember her own cellphone number... Look, I get not knowing it when you first get the phone but honestly, it's been like five months. With all the times you have to give out your number, how can you not remember it?

2. Nekobi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    *hugs* ​(ɔ ˘⌣˘)° ° c)s
    Let's be alone together!

#4442 Nekobi, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  3. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

See, this is why it's usually a good place to start with a relatively simple world for your story/stories and work your way up with more intricate and diverse worlds in your later stories. I'm wanting to start my writing career with my graphic novel, which for most of the story only takes place in a college campus setting, but with cartoon animals. Once I'm done with this book, I'll move on to more things, like putting the characters of the graphic novel into diverse settings for each of them, sort of like spin-offs of the main story. I also have another book series idea that I've been developing for longer than my graphic novel, which involves a race of dragon people being birthed from a genetic experiment in the 70's, and after several centuries they become a minority among humans in a Blade Runner/1984-esque future, and millions of years after that they are the dominant race on a dying earth, and must find a new home. I've put the dragon story idea on hold as it is too complex for me to flesh out at the moment, especially since I've devoted more of my time and energy to the simpler story in my graphic novel than to that story. There's a reason one cannot jump into the hard stuff first. Difficulty should be gradual, or else it is overbearing.

4. DanDan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sees relationships blossoming on facebook, pics of friends in their new college dorms making new friends and doing fun college stuff, and making something of themselves. Meanwhile, im on an overcrowded metro that smells like feet, with no friends, and on a 2 year wait to get out of this drive thru college (aka, community college, aka the lowest of higher education systems) only to most likely end up in a college thats just as bad.
    I swear, if I don't die by suicide, I'll die of heartache or the impending diabetes I might get from gaining all my weight back and getting diabetes from eating away my feelings.

5. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

Wow...I honestly don't know what to say, since I haven't yet gone to college myself. I guess I can't even find a relation to you and one of my characters of my graphic novel, since the story revolves around a large group of friends. All I can really say is that I give you my condolences, as I know as well as anyone who's gone through being alone in the world for a period of time just how bad it can be. I'm sure if you do your best to work on being outgoing as well as your charisma, you'll be making friends in no time. It's what has worked so far for me in high school, it might work for you if you at least try it out. :thumbsup:

6. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Was a long day :dead:

7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*)

8. Nekobi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Mmm thanks for the advice. I'll just have to start with a smaller project like you said, since I haven't written anything for ages. Sometimes I just need someone to come along and remind me not to skip the basics. Thanks (⌒_⌒)

9. Acm

Acm Guest

First day of school and it's already making me depressed :frowning2:

10. DanDan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, the more I think, the more worthless I see myself.

11. Hiems

It's that time of the year again... downloading syllabi, starting on pre-class assignments, putting exam dates into my calendar, buying a shit ton of ice cream to eat when I'm stressed (loljk :lol:slight_smile:

Fall semester begins this Monday u_u I'm dreading it lol

12. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

Man, I feel so lonesome because everyone else in my age group here is starting school already, and I still have to wait two more weeks. I hate how boring and long summer break is in Virginia. *sigh* :icon_sad:

13. AlexPanda94

AlexPanda94 Guest

My shoes should be here tomorrow... They could have been here by Friday night or Saturday morning but UPS is dumb. ;3

14. hyperInactive

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I enjoy how in my mind is this rich vibrant world in which all my thoughts are almost exaggerated, but when I try to push them into the real world they become bland points in small-talk...

15. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Seeing some friends, coffee plus a good book equals a good start to my first official day of vacation.

16. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ho boy, I had almost forgotten how it feels like to have a 16 hr. work day. Oddly satisfying, but ridiculously exhausting, and definitely unsustainable. Resting afterwards was more like passing out rather than actually sleeping.

17. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember one time I ordered a book, and when the book arrived; I found a note left by the Royal Mail, saying they'd opened it. I was wondering why it was repackaged. To this very day I have no idea what they found suspicious about a physics book. I've heard of people hiding drugs in books. I'm no criminal mastermind, but it just didn't seem like a smart plan in that case lol.

18. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wondering how things are gonna work out for the kids starting school again now that their mother and I aren't together. Working 7 days a week, 65+ hours a week, and constantly plagued by the feeling that I'm fighting the clock no matter what I do. Trying to be provider, homemaker, good employee, I don't know how I'm doing it without going completely nuts. But then I remember its cuz I don't think about things if I can help it. When I do, the ocd and anxiety kicks in and every detail of things seems to be its own mini crisis.

19. Gentlady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah that one guy definitely stalks me. He's in the same bus and I've caught him staring at me a couple times already.....

20. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm back everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.