Early Bird or Night Owl?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I am a night owl. I always have been, even when I have tried to change this. I always, after a while, go back to my night owl habits.

Are you a morning person, a night person, or does it not matter?

As I've said, I'm a night owl. I prefer to be awake during the night, for a variety of reasons. Even though I can get onto an early bird routine, it has never felt as natural, or as comfortable, as my night owl routine.

2. Yosia

Night person, definitely not morning, if you get on the wrong side of me before 10, it wont end well. xD

3. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a night owl as well. Not super late, but I tend to go to bed around 1 A.M. most nights and I've made sure not to schedule any classes earlier than 9. I'm definitely not a morning person.

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm only a night owl when I have to be (for work) otherwise you will rarely catch me awake after midnight. I tend to wake up around 7am most days, but there is one week in every month when I have to get up at 4.30am, again, for work. Even for an early bird that's quite punishing.

5. cuppycake

BOTH! ^O^
    Although I'm more of a night owl ...

6. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    Night owl, always. It doesn't matter how hard I try or how well I've been keeping a more 'normal' sleep pattern going, I always revert back to being nocturnal. It started around puberty and just got more pronounced as I got older. Of course this causes problems because a lot of the practical stuff I need to do involves going to or calling places which of course are only open within traditional hours (bloody daylight-lovers!) so I'm nearly always tired from either trying to force myself to stay awake so I can sleep the night or from not succeeding in doing this the next day. More recently I've been moderating it by splitting my sleeping hours into two naps of a few hours each, one in the afternoon and one at night, so that I will have got some sleep if I need to do stuff the following day.

If the world functioned on the same clock as me, I'd be quite happy with functioning this way. I feel more awake and productive at night.

7. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm a creature of the night

8. Candace

I'm a night owl :grin:

9. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Neither. I used to be a night owl. But I have to be at work early in the morning. So I rarely stay up past 11 on a weekday. I do often stay up til midnight on a fri or sat night though... so maybe I am a bit of a night owl. I am NOT a morning person though. Don't talk to me when I first wake up and I will need coffee and ecig before I start functioning. People who are chipper in the mornings makes me wanna punch them. Lol! Not really, but you know what I mean; it's annoying. Sorry, morning people!

10. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

Always been a night owl. In fact, some of my friends still call me "Batman" or "Batz" despite that gag being more embarrassing than funny nowadays. Oh and since I see that some people use "Night owl" to describe their knack for staying up late, I must clarify that in my case is a little more extreme. I stay up all night almost everyday and I sleep in the morning (I go to bed around 6 am). This has always been the case ever since I was 13 or so, only in those days I used to sleep whenever I got home from school. So yeah, despite the raccoon eyes that come with it, I thrive during the night hours and, while I hate cold, I welcome the longer winter nights with open arms.

On the other hand (to no one's surprise) I absolutely abhor mornings.

11. Ninjacorn

I'm definitely a night owl. I stay awake until the AM, and never want to get out of bed in the morning. When I get the chance to sleep in, I will, for as long as I can. :icon_bigg

12. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can go both ways honestly, but I prefer staying late though...

13. Bella Vampire

I love everything about the night. The morning sort of sucks for me

14. C P

C P

Night owl. It's pretty much where, once that certain time of evening hits, this -I'm awake- feeling hits me(if that makes sense).

We could be night owl buddies. Unless I have to be up early for something, and even then I tend to find ways to keep some of my night time(like splitting my sleep into naps), I hate mornings with a passion. I usually don't go to sleep until 4-5am on average.

15. BiShoegazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Neither. I'm awful in the mornings and I don't have the stamina to stay up late at night like I used to :/

16. Rainbows~Exist

I'd like to say I stay up late but *yawn* I tend to fall asleep reeeaallyy early... yeah... sleep...zzz

17. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm actually a morning person, but I can quickly procrastinate and do random things in the morning, which messes up my entire day. :/

18. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get up at 6:00 or before almost every morning, and I go to sleep at about 11-1 at night.

I'd say I'm more of a morning person, but I really just have a lot of homework to do that can't be done in either the morning or evening alone.

When I'm on holidays, I tend to wake up at about 7, and then go to sleep a little after midnight.

19. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely a night owl, since I was little, I remember staying up late with my dad.

20. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Neither. I try to go to sleep between 9-12 since I don't care to stay up late, but I also wake up late (around 9-11)