If you could travel back in time and change something you said/did. What would it be?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Delirious, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Foxface

Re: If you could travel back in time and change something you said/did. What would it

not a thing

I have messed up. I have hurt people. I have learned hard lessons

2. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: If you could travel back in time and change something you said/did. What would it

Where do I start?

3. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

I would probably tell myself to open up more, instead of holding things inside

4. BelleFromHell

I wouldn't have been such an ass in elementary school, so my mom wouldn't have started homeschooling me... :frowning2:

5. Weekender

I don't know. I believe everything I've experienced has had a purpose, and I've learned a lot from all my screw-ups. Kinda wish I hadn't punched my friend in 4th grade, but then I wouldn't have realized I needed to find a healthy outlet to release stress.

6. Colours

I've been thinking about something in particular that I want to go back into time for to change. Not because I regret it necessarily, but because I want to find out what difference it has made in my life.

You see I got hit by a car three years ago. I'm lucky to have survived. And I sometimes philosophize about how different my life would have been if it hadn't happened. If I had only checked whether it was safe to cross the road. It boggles my mind that something so small can have such a great impact on someone and someone's life. It gets me wondering sometimes.

#26 Colours, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  7. Gentlady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

At first this made me think of various situations that went wrong, but now that I'm reconsidering it....
    Nothing.
    Although I might regret some stupid things I've done(OK, many stupid things), if I changed them, I wouldn't be who I am right now. Though I know there are so many things that make me imperfect, so many of those things are what make me me. And that's why I'd rather not change even the things I deeply regret.
    I wouldn't change even the fact that I've been drinking. The fact I've been very offensive(and even violent) towards some people. Anything. Cos I wouldn't be exactly who I am right now.

Okay, there's one thing that I would change. I would've done more sports during the last ten years! :lol:

8. Delirious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

It's up to you, no pressures :wink:
    :O that sounds... Hard
    I have to say it. I love this answer
    :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

9. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Knowing what I know now? Come out and transition in college about 10 years ago.

10. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

Nothing.

Everything that I failed or succeeded in contributed to the awesome person I am today.

People might question why I wouldn't take back all the things that got me into trouble in my school years and the simple answer is: I learned from those mistakes and if I didn't, I probably would not be where I am today (or have the same amount of respect toward people that I have now.)

11. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I wouldn't have sold my house in Los Gatos, CA, which would now be worth well over a million dollars.

12. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Convince your parents to start buying you college textbooks. You are absolutely smart enough to begin teaching yourself college-level mathematical, chemical, and engineering principles. No reason not to start now. Yes, you heard what I told you - despite all your claims to the contrary you're going to settle on engineering anyways. Get used to it. :lol:

Although, I should say, chemical engineering. It'll appeal to you much more than bland stuff like mechanical or electrical, do look into it. :wink:

Start looking into colleges immediately. Look for professors you get along with, so that it will be easier to find a mentor. Don't just blow it off like I did. Don't be afraid of Butte, either...its little quirks and drinking culture are going to appeal to you one day. :lol:

Try to talk your parents into leaving that hellish little town - heck, they're going to leave eventually anyways. And trust me when I tell you, if you knew what awaited should you not leave, you'd be immensely grateful for not having to experience it. Get out now.

#32 Browncoat, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  13. Delirious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

What the...? Hahahaha, wrong thread?

14. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

No... that's what would tell myself if I went back in time, say to around 15 or so.

15. Illus1

I think he was talking to himself in the third person in the past.

Browncoat seriously, I am in Chem Eng. and I am glad my parents didn't buy me books of college stuff in HS lol it was good to learn it just where I should in college and not before.

16. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

^ Heh, call me arrogant but I think could have completed at least the first and maybe the second year-level classes in my high school years. :lol:

No harm in starting early. (as I say that, though... god I'm going to be such a pressure-packed parent, should I ever be one :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

17. Cass

I wouldnt have let my first sexual experience be with the crappy guy it was with and i would never have come out

18. Delirious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Ups? :icon_redf

19. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people

Back in December I messaged this incredibly gorgeous guy who lives near me and was shocked when he actually replied. He wanted to go on a date but I turned him down because I didn't think it would be fair to him since I'm not out. Deep down I think I did the right thing, but I've regretted it every day since. If I could go back and do it again I probably would have taken that chance.

20. robotman

I think I would go back to when I started high school... I would pretty much change everything from there, I should have had more fun and not be so uncomfortable about who I was or how I was feeling, I secluded myself from so many friendships. I was actually quite popular, like I could of hanged around pretty much anyone but I just secluded myself completely from the ages of like 14-19... I think that it would have really helped and I would be in a better place now!