WWE Fans?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by JStevens96, May 30, 2014.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I grew up watching the beginning of the Attitude Era, and finished it. I stuck around a little ways into the whole Invasion angle, when WCW and ECW were brought into the mix. The problem was, a great deal of WCW's contracts did not bring in the bigger names, like Goldberg, so what we got was a questionable lot. The same with ECW, too. It was during the middle of all of this that I tuned out, because it was just half-assed.

Since then, I would skim a wrestling website, or maybe tune in for a few minutes here and there, but that was the extent of it. Eventually, I got back into it, about the time SmackDown! was kicking RAW's ass in terms of rating and talent. Back when Eddie Guerrero, Kurt Angle, Edge, Chris Benoit (despite what he did, he was still a tremendous talent), and Rey Mysterio. Paul Heyman, despite some personal and financial problems, is still a fantastic promoter, and he did wonders for the blue brand.

Eventually, like before, I lost interest about the time John Cena was drafted to RAW. However, unlike before, I stayed tuned in more often, so I was able to keep up with what was going on. I just didn't have an interest to actually sit down and watch.

I once more got back into wrestling when, my sister's ex-boyfriend, was having a Wrestlemania 27 get-together. From here on, I watched every week or every other week. I enjoyed R-Truth's heel turn. I was able to see Daniel Bryan, coming from Ring of Honor, finally rise up and become the star he is today. I was able to see CM Punk cement himself as a clever mic-worker, when he gave that pipe bomb promo. Needless to say, for once since the Attitude Era, I was very impressed and actually slightly excited to see what would happen...

Well, that excitement is gone. Despite Daniel Bryan, finally, becoming champion, it is apparent that the roster is either being misused, or lacks the firepower to hype the crowds. I've debated tuning out, but I've invested many years, and several fond memories, with the product, so I tune in enough to stay informed. However, I'm not that impressed with the direction the company is going.

Sadly, TNA, is not an option. They're WCW 2.0, and not the good WCW days, but the last few months of the original.

That all said, my favorite wrestlers...

WWF/WWE
    - Chris Jericho
    - Eddie Guerrero
    - "Macho Man" Randy Savage
    - Mick Foley/Cactus Jack/Dude Love/Mankind
    - Kurt Angle
    - "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

WCW
    - Chris Jericho
    - Eddie Guerrero
    - Raven
    - Diamond Dallas Page
    - Rey Mysterio Jr.
    - Chris Benoit (again, despite what he did, he was a tremendous talent)

ECW
    - Raven
    - Sabu
    - The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray & D-Von)
    - Psicosis
    - Sandman

Divas
    - Christina Von Eerie (independent)
    - Paige (WWE)
    - Lita (WWE)
    - Natalya (WWE)

TAG TEAMS
    - The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray & D-Von)
    - Team Xtreme (Jeff & Matt Hardy)
    - The Shield (Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns)
    - Rated RKO (Edge & Randy Orton)

Unfortunately, my favorite wrestler was only in TNA for a short stint. It would be nice if he did come to the WWE. He trained AJ Lee. Anyway, my favorite wrestler is a young man by the name of Jay Lethal. You can find him, as of typing this, in Ring of Honor.

2. jahow95

Never been a fan, no offence but I don't get the appeal over MMA or boxing?

3. KyleCats

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    MMA and boxing lack characters, stories and creativity. Also humor. The best wrestling (imo) has a good dose of humor.

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I second the humor aspect. One of the funniest things I ever saw on WWE was this:

This just proves how talented Kurt Angle is.

5. KyleCats

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Meh. I've been over Angle for years. He's a bible thumper and any respect I had for him is long gone.

Anyway, that is a funny clip. I'll raise you this, from Chikara: Chuck Taylor kills Soldier Ant with a grenade

6. Hiems

LOL I just remembered this today. IMO, the most amusing wrestler is Rikishi. His signature move, stink face, makes me laugh. Using stink face on the wrestling games was fun :lol:

7. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

Rikishi was awesome & I totally miss Angle. Loved his Smack down days

8. Princess Danica

I was a HUGE fan from 2002-2008, but when they started pandering to kids and Cena was always the champ... I got really, REALLY sick of it pretty quick. I ordered Wrestlemania XXX because I heard The Undertaker (my favorite wrestler of all time) was going to lose his streak, which he did... so now I have no reason to watch. Rest In Peace Deadman and rest in peace good old days of WWE

9. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

My childhood ruined lol :'(

10. Princess Danica

Did I ruin it? Lol

11. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    actually guys dont laugh but i watch it because they all wear tights and i just cant stand it so i watch it for the hot guys there but i dont like it much i love fighting but when i watch it i feel like its boring so boring i cant stand it i mute the volume and look at the guys ^^
    but i respect who love it its their choice
    but i wish one day i can find a realistic fighting show maybe something like legal street fighting
    people fighting in the middle of the street for money anybody can sign up and try it of course you have to be 18 or older and must have an id
    and the last standing man will win and gets the price which would be money or whatever its
    now that i might like where there might be some cool ladies fighting too not just some men with no morals dressing tights and showing off their asses on tv to get money
    as the whole fighting is an act they dont really fight

12. tulipinacup

How could I forget Rikishi. He along with Scotty 2 Hotty were pretty amazing as a tag team.

13. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

No haha Undertaker losing did but I wasn't that upset, but shocked!

14. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

What he does in his personal life, that's all him. But when he steps into the ring, or did (he is winding down due to the years), he delivered.

Ah, Chikara... my very first match involved powerbombs and... sprinkles. Yeah, sprinkles. Nice to see somebody else know about Chikara, it isn't something too many people admit to knowing about, let alone actually liking.

15. JohnB

Love you. :slight_smile:

You gave such great detail into your love of the wrestling industry. I grew tired of having type out different variance of my love of wrestling every time. I grew up in the attitude era, observed everything about it, including ECW and WcW. Wacthed it from then on till....actually now. lol. Still into seeing the young talent who is brought in and seeing what they can do with who they have.

Nice to find someone else who shares the ame opinion of TNA. I tried getting into it back when it started because I heard that is where Jeff Hardy was in 04, I enjoyed the X-Division (hence is why "Total Non-stop Action" came from but they lost that along the way when they were trying to use WWE formula to try and get ratings) Only reason I ever watch it today is simply the same reason I always watched it, Aj Styles, Samoa Joe & Christopher Daniels, but now it is only for Joe.

I love the independent scene, once Punk & Bryan were growing along with Austin Aries in TNA all becoming champs, I knew the Indy scene was finally gonna get some recognition and hopefully attention it deserves. Excited when Jon Moxley, Tyler Black, El Generico, claudio castagnoli, Paige, etc.. were all brought in. This is why I name the new Era(after stupid PG) the "Indy Era" that is where the future is actually generating from.

Too many favorite wrestlers to name as my faves. but Currently

Fave Wrestler - Cesaro
    Fave Team - The SHIELD
    Fave Diva - Natalya (needing to go with Canadian pride ;p)

16. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The rock all the way up through the Rock and Sock connection. Hell he was amazing even as Rocky Miavia. Ugh... Owen hart was part of the nation and it was so tragic how he died and he would have been amazing as part of it.

Also I missed the brawl for all. That was great, but I think due to certain legality issues they stopped.

There was nothing like 95 to 2000 Monday night raw. Did not miss a single airing in that period.

17. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Didn't help that the winner (Bart Gunn) got knocked out quite badly by Butterbean (an actual boxer) of all people in a boxing match.

18. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

Payback is on now!

19. KyleCats

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you guys have the Network? Everyone I know got in on that when it first went up. I hesitate because I'm not sure I'd watch very much of it... I'd rather watch my indie DVDs or rewatch Chikara iPPVs or something. Plus I don't like that they want to charge you 6 months at a time. If it really was 10 bucks a month, I'd go for it.

20. JohnB

I am pretty impressed by this ppv so far. This PPV showcased great touch guy matches that SmackDown! once had back in 2006 with the likes of Finley, Regal, Benoit, JBL, Lashley, the matches between Rusev/Big E., BNB/RVD, Cesaro/Sheamus all showed great back and forth action that made this PPV pretty good. Especially the scramble we saw during the last man standing match between The Usos/Wyatt Family involvement made it great. Now I am about to watch a war between The Hounds of Justice and Evolution in a No Holds Barred Elimination Main Event.

I like this PPV and seriously considering buying the DVD. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: